When's our next TB cruise?

All:
Mike Barnard (Spoolfool2) and myself will leave from his house and meet you guys at Rafael's Round Table Pizza. Hope to see everybody there.

See Everyone Next Time..

Was driving the car on the 22 freeway yesterday (about 5 miles from home) cruising about 70 mph all of a sudden the car started to pop and miss and stumble

Temp was fine, oil pressure was fine, fuel level was fine, nothing obvious I could see so I dropped it down a gear to keep the rpms up and proceeded to limp it along to get as close to home as possible incase it died on me

I managed to do the put it in neutral / put it in drive / keep the rpms up dance all the way home and got the car back into my driveway (still popping & missing)

Lin heard me pull into the driveway and came out to see what was going on so I had her grab the ramps so I could elevate the front end and as soon as I took my foot off the gas, the rpms dropped and it died

No leaks, no obvious grounded wires, no parts hanging

Pulled the plugs (all black & sooty - rich), pulled the cam sensor cap to check for a loose screw or broken tab

Checked the ESC module connection, checked the plug wires, checked the coil pack & ignition module, checked the fuel injector harness connection, checked the crank sensor, fuel pressure gauge on rail was 42 psi (line on)

I cleaned, re-gapped and re-installed the plugs

Started it up and it went back to the sputter & pop routine

I've never changed out the coil or ignition module since i've had the car (if it ain't broke don't fix it) and based upon how suddenly the symptoms cam on (while cruising smoothly) it seems like an electrical issue to me

Since I drive the car daily my problems are not from the car sitting for weeks or months at a time, so I will look more into it this afternoon when I get back from helping a family friend (who is moving) move some heavy furniture.

At the birthday party I went to last night, when this friend heard that my car was acting up and that I would not be able to go on todays cruise, he decided to move up the time for me to help him move from 3:00 this afternoon until noon

So not only do I not get to work on my car until late this afternoon, but I get to miss out on another GN cruise, and hanging with the Homies down at Mr. Ralphs Den of Sin & Family Pizzaria

Enjoy the day everyone

I'll catch everyone next time

Was driving the car on the 22 freeway yesterday (about 5 miles from home) cruising about 70 mph all of a sudden the car started to pop and miss and stumble

Temp was fine, oil pressure was fine, fuel level was fine, nothing obvious I could see so I dropped it down a gear to keep the rpms up and proceeded to limp it along to get as close to home as possible incase it died on me

I managed to do the put it in neutral / put it in drive / keep the rpms up dance all the way home and got the car back into my driveway (still popping & missing)

Lin heard me pull into the driveway and came out to see what was going on so I had her grab the ramps so I could elevate the front end and as soon as I took my foot off the gas, the rpms dropped and it died

No leaks, no obvious grounded wires, no parts hanging

Pulled the plugs (all black & sooty - rich), pulled the cam sensor cap to check for a loose screw or broken tab

Checked the ESC module connection, checked the plug wires, checked the coil pack & ignition module, checked the fuel injector harness connection, checked the crank sensor, fuel pressure gauge on rail was 42 psi (line on)

I cleaned, re-gapped and re-installed the plugs

Started it up and it went back to the sputter & pop routine

I've never changed out the coil or ignition module since i've had the car (if it ain't broke don't fix it) and based upon how suddenly the symptoms cam on (while cruising smoothly) it seems like an electrical issue to me

Since I drive the car daily my problems are not from the car sitting for weeks or months at a time, so I will look more into it this afternoon when I get back from helping a family friend (who is moving) move some heavy furniture.

At the birthday party I went to last night, when this friend heard that my car was acting up and that I would not be able to go on todays cruise, he decided to move up the time for me to help him move from 3:00 this afternoon until noon

So not only do I not get to work on my car until late this afternoon, but I get to miss out on another GN cruise, and hanging with the Homies down at Mr. Ralphs Den of Sin & Family Pizzaria

Enjoy the day everyone

I'll catch everyone next time

RAY that sucks man! I hate to hear stories like this one. I wish I was the man and could help you figure it out, but I am no were near capable. I can barly get my head on straight these days. Ive spent all my money and time fixing what I've got, so dont feel too bad. I am forced to miss a cruz as well. Hopfully I can make a showing @ the westcoast nationals and get my 10 second time slip finally. Take it easy ray, late.

XxDarkSidexX

Ray:
Sorry to hear, was looking for you guys. Might want to check out the TPS.

sounds like a coil pack or mod.. if you haven't changed it, i think i would start there first.. remember what mine was doing at the track, it sounds almost the same.. sorry you didn't make it down...

Some Pix Of The Cruise

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

Andrews Car
IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg