Why are GN's so quick?

Cablebandit said:
I went to Dallas last year and saw two guys...rosewood t and a black gn.Not Rob/blaine...I THINK the guys names were matt/doug. The rosewood was totin the tires like 1.4ish 60' and I think 7.2-4 1/8 Other guy had a chevy motor in the buick if I remember correctly. Nice guys though...i talked their ears off :) Lemme know if you guys get a few TBs out...i cant run at dallas cause of no cage in a vert but i'd come spectate!!!!

Yea, Doug's car is running mid 6's now (GNXIS on this site) , and Rob's car runs mid 6's to I believe (gn-t-type on this site) Then theres Blane not sure of his last name and Gene Cassidy both have GNs that have made 5 sec passes up there I believe. My brother has the White ttype that you might have seen there too a time or two. Hes bttwracing86t on SCF hes been laying low but about ready to strike with his own mid to low 7 sec pass. Hush hush though. ;)

Sorry to high jack the thread my bad :p

Awesome!! I'm glad Doug stuck with it as he seemed a little discouraged with the TB the day i was there. Now that sounds like a group I'd like to see run!!! I only met ROb/blaine once like 3 years ago at SDR but were also very nice guys. Definitely let me know when you guys run again. Check out my post in the general section about the combo et/hp and let me know what you think. I need some educated guesses.

There's another sleeper in the works as well.......I'm gathering goodies for the ol gray T. I like the fact that people don't give it a second look because it looks like a reg ol gray Regal.....only badges are the T emblems on the 1/4 panels. No 3.8 SFI TURBO anywhere.....gotta keep up the stealth appearance...... :biggrin:

V8'sHAHA.......heh, dropped my heads off with Coupe Performance (Scott) yesterday. He's gonna wave his magic grinder over them and see what improvements he can make. Prolly gonna take ol gray to SE Turbo in the next week or two and get a few minor fixes done......then the new goodies start going on.... :cool:

Does anybody have a guess as to what hp/tq numbers I would be making @ 15 psi with my setup. Looking to get alky in the future. :D

Slo86GN said:
There's another sleeper in the works as well.......I'm gathering goodies for the ol gray T. I like the fact that people don't give it a second look because it looks like a reg ol gray Regal.....only badges are the T emblems on the 1/4 panels. No 3.8 SFI TURBO anywhere.....gotta keep up the stealth appearance...... :biggrin:

V8'sHAHA.......heh, dropped my heads off with Coupe Performance (Scott) yesterday. He's gonna wave his magic grinder over them and see what improvements he can make. Prolly gonna take ol gray to SE Turbo in the next week or two and get a few minor fixes done......then the new goodies start going on.... :cool:

Cool, man gotta let me know how they turn out. I just got back from cecil dragway and ran old shamu up there. She did awsome. I ran her on the 17 inch radials kuhmo 712's. First run was a 13.6@ 103 with 14 psi. Second run turn it up to 17 psi and ran a 13.3 @106 and the last one I turned it up to 21psi and ran a 12.88 @ 107 all with these ****ty ass tires. Best 60 I could get was a 2.0x, There are some quick cars there but I beat up on all mine :cool: I love this car. Next is some 009's, a PTE intercooler, and some MT slicks on some T-type wheels. I think I can reach into the 11's with that. I mean I pull easy 1.6 sixtys back home at dallas and this place is like 350 ft above see level! Where you at now anyways?

Back home in GA for now. I'm just waiting for my field service manager to call or email me and say "go to such and such place, here's the maintenance contract, call me if you have any problems". Sounds like the ol Shamu car was running pretty decent. Bet you are glad you decided to take her with ya huh? ;) . I would definitely add the injectors to the mix......gotta have fuel to feed that sucker at higher boost levels. I've been goofiing around with mine a little.....gotta get my power plate installed soon. I may take it to the local 1/8 track next Friday and see what it'll do as is. After that, the fun begins with the new goodies... :biggrin:

Geoff87 said:
"This is the area under the power curve throughout a given rpm band.* Best case would be to have the most area under the curve to provide the best acceleration."

Simply put, the "Area under curve" allows the engine to do more "work" (i.e. accelerating the mass of the vehicle) at every rpm point. :)

So not just the "peak" (HP & Torque) numbers are important... Also important is how much of both you are making along the way..... :D

GENIUS, I have tried to explain the same thing to some import friends and they don't get it. Yeah you have more power to weight, big deal, you're not making 400 ft lbs off idle, that's why your power to weight advantage leaves you about 2 carlengths DOWN at the 60' mark, haha. These things are so damn EASY to drive fast too. Stout as hell auto tranny and dragracing suspension, done deal. Mat it and hang on. I would put my car up against an average Joe in a Viper, because you know all they gotta do is spin the tires or botch one shift, and they're watching taillights through the 8th mile.

And for the ease of upgrading and the stealth capability, it's unlike any car I have ever experienced. When an NA LS1 Camaro is running low 12s, you know it's not a stocker typically. But a car like 2QUIK6 running 11s, you're typically not gonna know that at a stoplight drag (until you're a spec in the rearview, haha).

This is my first turbo car and it FEELS fast. It shoves me back in the seat. I've had a big block Charger ,455 Cutlass, Z-28 etc. They didn't have the same feeling. It's like you'd look down at the speedometer and be like, Damn am I really going that fast. My hotair GN FEELS like it's got 375 at the flywheel. But I know it doesn't.

jhef83 said:
It's like you'd look down at the speedometer and be like, Damn am I really going that fast.
In the GN you look down after taking off and its already buried at 85 :D

Weazel said:
But a car like 2QUIK6 running 11s, you're typically not gonna know that at a stoplight drag (until you're a spec in the rearview, haha).
Well, after 14 years of the "stock" appearing outside, I just recently took the stock GN rims off so I don't look stock anymore at the stop light :( But MT ET Streets on the stock rims kinda gave it away :D

Robbie-87plz said:
Exactly...I saw somewhere...Lord Vader, your car is ready.
Got a kick outta that thing.

yeah...it was one of the ads for the Impala SS when it first cam out in '94 :biggrin:

Impala SS...black panther...later nuetered (sp?) by GM into a a poodle/kitten hybrid...it's a shame that the manufacturers can't think up new names, they have to drag the old ones in the dirt...gto, maurader almost, charger, etc come to think of it, GM should have aligned the new impala name with buick's la crosse and named it "la femme" :eek:

Impala SS...black panther...later nuetered (sp?) by GM into a a poodle/kitten hybrid...it's a shame that the manufacturers can't think up new names, they have to drag the old ones in the dirt...gto, maurader almost, charger, etc come to think of it, GM should have aligned the new impala name with buick's la crosse and named it "la femme" :eek:

The new Impala is faster than the 94-96...