WOW.. Windows security alert virus

Theres one associated with facebook and a youtube vid right now. It appears as a friend sending you a vid and then asks you to update your flashplayer (which was BS since i just updated it about a day earlier). Its a bogus .exe. If you click ok you just f'd your computer up and it actually starts sending the vid to your other friends who will likely ok it. I know of at least 4 people this week that were dumb enough to ok it:eek:. thankfully i noticed it was bullchit and didnt ok it. If it says you need to download any .exe to run something go to the actual site and download it. If you go from a pop up you will get burned eventually. Everything that pops up looks real as could be but will infect your computer.

Theres one associated with facebook and a youtube vid right now. It appears as a friend sending you a vid and then asks you to update your flashplayer (which was BS since i just updated it about a day earlier). Its a bogus .exe. If you click ok you just f'd your computer up and it actually starts sending the vid to your other friends who will likely ok it. I know of at least 4 people this week that were dumb enough to ok it:eek:. thankfully i noticed it was bullchit and didnt ok it. If it says you need to download any .exe to run something go to the actual site and download it. If you go from a pop up you will get burned eventually. Everything that pops up looks real as could be but will infect your computer.

That's part of the problem of shared hosting with web sites. If a site you share your domain and server with gets compromised, your web site will more than likely spew all the infected files. The major exploits on the server side are forum software or anything that allows users to post content. The OS is not at fault here, mostly bad coding on the web site. Now imagine what happens when ad agency servers get compromised and thrown in the mix. Remember a few months ago when it ran through this site. That was an ad based attack, covers so much more area than hitting one server.

At least you were smart enough to know better:)

That's part of the problem of shared hosting with web sites. If a site you share your domain and server with gets compromised, your web site will more than likely spew all the infected files. The major exploits on the server side are forum software or anything that allows users to post content. The OS is not at fault here, mostly bad coding on the web site. Now imagine what happens when ad agency servers get compromised and thrown in the mix. Remember a few months ago when it ran through this site. That was an ad based attack, covers so much more area than hitting one server.

At least you were smart enough to know better:)

Im not that smart. I have somehow just contracted the windows security alert. Ill be taking care of this chit asap. Funny how i havent been on too many sites today.

Got rid of it. Had to run a program called rkill to stop all processes and allow me to run malwarebytes. Then ran the latest malwarebytes to clear out the bad files. 8 files were involved. Just move them to the startup sequence so they hit before the virus has a chance to stop anything from opening.