Whats up Turbo Freaks

PooP1186

Sup Turbo cats im new to the site!!!! kinda disapointed though i just recently attended a car show at the orange county fair grounds in California, i took my 86 regal T-Type i only come to find one other turbo buick there!! it was a 87 GN, where was the buick support????

well, i would estimate a total of 100,000 (if that) turbo regals built between 78-87 so with the youngest tr's being 21years old your probably not going to run into alot of them at local shows. hell i live in a city of around 800,000 and i only know of a handfull of them here.

anyway, keep supporting the movement of tr's youll find some people of the same interest. check the regional section to where your at, youll probably fiind a few people close to you.

buickbert

I live in a town of 15,000 people. We have 4 GN's, 1 T, and 1 TTA. Not to bad for a dot on the map.

Coach

I have me and thats about it! Well, I guess we a have a stealth turbo 6 powered RX7 lurking the streets.

at the car show we had in franklin park,il this summer we had a total of seven tr's and gn's. was heck of a sight to see them all lined up together.

Sup Turbo cats im new to the site!!!! kinda disapointed though i just recently attended a car show at the orange county fair grounds in California, i took my 86 regal T-Type i only come to find one other turbo buick there!! it was a 87 GN, where was the buick support????

Would this be cruisn' for a cure? If so, that was my car....

it seems there are a lot of TR's in the midwest! in my small town of 10,000 there are 3 GN's and 1 WH1 and all in the family!

turbo regals /car shows

I have two turbo regals and frequent the car shows and cruise ins in my area(SW Florida). We normally have 3 to 5 cars show up for a particular event. We have some nice cars in the club, including Al's Grand Camino. It's the best of the bunch. I feel that alot of turbo regal owners shy away from car shows because our cars are not judged fairly or appreciated by the 50s and 60s muscle car crowd. I look at people's faces when they look at the engine bay of a nice turbo regal, and they look confused. :confused: The judges usually couldn't tell you stock from modified, or even label all the parts. What is most insulting, is when you pay $20 to enter a event and a stock mustang wins a catagory. This guy just signed for the payments and drove it off the showroom floor to the event, and he gets a trophy?:mad: You know that your car would destroy most of the cars in the field in a drag race, and you have just as much time and $ into it as the others. People seem to have prejudices about cars made after 1973, unless it is a exotic. I guess that's what the Buick Nationals and this board is for! I still would never go back to any other car, never:tongue:

poop was up man iam here in LA "you are not alone" iam in bell gardens welcome to the dark side :biggrin:

I have to agree with "garrett". I went to a show last year in SoCal in my Grey T. As I was driving through the crowd I heard some lady ask "Is that a Buick regal?-What's THAT THING doing here?" I just smiled and kept driving all the while thinking to myself "THIS Buick is looking for a snack":cool:

Lately, I've been to some local shows and I see the same crap- People bring a new Vette or Mustang or Charger to the show and actually win trophys! For what I'm not sure- Maybe highest monthly payment...

I generally look for the fastest looking street car and open my exhaust and let the turbo whine do some talking as I slowly drive by. I like to let them know that they might be a big fish in this little pond (usually the main show area)-but that Jaws is out here (usually in one of the side lots) -just waiting for them. I never see any of those guys on the street when I leave:confused: It's very mysterious. :biggrin:

Might want to drop down in the Southwestern Section regional area at the bottom of the menu and say hi. There is a very strong support group in the So Kali area.

I went to a show last year in SoCal in my Grey T. As I was driving through the crowd I heard some lady ask "Is that a Buick regal?-What's THAT THING doing here?"

Isnt that the same reaction you get anywhere you go with that thing? You cant blame them when your car runs as slow as it does, its hard to hide that!:eek:

Isnt that the same reaction you get anywhere you go with that thing? You cant blame them when your car runs as slow as it does, its hard to hide that!:eek:

Now, now sir. Jealousy will get you nowhere...:p
Hope all with well with la familia.