Windows 7 users-your start menu icons expand when open???

fbodlovr

1/4 Mile Freak
Im over at my father in laws, and he had windows 7 and so do I on my home computer. I downloaded and installed the supposedly last rtm build 16385 build. My icons down on the start menu, when I say.....open up IE, it kind of highlights whitish. His, when you open it up, it does the thing where it turns a whitish, AND it actually expands a little. Does anybody elses do this? Im wondering if microsoft added this at the last second or just what the deal is.

Thanks guys

I'm not sure I understand your question. But if you "hover" your mouse over the IE icon down on the lower left in the tray, and you have more than one instance running it will open little preview pages right above the tray so you can select which page you'd like to switch to. Is that what you mean?

I'm not sure I understand your question. But if you "hover" your mouse over the IE icon down on the lower left in the tray, and you have more than one instance running it will open little preview pages right above the tray so you can select which page you'd like to switch to. Is that what you mean?

I am glad they added this. I can have ten or so applications open at any given time. It helps me sort out the apps without having to tab through them.

No, I figured it out. If you have windows 7, try this. You will see what I meen. Right click on the start menu, go to properties. In the taskbar buttons dropdown, click on Never combine, click apply, and then ok. When you have something open, you will see that the button actually expands a little.