First Win in TSM at Bowling Green

Jason,
Congratulations on a job well done. I am sure that you are enjoying this
victory as much if not more than Reynolds. They are kinda sweet aren't
they .:biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats!!!!!

Awesome job!!! Glad to see years of hard work, testing, and efforts finally pay off BIG! Those 4 foot wheelies look awesome, but usually don't win the race!

FYI, we posted $200 to win for TSM, which Jason got, AND he won another $100 in CONTINGENCY prizes for winning with our swaybar & suspension parts! Might be able to work out a trade deal for gas money (since you got all our stuff already) to help you get to Norwalk ;) The contingency prizes are available to ANYONE running our suspension parts! See our website for details.

PS- After looking at some pictures of your car at the Nat's, got a couple suggestions to help you go faster & safer:

Might try a little more pressure in the slicks, looked a bit low with the load on them. Could probably bump them up 1/2 to 1 psi (from end of day sat) & hook as good or better, and have better top end stability. Back in the day, I saw a pic of mine & looked worse & went up 2.5 psi & improved traction & stability.

Would also go about 1/2 - 1 turn more preload on the bar too. Looked like you could gain a bit there too. Just double check she still tracks straight under power, should be fine.

Might bump the boost controller up a tad too. Might have some 1.3x 60ft times in it without the crazy wheelies. Either ramp in faster or hit a little harder with same ramp-in or?? Not real familiar with them, but seems you got some more left in it :) That might get a 9.2x out of it at current power levels! Norwalk track will take it, always good & sticky! A little more boost & maybe there's an 8 sec run in there! :D

Good luck!!!

Paul,
Quit giving jason tips!! My brother could use all the tips you can give. He's running a year old tune (boost set tuner style) H&R bar that hasn't had any tuning and no 2step and pulled a 1.39 last year at BG. OK, Laz did some tuning just before the semifinals and seriously helped us out, but we're struggling with the launch. The H&R bar made all the difference in the world on his car, I think he's also running upper H&R control arms. My brother is the TSM car that is bright yellow. He's making his license passes right now and pulled a 1.43 which netted him a 9.7 at just under 140. He was almost slapping the rims on the track in his run against jason.

Again, I don't want to take anything away from Jason, He's a great guy and has worked hard for what he has accomplished, but we're running out of a backwoods 2 car garage, and the motor was built on 2 sawhorses and a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Actually the guy that does all the wrenching on the car just built the block that pulled a 9.7 1/4 and has never built a turbo buick motor before. Gotta give him credit for that.

Paul,
Quit giving jason tips!! My brother could use all the tips you can give. He's running a year old tune (boost set tuner style) H&R bar that hasn't had any tuning and no 2step and pulled a 1.39 last year at BG. OK, Laz did some tuning just before the semifinals and seriously helped us out, but we're struggling with the launch. The H&R bar made all the difference in the world on his car, I think he's also running upper H&R control arms. My brother is the TSM car that is bright yellow. He's making his license passes right now and pulled a 1.43 which netted him a 9.7 at just under 140. He was almost slapping the rims on the track in his run against jason.

<snip>.

I just call them out as I see them! :)
Glad to help you ALL go faster & safer!!!
After this years nats, I have a new concern that the boost controllers are getting set too mild & some of the 60 ft time is lost. It is making it consistent & managable which is a fine thing if you are bracket racing. For heads up action, you need all you can get! At mid-upper 9's, the 60 ft should be in the 1.3's. Pull a tenth off the 60ft & it's almost 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile!!! I had 1.40-1.44 60's with my car at high 10 range, and that was BEFORE I came out with our swaybar setup! And mine REALLY needed it :D Never went straight down the track in it's life! Sold it before I could pump some 1.3's out of it :biggrin:

ANYONE running our suspension parts is more than welcome to bug me at ANY time for help! If it's at the track, I will make time to help out, that's one reason we show up! If it's after the race, just send pics/video & will do my best to help/suggest things to improve the combo. Awesome suspension parts don't always do the trick, it's all got to work together as a combo to be optimum. I don't really play favorites with anyone. If I know you better, I may run into you more often at the events, but that's about it. If you ask for help/advice/suggestions, I will give it :) Heck if I didn't see the picture from a different angle on Jason's car, I would have thought all was well & set on kill since he won & was happy. Might not improve at all, but always worth a try IMO ;)

Back off..!!... You know He's savin all his hugs for me!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Easy now big fella, there is plenty of man love to go around :D If you're not feeling it just crank up some John Tesh, I hear he's pretty popular in Monticello;)

Thanks Paul, I forgot to put the ;) after my remark about giving jason pointers. Glad you took it as a joke. I think we did get some video, so I'll see if I can get a clip to you. I'm pretty sure my brother, Tim, will be at norwalk. If you're there, swing by and talk to him. You can't miss the car its the only bright yellow TSM car.

The best 60' he pulled at BG this year was 1.5 last year he pulled a 1.39. Last night he pulled a 1.43 which did drop a tenth off his run at BG this year. We attributed it to the slicks being a year old, even thought they don't have that many runs on them.

Paul, I was very conservative on the launch because I know that BG isn't known for it's traction during the GS Nats. I ran 1.42-1.43 every pass except for the pass with Walt and I spun a little at the launch. I have been 1.3s with the car at a good track. I think Norwalk is a good track...lol

Jason,
Congratulations on a job well done. I am sure that you are enjoying this
victory as much if not more than Reynolds. They are kinda sweet aren't
they .:biggrin: :biggrin:

This one is sweeter.. Especially beating Cruz in the finals lol Dan, you'll be getting a call after Norwalk as I'll be pulling the engine to freshen up the rings and bearings. Thanks for all your help on this matter..

Great job !...

Jason,
Congrats on your win. Great driving, but then, again, all TSM guys you are one Bad tot the bone, light cutter on that tree. Don't care who it is, whoever lines up against you better be on their best on the launch.:D Way to go. Great spending time with you all ! C-U in Reynolds later in the year.:)

Paul,

Again, I don't want to take anything away from Jason, He's a great guy and has worked hard for what he has accomplished, but we're running out of a backwoods 2 car garage, and the motor was built on 2 sawhorses and a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Actually the guy that does all the wrenching on the car just built the block that pulled a 9.7 1/4 and has never built a turbo buick motor before. Gotta give him credit for that.

I thought that was Lonnie's old motor?

Congrats again Jason! The win couldn't have gone to a more deserving guy....unless it was me of course lol;) I might see ya up in Norwalk!
Good news on part is that Lonnie and I found it's issue yesterday. The primary pump on my double pumper is bad. Hopefully I will have the new fuel system in place for Norwalk:)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

you definetaly drove your butt off!!!!!

little birdie tells me there might be a rematch in Norwalk!!!!!!

can't wait to hear what happens!!!!!!

thanks JD

P.S CRUSS MISSLE hell of a GREAT JOB!!!!

looking forward to see how far the MISSLE can GO!!!!!!!

Congratulations Jason, You have always been sharp on the lights, this time the light really paid off!!

I thought that was Lonnie's old motor?

No, he popped that motor two years ago, and cracked the block. The motor in there now was what originally came in the car when he bought it, which was supposedly a 35,000 mile virgin. He had a ton of machine work done last spring, and lonnie put it together, popped a head gasket at the end of the year last year, had everything checked out over the winter, couple of rods resized, and then Ronnie put the motor together this spring.