XTSM - Extreme TSM

Since this is going to an '' X'' class, will it be 1/8 mile for all races like every other "X" class? That would also make it easier on parts.

Should remove the 67 -109 block, turbo from the class , this way it wont take away from THS. The 67 on stage block cars would be all stage motors. This way it is a win win deal for both classes. It wouldnt take cars away from a class that has had good growth since started.If some one wants to step you have XTSM. This would keep the 109 block guys from spending the $$$ to make their cars lighter,and the stage guys from adding weight.
DDay

The 67mm 109 was allowed last season already though correct?
Why X it now?

JMO but........going to have to decide what ET range is acceptable for this class and go from there. If you want it to be a 9.20-9.0 class then you don't need to be dropping significant amounts of weight off of the current 109 combos. You have several running bottom 9s and at least one high 8 sec car under the current rules. I agree that letting it turn into a mid to high 8 sec class would more than likely hurt particiaption more than help. The objective here is to allow stage blocked combos to run for reliability reasons more than anything without letting one run away with the class due to being able to push them harder. That makes me think the 67mm turbo limit for the stage cars makes more sense and leave the weights alone - at least as a starting point. Maybe allow T4 flanges on a 67mm? IDK?

I have to agree with Chris in that if you allow them in but castrate them right off the bat, what's the point as no one will bother showing up with a stage combo. I also don't see the big deal over the 3800 series engine. I would say let it run at the same weight as an aluminum headed 109 and go from there.

Again, there is NO WAY to make EVERYONE happy. Just going to have to pick something and roll with it and see how it plays out.

Clay you are right and I dont know of anyone who had one in TSM unless they ran two classes to stimulate car count at other races. Im not aware of any at BG either. I wasnt saying you couldnt run a 67 just no weight break for a smaller turbo.
DDay

I say leave it 3 bolt as it makes tech on the turbos much easier. 4 bolt stuff just becomes even more complicated.

Lonnie I'm still going to bat for you on the 3550 since you have agreed to that. Since there is not much known about them then the class has nothing to lose by letting you run at the weight you stated was ok. Whats the worst that can happen?? You would have to add 100lbs maybe...

All in favor of 3550 for the series II speak up...

Clay you are right and I dont know of anyone who had one in TSM unless they ran two classes to stimulate car count at other races. Im not aware of any at BG either. I wasnt saying you couldnt run a 67 just no weight break for a smaller turbo.
DDay

I disagree... allow.... Are you looking at switching classes?

I say leave it 3 bolt as it makes tech on the turbos much easier. 4 bolt stuff just becomes even more complicated.

Agreed... 3 bolt only... 4 bolt is another variable this discussion does NOT need.

Lonnie, I have absolutely no idea of the advantage or disadvantage or the newer 3.8, but i think that a good starting point is around the alum headed 109s.... Your the pioneer with this motor... I would like to see what it can do... I think I almost did at BG, but not sure. Good luck

Can a inlet reducer be used on a 71 to slow down the s2 cars untill things shake out. We dont even know if all the weight is needed yet. ????????

If it was made into a DR class and mandated Mickey thompson tires I GUARANTEE you guys wouldnt have to worry so much about combos and weights and wouldnt always have the same winner.... The more power you make the harder it is to get up the track.

Bob i saw the 71 hpq for sale. I can't run a billet wheel turbo in the local 8.5 limited class.
The new TSM seems to be getting out of hand. More like small turbo TSO. All the fiberglass parts, large weight breaks proposed for the already fast bunch, losing the street equipment, and exhaust.
I say 3300 for iron head 109
3500 aluminum head 109 and 3800's
3600 stage motors
3bolt turbos only
no penalty for E85 or alky injection
keep all other existing rules namely all street equipment and exhaust.
I will wait to see what the final verdict is.

Bob i saw the 71 hpq for sale. I can't run a billet wheel turbo in the local 8.5 limited class.
The new TSM seems to be getting out of hand. More like small turbo TSO. All the fiberglass parts, large weight breaks proposed for the already fast bunch, losing the street equipment, and exhaust.
I say 3300 for iron head 109
3500 aluminum head 109 and 3800's
3600 stage motors
3bolt turbos only
no penalty for E85 or alky injection
keep all other existing rules namely all street equipment and exhaust.
I will wait to see what the final verdict is.

Looks good to me.

They will let you run the Billet wheel 71 but not billet wheel 76. Thats what I was told. Guys were running them last year.