Will this be the first Drag Radial car to run 200 MPH??

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
This is Shannon Wren's old car that ran 7.67 @193mph with a single 106mm turbo, it was sold and has now been upgraded to twin GT47 88's... More pics~ http://www.bridgeracing.com/mills.htm

p20023d.jpg

p20023b.jpg

p20023f.jpg

Depends on how soon they get it out
They are running two of the turbos we will run on Michael's car.
They will go 200 as soon as they can get the power to the ground!

Question..

Im not in tune to the real big horsepower stuff but is that 2 injectors per cylinder on that beast? :eek:

EightSecV6 said:
I am WAY underpowered :(

I would have to get some information and see some pictures of it to make that call. Since I know that will never happen it is impossible to say.
:D :rolleyes: :eek:

John Wilde said:
Depends on how soon they get it out
They are running two of the turbos we will run on Michael's car.
They will go 200 as soon as they can get the power to the ground!

Yep I tend to think it may take a little while to figure out how to put all that power to the ground... If they bring it down to Bradenton that will help some considering that is the record setting track where Wolfe ran his 7.53..

Sounds like Michael made a pretty good choice considering the GT47 is a proven piece on the V6 and getting those other turbos to spool might have taken some "NAWS" :biggrin:

John Wilde said:
I would have to get some information and see some pictures of it to make that call. Since I know that will never happen it is impossible to say.
:D :rolleyes: :eek:

Took the words right out of my mouth :wink: :biggrin:

Dusty Bradford said:
Your not the only one Bill :( Looks like several guys with Pro-mod budgets are going radial racing.
I third that, and I love the radial racing, thats what I am doing with my car, 325's M/T :smile: Eitherway, putting all that power down with 2 88's is going to be whole difrnt story.

Quint said:
I third that, and I love the radial racing, thats what I am doing with my car, 325's M/T :smile: Eitherway, putting all that power down with 2 88's is going to be whole difrnt story.

1/8 mile there's not much advantage but they can put a lot of that power down on 1/4 mile. Even 1/8 mile these high hp cars make crazy mph and helps get them in the 5.0 range. I think that mustang is being built just for the outlaw races in Memphis and Orlando.

Is that BB&T's old car? If so, that thing has been through so many big $$ changes it is pathetic.. It should fly..

V6RACER said:
Is that BB&T's old car? If so, that thing has been through so many big $$ changes it is pathetic.. It should fly..

Yes originally it was owned by Dennis Bailey of BB&T (in 2004 they ran 7.70 @190mph at Orlando) and then it was sold to Shannon Wren who as I mentioned earlier ran 7.67 @193mph with it and now it's Jim Mill's turn to spend the big $$..... Oh BTW the current motor (427ci SBF) was built by BB&T so it's still their baby in a sense..

86brick said:
Yes originally it was owned by Dennis Bailey of BB&T (in 2004 they ran 7.70 @190mph at Orlando) and then it was sold to Shannon Wren who as I mentioned earlier ran 7.67 @193mph with it and now it's Jim Mill's turn to spend the big $$..... Oh BTW the current motor (427ci SBF) was built by BB&T so it's still their baby in a sense..

Steve,

What is Shannon building now?

John Wilde said:
Steve,

What is Shannon building now?

John, I seem to remember him saying he was building another Mustang, but as usual not many other details were mentioned.. I really don't see the rationale in selling this car to build another Mustang (maybe it is the newer body style like the BMR car)?? :confused:

This could be a mistake, the newer cars are not as aerodynamic!
Look at Greathouse's Mph and then Lynch's.
The motors are the same!

John Wilde said:
This could be a mistake, the newer cars are not as aerodynamic!
Look at Greathouse's Mph and then Lynch's.
The motors are the same!

Good point.. Who knows he might be building an '99-'04 Stang like Dees had or maybe that same car ended up in his hands (would not surprise me a bit)...

Really I think in terms of aerodynamics and suspension Bill has the right idea building the 3rd gen TA! :cool: