TR6 boot loader timing out

huntsg

The ignition software boot loader times out. The following conditions are in effect; 1) windows 10 is in use, 2) ignition key is turned to the off position & the battery positive cable is disconnected from the battery, 3) ignition mode 2 is switched on, 4) USB cable is plugged into the module & my computer USB port, 5) S19 is selected, 6)waiting for Hc(S) 08 reset; (ACK timeout: 0s)... 7) 115200,128000. I'm sure someone has seen this error before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The ignition software boot loader times out. The following conditions are in effect; 1) windows 10 is in use, 2) ignition key is turned to the off position & the battery positive cable is disconnected from the battery, 3) ignition mode 2 is switched on, 4) USB cable is plugged into the module & my computer USB port, 5) S19 is selected, 6)waiting for Hc(S) 08 reset; (ACK timeout: 0s)... 7) 115200,128000. I'm sure someone has seen this error before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
So I am in the middle of reflashing my TR6 and have encountered the same problem. After texting with turbo bob one of the problems was that windows 10 automatically loaded its own USB driver. If you try to install Bob's driver it will say that its driver is newer and won't let you install the older one. You have to go into the device manager and update the driver manually, but it still won't like it because it's not digitally signed. Therefore you may have to side step windows security by changing your startup parameters to allow unsigned drivers. Beware that if you do this you may need your BitLocker recovery key before it will let you make the change. It's all quite painful, but you can PM me if this doesn't make sense. Once I changed that I was able to install Bob's driver and everything looked correct and I still couldn't get past the timeout in the bootloader . I'm using a Microsoft surface pro which may be the problem (not sure why, but I'm running out of options), so if I can dig up another laptop I will try to use that. Unfortunately, the only windows product I have is the surface pro. One other thing I could try is a different USB cable. More to follow unless someone knows the fix.

Well, it looks like the surface pro didn't have enough power in the USB port to run the flash. I got hold of a Dell XPS running windows 10 and was able to accomplish the upgrade flash. I even used the windows driver instead of the one from Bob and it worked.