V6RACER

The true 8 Second 109!
First TSM win at BG.

I have to give BIG thanks the following for making this all come together:
-Cal and Holly Hartline, Hartline Performance, Great tuning advice and parts
-Don Cruz, Great engine that I have beat on for almost two years
-Dusty Bradford, Twisted 6 Performance, The best convertors
-Paul Ferry, HRPartsNStuff, The best suspension parts
-My brother Josh for driving an hour each way to help me test new stuff every week
-Randy Alexander/Chris Campbell “Cause that’s the way we roll”
-Dick and Julie Kereny The most gracious racing couple out there
-Roy and Laz TSM gurus ‘nuff said
-Ricky Mixon for holding the beer and towing the car at BG every year.
-And lastly my wife Misty for putting up with long nights under the hood and grease stains in the house..lol

In the past few months I have spent many hours testing new things and making passes at the local track to see what works and what doesn’t. I tested the new boost controller that I got from Hartline Performance and everything was working great. “No more wheelies” I left for BG Sunday morning 5/11 with a good feeling that the car was ready for action. When I unloaded the car I found a chunk missing in the new slicks and was sick. I couldn’t run them at those speeds so I called Randy Alexander to bring a new set with him and got them mounted at BG. I’m ready..

I knew what the car was capable of and knew that if the track was there I would be in the top 4 qualifiers. I didn’t plan on running the car until qualifying on Friday but Don Cruz kept on telling me I needed to make sure the car was ready. After a couple hours of smack talk on Wednesday I made one pass and went 9.55 @ 142. When I got back to the tent, I smirked at Don and said, “Is that good enough?” He agreed and the car sat until first round qualifying on Friday.

Friday, the stars aligned and the car went 9.405 @ 145.36 in first round of qualifying. Everything worked perfectly. The front tires never lifted more than 6” and it went straight as an arrow. The AMS500 was worth every penny. This was my new personal best and it couldn’t have happened at a better time. Just wished I had a chance to try to redeem myself with Phil without the wheelies and wild rides.

First round: I had a broke bye as Scott Simpson had an ignition box failure. I left with a .089 light and ran it through the 330’ then shut it down. Track was hooking good.

Second round: I had to run the Tim LeMay (Indiana Banana). While sitting in the staging lanes I noticed a long time friend :rolleyes: Laz working on Tim’s tune up. I was yelling at Laz not to help the competition but he continued anyway. I went in knowing that I had him covered but didn’t want to red light. Tim cut an awesome light .017 and ran a new best 9.89 @ 137.27 to my .163 r/t 9.55 @ 138.94 I caught him by half track and lifted as not to run the car too hard before the next few rounds.

Third Round: I had a bye because I was the #2 qualifier.

Fourth Round: I had to run Walt Judy. I have known Walt for a long time and knew that he wasn’t going to cut me any slack on the tree or down the track. I had a great reaction time .005 to his .094. That was too close to a red light for my comfort. I went 9.61 @ 140.46 to Walt’s 9.96 @ 137.13. I had to run the car hard but was able to ease off by the end of the track to save it for the Finals.

Finals: I meet up with my good friend, engine builder, and fellow smack talker Don Cruz “Missle”… This match up had been in my mind all week as I knew he was running very close to my time and was being very conservative with his tune. We talked earlier in the week about being in the finals together and after the qualifying rounds we knew it was a good possibility that we could get there. We talked smack to each other all day. I kept putting my time slips after each round in front of him showing him the reaction times and trying to get him worked up. I told him I plenty of power to cover him lol. We got to the staging lanes and shook hands and even gave each other a hug. We were both happy to be in the finals together. We lined up and did our burnouts. We staged without any staging games. We both went up on the two steps about the same time and the lights came down. I left and didn’t see him beside me I was digging and shifting until about half track then I could see his bumper coming closer. Right as I shifted to third my car started popping and he started gaining. All the way to the end we crossed the line and I didn’t know if I won or if he passed me until I got the time slip. I had a .035 r/t to his .304 r/t. I ran a slower 9.61 @ 141.49 to his 9.43 @ 144.38 but with the reaction time I had won by only .0919 seconds. It was definitely a day to remember.

Both cars in the finals are tuned by Cal @ Hartline Performance, both engines were built by Don Cruz, and both had PTC convertors from Dusty @ Twisted 6Performance. I couldn’t ask for any better support than what I get from these guys. They have played a major part in making my car run the way it does.

Thank you to the sponsors that put up the $$ for contingency
Hartline Performance Cash :biggrin:
HRPartsNStuff Gift certificate
Precision Turbo Gift certificate and T-shirt
GSCA ?
TSM Series ?

Thanks again for all the support. See you in Norwalk.

First TSM win at BG.

