Feedback on clearance for racetronix fuel filter?

GoldHawg

I currently have the body off the frame and am installing my racetronix fuel lines and where I need the filter to be is on a metal gusset to the rear body connection (not sure what you call it). See pictures. My question is there enough room above it for the body to fit and give me access with a wrench to ever change the filter? I could mount it on the bottom, as I won't have any exhaust pipe on that side per the factory, but I'd like it on top if there is clearance and access. Maybe one of you guys has yours up on a lift and can give me feedback as to whether this will work. My only other option is to route the hose more circuitously so the filter could be mounted on the frame on the side, but I'd rather not do that if this will workl

Attachments

• IMG_3955.jpg
    IMG_3955.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3956.jpg
    IMG_3956.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 130
I don't think it will work the way you have it now, but it might if you point it towards the front and move it forward a few inch's, even then the parking brake cable will prevent easy access.

I'm thinking of shortening the supply line out of the filter to the fuel rail to allow me to put it on the frame (roughly where the stock location was prior to me boxing that part). I'm thinking its like any other PTFE fitting; youtube (@6:30) should show me the way. Anybody ever shorten a racetronix line?

Anybody ever shorten a racetronix line?
Yes, you just get another fitting, cut it, and re-terminate. They're a b$$%^ though.

And no, that spot won't work. There's not enough space there between that gusset and the body.
I just hung mine off the inside of the frame rail close to where the old filter went.

Yes, you just get another fitting, cut it, and re-terminate.
Can you not reuse the fitting? I was thinking you could if you don't damage during disconnection. I already ordered a replacement for that funky 135 deg supply one coming on the line from the tank; I hate to pay $15 more shipping from Racetronix for another fitting.

Can you not reuse the fitting? I was thinking you could if you don't damage during disconnection. I already ordered a replacement for that funky 135 deg supply one coming on the line from the tank; I hate to pay $15 more shipping from Racetronix for another fitting.
You can re-use the fitting.

What you often can't salvage is the ferrule. Which comes with the fitting.

I had to put a spacer in to give me clearance between the frame and the filter; I think this will work although I may end up sliding the filter toward the front if I have an issue w/e-brake cables.

Attachments

• IMG_3961.jpg
    IMG_3961.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 86
I had to put a spacer in to give me clearance between the frame and the filter; I think this will work although I may end up sliding the filter toward the front if I have an issue w/e-brake cables.
That should be good.