Which state is the fastest

our times at bg--

john gallina--8.07@168 with back up trans and converter

paul--9.7?@136--white t type

me--9.73@141---stock block :eek:

Originally posted by azgn
well, both Paul's car and John started out in AZ:D
woody you know im in az so often. i think of my self as a az. kinda guy. and with out my az. engine builder i would never go that fast! :D

I'm kind of embarassed. 12.91@110.3mph in a hotair street tire with a bad exhaust leak and plugged catalytic convertor running 10psi boost for most of the run. I went through the traps at 8psi but it did hold at 18psi for a few seconds. Had potential but I guess it's still a 12.9 car for now.

Originally posted by cool 84
I'm kind of embarassed. 12.91@110.3mph in a hotair street tire with a bad exhaust leak and plugged catalytic convertor running 10psi boost for most of the run. I went through the traps at 8psi but it did hold at 18psi for a few seconds. Had potential but I guess it's still a 12.9 car for now.
hey--12.9 will beat 85% of most cars and 99.9% of all the honda's! no shame there---

just bugging you a little Len!

You are an honorary AZ guy!

(and we are all desert rats!):D

I'm here with an 8.57. But I'm not the fastest in Florida. We currently have five 8 second Buicks that I know of with Dave Wicks being the fastest with an 8.4 with his little 215 ci engine.

Great old thread! Lots of familiar names from Florida. Around this time I remember Cal's car being the only V-6 in the World Street Nationals.

Ricardo Lacosta's car was flying back then and his car was on the rear bumper more often than not.

Dave Wicks was doing some crazy stuff with only twin 38's, I know he's been involved in some of the fastest car's out there even today.

Florida was very stout back then, wonder how it stands (record wise) today?

Wow. An oldie but a goodie. The funny thing is, I get asked all the time by newbies if I ever owned a turbo Buick.
I think Florida is still holding it's own. There are three seven second TSO cars along with the quickest TSM car. I know there are a bunch of 9 second cars, but they're hard to keep track of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Here in Orlando, 6.31 in the 1/8 in NC for THS Nats, which is about a high 9 in the 1/4.

My last full 1/4 mile pass was a 10.2 @ 124, letting off after the 1000'. And I know in the central Florida area there a few guys that are faster than me.

9.48 @ 142.01 at the 2015 Buick GS Nationals

Claude. ;)
DSCN4763.JPG