will not fit !!!!

VERYQUICK6

SO FAST YET SO BEAUTIFUL
i have a question, putting my car back together new turbonetics t70 ptrim with a 4 inch inlet and a pte front mount ... but there is no clearence for the mass air pipe and the up pipe .. they will hit , there is no room !!!! anyone out there had this problem if so please help thanks

Is it one of my setups??? http://www.buickgn.com/4inchinletpipes.htm

The big picture on this page of my site shows a 4" setup on Scott Atkinson's TR. Looks like he is running a 3" up pipe with a front mount. Sounds like you might need a plenum spacer or need to adjust the up pipe a bit for more clearance.

Originally posted by VERYQUICK6
i have a question, putting my car back together new turbonetics t70 ptrim with a 4 inch inlet and a pte front mount ... but there is no clearence for the mass air pipe and the up pipe .. they will hit , there is no room !!!! anyone out there had this problem if so please help thanks

You may need a plenum spacer, or like I did, a PTE plenum which is about 5/8 taller. Mine clears by like 1.8 inch. I also have an angled IAC boss. My turbo is a 4" inlet, 3" outlet and I have a 70mm throttle body

Couple pics at http://www.turbojim.com/photos3.htm

I had this problem as well on my setup. The 4 inch pipe did not allow the up pipe to come together properly. I have a stock location intercooler though, not a front mount.

If it's not a HUGE discrepancy you can do what I did. I ended up having to use a slightly longer Silicone hose to the throttle body and up-pipe, along with gently flattening the MAF pipe a very little bit on the top with a auto body mini-anvil on the inside of the MAF pipe, and tapping on it until enough space was made. The MAF pipe is aluminum so it was very easy to do. Don't just bang on it with a hammer - put something inside the pipe itself to limit the depth if you only need to make a very mild correction.

If it's really far off, a plenum spacer will definitely work. I have an extra phenolic resin spacer that I was thinking of using, but didn't want it to possibly upset the flow of the RJC power plate I have on my car by increasing plenum volume above it. The spacer I was going to use was 1/2 inch thick. I bought the spacer from a vendor years ago, and took it off when I got my RJC plate.

Hope this helps

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD

Originally posted by MaxVO2
I had this problem as well on my setup. The 4 inch pipe did not allow the up pipe to come together properly. I have a stock location intercooler though, not a front mount.

If it's not a HUGE discrepancy you can do what I did. I ended up having to use a slightly longer Silicone hose to the throttle body and up-pipe, along with gently flattening the MAF pipe a very little bit on the top with a auto body mini-anvil on the inside of the MAF pipe, and tapping on it until enough space was made. The MAF pipe is aluminum so it was very easy to do. Don't just bang on it with a hammer - put something inside the pipe itself to limit the depth if you only need to make a very mild correction.

If it's really far off, a plenum spacer will definitely work. I have an extra phenolic resin spacer that I was thinking of using, but didn't want it to possibly upset the flow of the RJC power plate I have on my car by increasing plenum volume above it. The spacer I was going to use was 1/2 inch thick. I bought the spacer from a vendor years ago, and took it off when I got my RJC plate.

Hope this helps

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD
are you willing to sell the spacer and if so can you send me some pics to boosted231v6@yahoo and thanks guys . and if anyone has some more info please let me know

Looks like some folks offered to sell you their extra spacers, in the parts wanted section.

If you still need one, PM me. Mine is 1/2 inch, but I don't have extra plenum gaskets to go with it. You can re-use the one on your car now, but will need an extra to seal the other side up.

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD

Most PTE intercoolers ive seen all used a long upper hose from the pipe to the throttle body