Why do we put up with 1 to 2 word spammers?

BlackMetal

"Certain people" around here don't have enough brain cells to post more than 2 words in their replies and that usually isn't tolerated at 99% of online forums. Every other forum I visit has a warning/infraction system for that type of thing. Sure every once in a while we all post a brief reply to something, but there are people here with thousands of posts that amount to nothing more than "very nice" and "cool". I know I'm not the only person who has called "this guy" out as his posts just get more and more pointless.

I'm sure the main admins don't have the time to keep up with this sort of thing which is why you have the ability to assign moderators to the sub-forums.

People like that aren't contributing anything useful to our community here. But, until then, I will just utilize the Ignore feature of the Control Panel, so I can at least stop reading his posts.

There are acceptable situations like "TTT" for bumping a special thread or "PM sent" in the Marketplace forums, but I'm referring to people who enter active discussion threads and contribute NOTHING.

It gets irritating after awhile doesnt it? I see some members, cough called one out for it cough, and he has 7000 posts and its all gibberish here.

oH WAIT he is reading this thread right now

BW

BRYAN, you must me talking about me. i dont need to type long ass paragraphs to get my point across. There is threads where i will type alot and other where i wont. most the time im just agree with what other people have posted to let the poster know my opinion on it as well but they are not 1 or two words. most the time i post atleast a sentence. There is nothing wrong with people posting one or 2 words. when someone asks what cam should they run its as simple as saying 206/206 or whatever thats straight to the point. or a video is posted it doesnt require a long post either. everyone has there thing. Just like the top poster of this board has about 3,000 :) and bumps. most the posts on this board are short.

LOL!!! You have got too be posting close to 100 a day. 3 or 4 months ago you were at 2000 now your almost hitting 4000. Are you working with 5 computers at once? :biggrin: You must have the new DSL 1,000,000,000. :tongue:

I think Brent Schwalm had it right back in october 2007 and you started the thread http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/230012-post-whore-does-again.html

90% of your posts suck and have no content. I only happen to agree with BlackMetal and your the first one i thought of.

Anyone here can go back thru your posts and see what i am talking about, you post alot of gibberish.
BW :smile:

I think Brent Schwalm had it right back in october 2007 and you started the thread http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/230012-post-whore-does-again.html

90% of your posts suck and have no content. I only happen to agree with BlackMetal and your the first one i thought of.

Anyone here can go back thru your posts and see what i am talking about, you post alot of gibberish.
BW :smile:

Brent, is in the southwest forum and yes my post in that section have alot of gibberish. We in the southwest fourm post alot of usless crap just to have fun and bs. Thats what our section is for. For us to BS in. You can go threw my post and yes there is alot of crap but there is also alot of good info. When i was deployed over seas i had to do something to keep me sain and posting was one of those things. you can search anyones name on this board and find alot of short posts. I have no hard feellings but some posts dont need long answers/ explanations. i just like to cruise this board and dont have time to type long ass paragraphs.

o, and brents post was a JOKE. he wasn't serious. its all in fun.

I dont read your posts in that section, i just know from reading your posts everywhere else that they are short and meaningless.

In about a year your will have over 10,000 posts and nobody will know who you are.....

I dont want to come across as being a dick, but reading posts (yours included)
+1, welcome, idiot, cool, awesome, neat, haha, posting that kind of stuff should be cured when everyone should take the time to actually post something other than the above.
Personally if you have the energy to post, might as well take the time to make it worth reading....

BW:smile:

i agree with that :D . i guess it gets kinda old hearing the same questions all the time. :mad: but i know we all where there at one point in time. its all good. i can understand what you guys are saying. :cool:

its so nice to have a forum with all this info and people with so much knowledge. it would help alot if people would use the search key. :eek:

Whiners should not be able to post no matter how long or short their whine is....:rolleyes: Why would someone care about something so trival anyway?

fail.jpg