XFI 2.0 comunication issue

turbobitt

Has anyone had any isues with comunicating with 2.0 after the update ? My laptop will comunicate until I try opening the VE or Spark tables, then I get a sync error. Was able to read it a couple times but mostly falls out of sync as soon as I open them. Didn't have this issue before 2.0.
FYI - using older laptop, about 10 years old with XP and serial port.

Will the USB port be a better option ?

Dashboard, Gauge panel, and most other menus display without issue.

Allan G.

Here is more imformation based on what I see so far. If I have the main dashboard open, I can open the VE table without issue. If I open the VE table with no other windows open, the VE table display only without the eye on the screen and the small dashboard associated with the table, Then it looses comunication. Tried the USB connection and problem still persist.
Anyne with some input would be appretiated.
Allan G.

no problems but im using a usb cable and port...not sure but i think usb can transfer data faster than serial...maybe that is the issue?
-Dan

My computer only has USB 1 and is about 10+ years old. Maybe time to upgrade the laptop ? Since it worked with pre-2.0, I wasn't expecting an issue.

Allan G.

Allan,try a different computer or maybe even redownload the software,I tuned a car today with no laptop problems at all,but my software didnt come from the dowload on thje website.

Allan,try a different computer or maybe even redownload the software,I tuned a car today with no laptop problems at all,but my software didnt come from the dowload on thje website.

I tried reloading the software. Will have to get Bison here to try on his laptop.

Allan G.

Issue resolved

For those whom are interested, I resolved my comunication issue. For some reason the association between the dash and VE/Spark table was lost. I was only able to get into these tables while the main dash was open.

So, I figured I would dump all the parameters in the Dash and reselect them one by one. So far its comunicating OK.

Allan G.

Glad to hear that. After reading this thread I decided to try my communications because my new laptop has to use usb... no problems.

I am not going to load 2.0 until I fire my new engine on the old software and make sure everything is ok, then I load 2.0

Tom

I was having issues as well . Blue error screen closing ccomm , when the main dash and another table were open. Running win7. I uninstalled all the software , and reinstalled under a different usb port. Havent had it happen since .