-My brother Josh for driving an hour each way to help me test new stuff every week
-And lastly my wife Misty for putting up with long nights under the hood and grease stains in the house..lol

In the past few months I have spent many hours testing new things and making passes at the local track to see what works and what doesn’t. I tested the new boost controller that I got from Hartline Performance and everything was working great. “No more wheelies” I left for BG Sunday morning 5/11 with a good feeling that the car was ready for action. When I unloaded the car I found a chunk missing in the new slicks and was sick. I couldn’t run them at those speeds so I called Randy Alexander to bring a new set with him and got them mounted at BG. I’m ready..

I knew what the car was capable of and knew that if the track was there I would be in the top 4 qualifiers. I didn’t plan on running the car until qualifying on Friday but Don Cruz kept on telling me I needed to make sure the car was ready. After a couple hours of smack talk on Wednesday I made one pass and went 9.55 @ 142. When I got back to the tent, I smirked at Don and said, “Is that good enough?” He agreed and the car sat until first round qualifying on Friday.

Friday, the stars aligned and the car went 9.405 @ 145.36 in first round of qualifying. Everything worked perfectly. The front tires never lifted more than 6” and it went straight as an arrow. The AMS500 was worth every penny. This was my new personal best and it couldn’t have happened at a better time. Just wished I had a chance to try to redeem myself with Phil without the wheelies and wild rides.

First round: I had a broke bye as Scott Simpson had an ignition box failure. I left with a .089 light and ran it through the 330’ then shut it down. Track was hooking good.

Second round: I had to run the Tim LeMay (Indiana Banana). While sitting in the staging lanes I noticed a long time friend :rolleyes: Laz working on Tim’s tune up. I was yelling at Laz not to help the competition but he continued anyway. I went in knowing that I had him covered but didn’t want to red light. Tim cut an awesome light .017 and ran a new best 9.89 @ 137.27 to my .163 r/t 9.55 @ 138.94 I caught him by half track and lifted as not to run the car too hard before the next few rounds.

Fourth Round: I had to run Walt Judy. I have known Walt for a long time and knew that he wasn’t going to cut me any slack on the tree or down the track. I had a great reaction time .005 to his .094. That was too close to a red light for my comfort. I went 9.61 @ 140.46 to Walt’s 9.96 @ 137.13. I had to run the car hard but was able to ease off by the end of the track to save it for the Finals.

Finals: I meet up with my good friend, engine builder, and fellow smack talker Don Cruz “Missle”… This match up had been in my mind all week as I knew he was running very close to my time and was being very conservative with his tune. We talked earlier in the week about being in the finals together and after the qualifying rounds we knew it was a good possibility that we could get there. We talked smack to each other all day. I kept putting my time slips after each round in front of him showing him the reaction times and trying to get him worked up. I told him I plenty of power to cover him lol. We got to the staging lanes and shook hands and even gave each other a hug. We were both happy to be in the finals together. We lined up and did our burnouts. We staged without any staging games. We both went up on the two steps about the same time and the lights came down. I left and didn’t see him beside me I was digging and shifting until about half track then I could see his bumper coming closer. Right as I shifted to third my car started popping and he started gaining. All the way to the end we crossed the line and I didn’t know if I won or if he passed me until I got the time slip. I had a .035 r/t to his .304 r/t. I ran a slower 9.61 @ 141.49 to his 9.43 @ 144.38 but with the reaction time I had won by only .0919 seconds. It was definitely a day to remember.

Both cars in the finals are tuned by Cal @ Hartline Performance, both engines were built by Don Cruz, and both had PTC convertors from Dusty @ Twisted 6Performance. I couldn’t ask for any better support than what I get from these guys. They have played a major part in making my car run the way it does.

GSCA ?
TSM Series ?

TSM & TSO are both sponsored by T6P & TurboBuick.com!!! We are the title sponsors for both classes!

CONGRATS JASON!!!!

TSM & TSO are both sponsored by T6P & TurboBuick.com!!! We are the title sponsors for both classes!

CONGRATS JASON!!!!

Thank you Shane. I didn't know who all to thank as I haven't heard anything about the TSM sponsorships except for what I was given after the race from Holly and Paul. Maybe we will have some updated info soon.

Thank you Shane. I didn't know who all to thank as I haven't heard anything about the TSM sponsorships except for what I was given after the race from Holly and Paul. Maybe we will have some updated info soon.

It was supposed to be announced at the event, oh well...

Congrats again Jason!

Heck, I was tied down in the car with a helmet on, couldn't hear all that lol..

Congrats Jason,But weres my thanks for keeping Misty busy while your racing?:eek: :D

Good job Jason. Thought you said you would not be in Norwalk?
Take care, Kip

congrats Jason!!! you & Don both are true assets to the Buick community, always willing to help others.

big congrats jason and thanks for all your help bud just put my engine back in last night i lifted the head but fixed the problem with some head clamps norwalk here we come hope to see you there bud and again and thanks and great job driving

Your welcome !!

First TSM win at BG.

GSCA ?
TSM Series ?

Great job and had a ton of fun !!:D

Not sure about the hug thing do you have any proof ?:confused:

Give Jim Carswell a call. He was planning on driving up. Perhaps you guys can share the fuel costs.