Why don't People Pay their bills!

gr8regal

I hate It when people, customers, friends and family don't pay their bills.

It eats my shorts that I have money problems because others will not pay for their service or care. It doesn't matter if its retail or wholesale. Everyone wants a break, a reduction or better yet FREE. It's only $20 dollars or 50 or whatever sometimes thousands.

I work with everyone and will write off some of the bill but they still will not even look at you in the face, they hide, or move away. Some times It just doesn't pay to be_________. I'm the whipping boy.

Or they just figure you have enough money you will not need it as much as I do. Crap crap Crap.

Even large companies don't pay on time, 6 months to a year.

Crap, crap, crap ----- Just venting!!!!

Anyone else having - problems receiving money for their hard earned work??

I've used bill collectors and an attorney but no luck- cann't bleed a turnip.

Ya but you can't do that with big company.I deal with Fed and Provicial and they want 60 to 90 day terms.Hold on here (thinking to my self) I'm the small company here.One time it took 14 month to get my money from a police asoc for work that I did.7 letters and no resopnse.So I repoed the parts and got a call a week later and they had the money up front.

Funny how some people have convenient memory function. They remember to party but they forget to pay their bills. :rolleyes:

I'm a health care provider. Chiropractic Doctor.
You would be surprised how many people forget there money, check or insurance card, then they never pay. When some one is in pain I help them get out of pain then they run without paying. I love helping people with out drugs but I don't understand why people act like that. If you are so poor that you can't pay I would treat you for free, or barter-- just tell the truth.

Originally posted by gr8regal
I'm a health care provider. Chiropractic Doctor.
You would be surprised how many people forget there money, check or insurance card, then they never pay. When some one is in pain I help them get out of pain then they run without paying. I love helping people with out drugs but I don't understand why people act like that. If you are so poor that you can't pay I would treat you for free, or barter-- just tell the truth.

Unfortunately my guess would be that you are in an industry with one of the largest if not largest bad debts expense for past due/uncollectable accounts. I am sure you are collecting co-pays up front etc. With Chiropractic I am sure you have a fair amount of cash customer base also if there is not any ins coverage. It is a dilemna for sure to "treat" people now and expect them to pay on a timely basis later. Maybe they are just too much in pain to reach for thier wallet. :rolleyes: :D

There are a LOT of deadbeats out there.... We should whip up a special "adjustment" for them. :eek:

Greetings from Davenport Iowa... home of the first chiropractic adjustment...

BOY HAS THE HEALTH FEILD CHANGED IN THE LAST 15 YEARS!

I spent 14 years in college to get a doctorate and the system changes. Don't it figure.

Made more money working for Nissan.

But Now I can save some people, sometimes from themselves.

I'll just keep on adjusting until everything is right.

To start off with, this doesn't have ANYTHING to do with gr8regal or his field. But I'm a guy on the other end. I was having problems with my air conditioning at home in the dead of this past summer's heat and needed it worked on. Now, I have been ripped off more than once by heat and air guys in the past so I called a company owned by a guy that I was aquainted with in high school, hoping I could trust them to do me right. To make a long story short, after 2 visits and a bill of about $650 it still did the same exact thing. The parts they replaced and work they did obviously weren't the problem. When I called them to let them know it was STILL doing the same thing, they said they wouldn't come out again until I paid the bill. WHAT?!! Are you kiddin' me? You want me to pay for $650 of nothing? I told them they were not getting any money from me until it's fixed. They still refused to come out. You know, we tried to pay the technician on the first visit and he wouldn't take it, saying they would bill us later but he couldn't tell us exactly how much it would be. He also didn't leave the old parts like he said he would, which made me suspicious right off the bat. I'm sure glad they don't have any of my money. Now, 6 months or so later it's still not fixed and we're still in a stand off. We are raising 4 kids on a limited income and my wife is going to school so there's NO way I'm throwing $650 to the wind. Through all of this I've studied the basics of air conditioning to arm myself with knowledge and it ain't rocket science, folks. I have learned there are a LOT of incompetent, undertrained, and dishonest technicians out there in the merky waters of the heat and air field. Somewhere there's an honest guy. I just have to find him. Even then, I'll fix it on my own until I come to something I can't handle. Then I'll be glad to pay the honest guy for his knowledge! I, too, just had to vent this.

Every profession seems to has those incompentent people that you have to watch, it doesn't matter what you do their is someone out there that is without a clue. Some of the worse payers are those with money(squeeky tight) sometimes its only $20 dollars---- Just pay the bill.

Any body have a problem collecting??

I seen on TV that Jesse James the motorcycle builder in California had Pay Up Sucker tattooed to the palm of his hand. (ouch).