Xfi Comm port failed help.

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
Forgive my computer stupidness:

So I can not connect to my xfi. This is a Windows 8 machine running Windows 7. I know it does work bc I've had someone w serial port connect right up. I have the USB to serial connector as well. I think I installed drivers from website but how do I know if I did that correctly?

I've used the same USB port. I've tried all the com ports w same error. Trying a different USB slot would make a difference? Any help or phone walk through would be greatly appreciated. I called fast and they said to try different USB slot. Don't know if that would really make difference. Using the 3.0 slot not

I spent the better part of 2 hours with the same problem last week, the driver for the cable didnt install correctly from the disk. I ended up uninstalling then downloading from th3 fast website. There were a bunch of different files on the fast site, i wish i could remember which one i used, but trial and error eventually won out. When it installs correctly youll know, it will have a window pop up and say so and it will also tell you what port it assigned to it. Mine ended up being 4. I went under communications and selected com port 4 and it has been perfect ever since.