cant connect xfi to laptop help please

nonosv6

ok so im finally at the point where im ready to start the car....load c-comp software on laptop with vista ....driver for usb adapter....get online with computer,load startup program,try to start,turns over no start....ok turned key off,turn back on now wont connect with xfi.....try reinstalling usb adpt drivers , nope,try different adpt,no,try different computer running xp pro with serial port ,nope, try usb adpt still nothing......checked comports everythings matched up...tried changing comports still will not connect....called f.a.s.t. tried what they told me,which i told the tech on phone i had already done....but still nothing.........what is going on? anyone had an issue like this.....please help,need to get car running asap......any insite would be greatly appriciated.....yes the xfi has power to it ....thanks ,joel

Have you tried contacting the vendor you bought it from? Need a little more information. Is it an adaptor harness? Is it going into flash mode? Feel free to contact me at 321-863-2303

after contacting the vendor today( just didnt have the time before) which i should have done 1st we're thinking yes its in flash mode....maybe low batt voltage is causing this issue.....yes it works thru a caspers harness adpter.... now that im thinking about it , the car has an atr gnx dash with the a button to put stock computer into diag mode to flash the codes via check eng light, maybe causing this also poss? right now im just speculating cause im not at the car.....but my first thing im going to check is batt voltage and make sure its got a full charge....the k.i.s.s. method sometimes escapes ones brain after working on a project 2 months straight everyday afterwork....lol....joel

It's easy to verify if it's going into flash mode. With the key on, the power light will be lit and the crank light will be flashing on the XFI.

thats what its doing....power light lit green, crank flashing red with key on...i know it might flash but should stop after a few secs....thats the first thing that was thought to be (in flash mode)when i talked to vendor earlier....then we went over what could cause this....esp since i was able to get online with ecu on first attempt...but kinda hard to fully diag when im not with the car(i know)... i just posted here before talking to vendor cause it was late and to get some ideas ,and i was online.... will hopefully get to car tonight and get a charger on it and go from there.....