You love your car more than me...

87chrisss

BLUBYU
My girlfriend is seriously jealous of my Buick..ive been with her for 11 years i have a one year old son with her and no i don't want to get married at this point in my life im 24! Anyway's WTF is marriage going to change anything? ive been with her for 11 YEARS were basically married why do you want paper work? am i still immature because of this? or is it her being immature?..And no i dont want to be laying in bed watching damn NETFLIX all day i want to be outside under my bucket..yes i'll spend time with you but i dont want to watch 3 romantic comedies today!!! " YOU LOVE THAT F*$%ing POS CAR MORE THAN ME" my response my car is not a POS your jetta is a POS..and i do love you but i need a hobby to keep me sane.... i work i pay the bills let me work on my car i enjoy burning my hand and cutting my finger on that mission trying to complete something...i feel great once i fix, replace or diagnose something that most people cant do.. anyways..i hate fighting with her..anyone ever get this chit from your significant other or just me?.. probably just me with my luck..in my research ive come to realize most of my friends wife's or girlfriends/fiancee etcc want them out of the house not in the house all the time...

Ok, I am sure we all get this I do. Just remember this they are all the same they just have different names. I get it worse I work midnights and have 3 cars I always work on lol. My daughter is about the same age as your son, so I know that they also take up time. But you do need to have some time to yourself or you will go insane. The only diff between me and you is i bit the bullet and married mine. Just buy her a rock and keep her quite. Plus it shows her you care, whatever that means.

Tell her that your car gives you a hell of a better ride than her when it running right and that it never complains about anything even when you lay it to the floor. :D

My girlfriend is seriously jealous of my Buick..ive been with her for 11 years i have a one year old son with her and no i don't want to get married at this point in my life im 24! Anyway's WTF is marriage going to change anything? ive been with her for 11 YEARS were basically married why do you want paper work? am i still immature because of this? or is it her being immature?..And no i dont want to be laying in bed watching damn NETFLIX all day i want to be outside under my bucket..yes i'll spend time with you but i dont want to watch 3 romantic comedies today!!! " YOU LOVE THAT F*$%ing POS CAR MORE THAN ME" my response my car is not a POS your jetta is a POS..and i do love you but i need a hobby to keep me sane.... i work i pay the bills let me work on my car i enjoy burning my hand and cutting my finger on that mission trying to complete something...i feel great once i fix, replace or diagnose something that most people cant do.. anyways..i hate fighting with her..anyone ever get this chit from your significant other or just me?.. probably just me with my luck..in my research ive come to realize most of my friends wife's or girlfriends/fiancee etcc want them out of the house not in the house all the time...

Tell her that you are going to sell your POS Buick and buy a new Mercury.
[video=youtube;h5sOCEUpGZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5sOCEUpGZI[/video]

She may learn to like the Buick.:D

Why not have her come out and work with you? Maybe do a trade-off... She comes out and gets dirty with you (AND no complaining) and you go take her shopping or go do whatever she's into with no complaining on your end... Heck, maybe she'll like it....

The "boss" likes to come out and wrench with me and when she did complain that all we did was work on my car, I bought her a TR also- so we could work on her's too... Worked like a charm.:cool:

You got 3 choices:
1. Get rid of the car= no
2. Get rid of the girl= maybe
3. Compromise.
I'ld try the compromise. Schedule out time during the week and weekend for your "car" time and your "couples" time and finally "family" time. I spend time with the wife 3-4 nights a week and at least 1/2 a day on the weekend. I know everyone's different but it works for us, 26 years of marrage and 2 kids. Now that my kids are grown and moved out there is more "car" time and "couples" time so it's a little easier. If you can't compomise, move on, you'll never be happy.

If you've been with her since you were 13 it's time to finish one of those cars and hit Vegas for a road trip. :eek:

Broad-en your horizons with a new one for a while. ;)

Seriously she's just trying to control you a bit.

Tell her you'll give up the cars but you're gonna take up a new hobby drinking 3 nights a week at a local hangout where the hotties are.

Then see what her answer is....... :p

It's funny how most women are condescending about our passion for fast cars. But that still don't phase me and they know it:rolleyes: I'd rather be single and keep shooting women down than having to deal with that drama:cool:

I like to tell my wife that there are worse hobbies and addictions. I.E... Tiger Woods!

Just tell her you will sell the car but you are going to spend all the money at a strip club! I will be she says no!

I told the girl I'm dating the amount of money I've spent on the car since I had it............ she pretty must chit her pants :eek:.

yea since 8th grade i was her first boyfriend and first at alot of things, all the way threw high school and till know...long time...she hates the buick she's never gone for a ride she hates the way it looks/sound and she says its a GHETTO CAR.. she wont be caught in that car..and finally she wont let me take my son with me in the buick she says it isnt a safe car for him to ride in...it pisses me off but not to fight i just leave that topic alone.....she argues why couldnt i get a s2000 or a gti instead...to sum it up for you her mom and dad gave her everything she wanted while growing up...while i was given the door and a foot in the ass

i always tell her look at my friends they all play xbox and spend hourss on fantasy football...and honestly i cant do that.. i work hard! pay bills! got my own chit going.. dont do any drugs! and wtf i rather be under my car than watching football or playing fantasy football thats just me! im a car guy i read technical chit learn new things and i like guns.. and bitches with tiny shorts washing cars..

The car appears to be the last thing she can't control and she won't be happy until the car is gone. Even if it sits dead in the garage you can never get rid of the car. Life will cease to exist if you do. You will just be another zombie out there.
Right Zombies?

D

and make sure she has a job.

You should really look into getting collectors/said value insurance before she torches it...just saying. It sounds like she needs a hobby. Our church has a girls with guns club that she was able to get into and have fun with other women her age. Aside from paying all the pays, which is admirable...how much time are you spending helping her with the 1 year old. Taking care of a kid, and a household (cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.) is not an easy gig and can drive any sane person insane.

And I wouldn't take a 1 year old in an old Regal either...you're talking about 23 year old restraints from an '80s car when safety really wasn't a priority compared to today's cars and the extra effort they go through even with having additional provisions for car seats/booster seats brackets. I get nervous having my 9 and 6 year old in the car because of all the rubber necking people are doing gawking at my car while they're driving...I swear, people forget how to drive and get real stupid when they see a Grand National pull up next to them.

Hopefully she does not read bitches with tiny shorts washing cars. You might have just solved your problems:biggrin:
She is not going anywhere. I know a couple of people that met in grade school that are still together. Thats cool.
Im the same way.I cant stand sports or video games. I would rather be working on cars.
I would not take the baby in that car. These cars are not safe. I would buy the Gti and keep the buick. The s2000 is not practical and not safe.

And I wouldn't take a 1 year old in an old Regal either...you're talking about 23 year old restraints from an '80s car when safety really wasn't a priority compared to today's cars and the extra effort they go through even with having additional provisions for car seats/booster seats brackets. I get nervous having my 9 and 6 year old in the car because of all the rubber necking people are doing gawking at my car while they're driving...I swear, people forget how to drive and get real stupid when they see a Grand National pull up next to them.

This is so true.