New Personal Best with Stock Longblock, Alky, and TA-49

I dont think you'll get into the 11's on a stock longblock and a 49 at 15-16 PSI boost with low timing(18-20).

124 MPH= 550 HP?

Stock longblock at 15-16 lbs = 280-300 HP?

The power difference is from running additional timing 21/23 and extra boost.

I agree with you 110%.. I wouldnt run it hard without octane..

Your the fastest 49 I know off using pump gas :D

Thanks, Julio!
FWIW, my white T went 11.7 @ ~115 back in the day with a 49 on pump gas. Of course, we didn't have ScanMasters back then and I learned how to change head gaskets.:eek:

Whoa, stock D5 going to 20psi, what?

30psi with 21 degrees and pump doesn't even seem possible on this platform.
Ever consider running more Octane to keep it safer, you know you're pushing it beyond the edge right?

Thank you, Julio.:cool:

GNVYUS - I appreciate your concern, but I've been at this since 1984. I'm comfortable on the edge.:tongue:

Seriously; I did need more octane. That's why I added the 2nd nozzle.

"It wouldn't...lol! I wouldn't run it that hard without meth or race gas. I'm not sure what you're asking, but it would probably run mid-upper 11's at ~115 or so on straight pump gas based on my last car."

Thats what I wanted to know, just needed an idea of how much HP it helps unlock..thanks

i ran up to 30 psi with duel m10's and pump gas on my 49 combo,its achievable.just a fantastic slip,congrats!

That's a fantastic time, congrats! Oh what I'd give for a 60' like yours:D. What's the field elevation for your track?

Thanks again, guys.

That's a fantastic time, congrats! Oh what I'd give for a 60' like yours:D. What's the field elevation for your track?

Just a bit lower than yours..... 60' above sea level :D

Thanks again, guys.

Just a bit lower than yours..... 60' above sea level :D

It's nice to see someone max out their parts, without having all "Cool guy parts" as Grumpy says. I see people with heads/cam not running your times:cool:. I'd like to tow mine down to sea level and see if I could touch the 10's:D

Whoa, stock D5 going to 20psi, what?

30psi with 21 degrees and pump doesn't even seem possible on this platform.
Ever consider running more Octane to keep it safer, you know you're pushing it beyond the edge right?

Good factory brakes mashed as hard as you can + emergency brake........20 psi launch with a D5 no problem:D

Yep.....nothing like a good e-brake launch to get your blood boiling! lol

Agreed!

But...... for the record..... these runs were all made launching off the footbrake alone. I can't "hold" 20# on the fb. I described my method a few posts earlier. Basically, I go WOT on the last yellow light and then release the fb when the car moves forward (usually right around 20#). I haven't done an e-brake launch on this car yet.