WOT correction OFF with Alky?

oh ... I really didn't think many of the faster cars used them. We run them on all our own junks. :cool:

inlet 69 134 run.jpg

this is on dual nozzles , big cas V1 ic 93 octane
timing 20.0,
inlet temp 68.9 sensor in plenum above #1 port

old B2b, correction on
plenum is an old open tall mease sheetmetal (no diverter plate)

Didn't Julio show a Mustang he was working on that had injection into each port in the manifold?

what about putting the nozzle further from the throttle body? like somthing over 1.5 feet out from the throttle? or in the case of a stock location ic, put it deep in to the end tank outlet...give it more time to atomize

Didn't Julio show a Mustang he was working on that had injection into each port in the manifold?
I remember the 03-04 Cobra intake with the 4 nozzles. It has a much better intake design, but it is almost 20 years newer. I think all of this was discussed in the "dual fed fuel rail" thread a few months ago.

what about putting the nozzle further from the throttle body? like somthing over 1.5 feet out from the throttle? or in the case of a stock location ic, put it deep in to the end tank outlet...give it more time to atomize

I thought about that too but it's more about the temperature versus pressure versus amount of alky being sprayed. If the charge becomes to cold at x* boost it will still puddle.

don,2% correction at temp below 70 degrees as discussed in this thread with no knock and no direct port on a 10 teen run.

The air or mixtue is heavily ladened with alky...therefore its heavier...g forces of forward momentum of a higher power setup causes the mixture to shift to ....the rear of the intake/plenum...g force of a forward moving objects is gonna due just that...no way around it. Bison mentioned the power range where this rears its ugly head. No way around it unless you have direct port IMO.

Sounds like one of my old plenum spacers would be the ticket for stopping that. I havent seen one in years since Kirban stopped selling them, tho.

I've been thinking about one of those too, used to still find pics of it on OGS site I think a while back. Never seen one in person though.

don,2% correction at temp below 70 degrees as discussed in this thread with no knock and no direct port on a 10 teen run.
Is that O2 reading and 2% correction for just #1 cylinder? Or, is the correction based on an O2 reading involving a mix of the exhaust from all the cylinders, which might dilute what is actually happening with #1 cylinder?
#1 cylinder is the furthest from the O2 sensor, so the chance of diluting the actual O2 reading for just #1 cylinder is very likely to happen.

Another thing I'm not too keen about with the datalog is the O2 correction oscillation which is also setting up an oscillation of the a/f ratio during a critical point in the rpm ramp up rate. You can even see where the oscillation causes a problem in the rpm ramp up curve. The O2 correction needs some fine tuning.

The correction is based off all cylinders don. Which doesn't really tell you where you are on #1. His charge air temp is high enough so I'd consider it fairly safe where he is. It was probably 75* the day he made that pass. Egt on each cyl will tell the tale. Eliminating the intercooler could prove worthwhile on an application where vaporizing (not atomizing) is important. The alky has to vaporize for proper distribution. Atomized is still a liquid and is seperate from the air.

Another thing I'm not too keen about with the datalog is the O2 correction oscillation which is also setting up an oscillation of the a/f ratio during a critical point in the rpm ramp up rate. You can even see where the oscillation causes a problem in the rpm ramp up curve. The O2 correction needs some fine tuning.
Its best to shut off the correction in those areas because there are other tables that will dump fuel based on map rise rate, and tps rise rate. Usually the time in sec during that transition is small anyway.

The correction is based off all cylinders don. Which doesn't really tell you where you are on #1. His charge air temp is high enough so I'd consider it fairly safe where he is. It was probably 75* the day he made that pass. Egt on each cyl will tell the tale. Eliminating the intercooler could prove worthwhile on an application where vaporizing (not atomizing) is important. The alky has to vaporize for proper distribution. Atomized is still a liquid and is seperate from the air.
I completely agree.

Its best to shut off the correction in those areas because there are other tables that will dump fuel based on map rise rate, and tps rise rate. Usually the time in sec during that transition is small anyway.
Again, I agree. This is a very good example of why I don't use O2 correction at all. Ever.

90 - 95% of the cars here are under 600 HP in street driving trim.

I'm not sure that many tracks are open with under 30 degree temps. either.

I guess if a lot of us had 600 HP street trim cars we would worry about a lot of things. :eek:

These threads should be prefaced with the important technical stuff before scaring us sheep. ;)