What's it gonna take to save this class?

My head, piston, and plug look the same as all other cylinders. It has been getting warm halfway thru 3rd gear.
I raced a mustang on the street twice Saturday and forgot to make the 1-2 shift till the car nosed over on the 2nd pass. Have you had this issue
with valve lash?
Knock on wood, never burned a piston but I've seen where valve lash and/or a light injector on a cylinder can make it a little leaner.

Knock on wood, never burned a piston but I've seen where valve lash and/or a light injector on a cylinder can make it a little leaner.
Thanks for the input. No.4 rod needs reconditioned and crank turned .010 in that journal. The piston is fine. Kip and I are shooting for next week to be back at the track.
Tim is having 60ft wheelie withdraws already. :D

Thanks for the input. No.4 rod needs reconditioned and crank turned .010 in that journal. The piston is fine. Kip and I are shooting for next week to be back at the track.
Tim is having 60ft wheelie withdraws already. :D
Was the bearing burnt/heated or just beat up?
Might be detonation in that cylinder..

This is what I took out and how it came out. The car probably has 60 to 80 passes on it. The ones with me driving were probably the cause of this.
I am not mad because the car has had a rough ride from day one. It went in the 9's first time to the track on accident
rod bearing.jpg

Pounded the rod out of round and stacked the bearing...

What about the other rods?

Pounded the rod out of round and stacked the bearing...

What about the other rods?
They all look rough but should with all that bearing passing thru.
You must build a lot of motors to know so much. You building engines now?

This is what I took out and how it came out. The car probably has 60 to 80 passes on it. The ones with me driving were probably the cause of this.
I am not mad because the car has had a rough ride from day one. It went in the 9's first time to the track on accident
View attachment 199976
We're any of the other bearings beat flat?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

80 cold and 30 hot. It still had good pressure after. The last few passes at the track Friday the temp
started climbing at the top of third gear to 225. I never found a reason other than maybe radiator
is to small.
I am assuming bearings were getting tight when warm or sucked the oil pan dry on the street race.

80 cold and 30 hot. It still had good pressure after. The last few passes at the track Friday the temp
started climbing at the top of third gear to 225. I never found a reason other than maybe radiator
is to small.
I am assuming bearings were getting tight when warm or sucked the oil pan dry on the street race.
We're you pushing any water on the head gasket ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You must build a lot of motors to know so much. You building engines now?

Nope, Don Cruz builds all the engines I deal with.. I do see that kind of stuff when others give up trying to do it themselves and bring it to me though.

Never had any bearing issues like that in my car. But it seems like you had two things going on: a weak cylinder (knock) and maybe oil pressure/temp issue. If you were beating on it over and over on the street, maybe it just gave up?

Nope, Don Cruz builds all the engines I deal with.. I do see that kind of stuff when others give up trying to do it themselves and bring it to me though.

Never had any bearing issues like that in my car. But it seems like you had two things going on: a weak cylinder (knock) and maybe oil pressure/temp issue. If you were beating on it over and over on the street, maybe it just gave up?
This the same motor we have been running since we started racing TSM in 2005. It got a sleeve, crank, and rods after we drug Ritchie down the track a few years ago. I have alway's built the motor myself without any issues. I have never drove till now and now we have issues;)

Now we know the weak link lol. Your driving.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Now we know the weak link lol. Your driving.

I agree 100%!!! I am not scared of the car but I have no sense. First 3 times it went down the road I forgot it had a tach lol

You just one of those big ass shift lights in your face