Where are the twins?

Car is going to the new fab shop in the morning. Shouldn't take too long from there. These guys are professional!

Here's an update for you.

I went by the shop today where the "kit" (And I use that term oh so loosely, as you'll soon find out) and test car are and found out that the shop owner, TurboBuick.Com member TurboKid, had been messing around with the kit some more since I had left the car there last week.

Long story short, NOTHING on this kit fits. The downpipe WILL NOT bolt up to even the passenger side turbo with the driver side not attached.. its not even close. If all this stuff was a a fraction off and just took some massaging, it would be no big deal but this whole thing is like someone (Read Waylon Adkins @ Burhead) just welded a bunch of tubes together and sent it out.

It was NEVER test fit on a car. It was not built on a car as I was told it would be. Essentially, this "kit" is 100% useless and garbage as far as Im concerned.

For the full story on this, be sure to check out this thread:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/feedback/238350-burhead-headers.html

At this point, Im probably going to just toss this whole kit and start over from scratch. I dont see this thing ever fitting, even with some serious massaging.

Here's an update for you.

I went by the shop today where the "kit" ...and test car are and found out

that the shop owner, TurboBuick.Com member TurboKid, had been messing

around with the kit some more since I had left the car there last week.

It was NEVER test fit on a car. It was not built on a car as I was told it would be. Essentially, this "kit" is 100% useless and garbage as far as Im concerned.

At this point, Im probably going to just toss this whole kit and start over from scratch. I dont see this thing ever fitting, even with some serious massaging.

If "TURBOKID", aka Richie Kibler, can't make it work,

it really must be some totally FUBAR'd collection of

mangled "drunk-monkey" pieces of skanky metal scrap. :eek:

If they are total junk for a G-body, would you sell them to me? I don't have a G-body and it would be an easier starting point than from scratch potentially.

If they are total junk for a G-body, would you sell them to me? I don't have a G-body and it would be an easier starting point than from scratch potentially.

Talk to Shane.. We're taking the test vehicle to the fab shop here in a couple of hours and Im going to talk to them and see if they want to try to salvage any of this crap. I doubt they are going to want to so Shane will probably part with it.

Talk to Shane.. We're taking the test vehicle to the fab shop here in a couple of hours and Im going to talk to them and see if they want to try to salvage any of this crap. I doubt they are going to want to so Shane will probably part with it.

So it appears that the kit wont be on the market for another year or so.

Thats too bad. Wouldn't it have made more sense to build the kit on a car as you went along to see what if any clearance issues would arise? Seems like a lot of wasted time and money for you guys. Well keep up the good work, im sure once its done it will be worth it.

I guess if it was an easy project there would be several kits available from different vendors. Once you figure out all the clearence issues you will have the market cornered.

The kit was SUPPOSED to be built on a car. That's what we were told all along anyway.

It won't be another year. We have a REAL fab shop working on it nowcand these guys get stuff done. They're almost finished with the 1 3/4 headers and the twin kit is up after that. The test car has already been delivered.

The kit was SUPPOSED to be built on a car. That's what we were told all along anyway.

It won't be another year. We have a REAL fab shop working on it nowcand these guys get stuff done. They're almost finished with the 1 3/4 headers and the twin kit is up after that. The test car has already been delivered.

So your saying I'll be able to buy a kit before spring??

The Kit will be done by then but I don't know if we can have them manufactured that fast or not. We are working on setting that up so.... We will keep everyone up to date!

No, the flanges are different.... Depending on our manufactor choice we may be able to accomodate to special request like that....

It is coming, I hate to sound like a broken record but they are working on it...