whats a good starting point for fp?

BoostedEvIL

Novice
I just decided to try out the e85 stuff. I threw in 6.5 gallons in my 87. I have 60# injectors a TT chip and TE-60 turbo. I already bumped the fuel pressure up to 50psi, but I wanted to get some feedback before I start pounding on her.
Am I in the ballpark for proper FP or are you guys way higher?

I run my FP at 43psi w/line off.... How much boost you planning on running?? Do you have a scan tool that you can watch for Inj. DC?

well I was going to hand out at around 15-17# for awhile.
So is 50 psi (line off) a bit high for a 50/50 mix?

well I was going to hand out at around 15-17# for awhile.
So is 50 psi (line off) a bit high for a 50/50 mix?

What pump are you running? With that boost level I would start around 43psi. Keep your eye on DC% and knock. What kind of timing are you going to run....

The pump is a walbro 340. I have no idea what the timing is. I wanna say that the chip has 23 degrees written on it but i have to check.

what?

What are you using to watch knock? Also do you have a wideband? I would start at 42 line off and go from there. At your current fuel pressure what is the a/f or 02 values?

Stop farting around with a 50/50 mix - do it right and get a TT chip burned for your combo and E85. Fuel pressure with TT chips are 43 psi (line off). With your combo I would estimate you will be out of fuel at around 22-23 lbs. Do yourself a favor and get a wideband O2 to monitor the A/F ratio. Once you try E85 you'll never look back!

Ok, Chip is a TT 60# Street 91.
Timing is 20degree/ 17 degree 14-15 psi.
I don't have wideband. Just my scanmaster and a flakey caspers gauge. My o2s dropped a little at wot, but I think its because i'm giving it too much fuel now.
I'm new to tuning so take it easy on me. I don't really want to go full e85 due to an idle issue I haven't figured out yet. But then again that wouldn't hurt anything would it? Where do I get a wideband? I'm already looking for a used directscan.

Stop making this harder than it is.:eek:
1. Get a chip made for E85, the idle will not change. Cold start up is a bit rough, but seeing as you live in CA you probably won't notice the difference.
2. Get a wideband from any reputable vendor. Summit, Jegs, and Full throttle will work just fine.
3. Decide what brand of wideband you want - I prefer Innovate, but thats just me.
4. Forget the directscan and get a powerlogger - also avaliable at a reputable buick vendor. With a powerlogger you can log damn near everything - including the wideband!

Do it right the first time, unless you want practice rebuilding your engine...

Stop making this harder than it is.:eek:
1. Get a chip made for E85, the idle will not change. Cold start up is a bit rough, but seeing as you live in CA you probably won't notice the difference.
2. Get a wideband from any reputable vendor. Summit, Jegs, and Full throttle will work just fine.
3. Decide what brand of wideband you want - I prefer Innovate, but thats just me.
4. Forget the directscan and get a powerlogger - also avaliable at a reputable buick vendor. With a powerlogger you can log damn near everything - including the wideband!

Do it right the first time, unless you want practice rebuilding your engine...

Good advice, Looking into your idle issue first. You want your car running well first before you do any further upgrades. Have you checked your IAC/TPS counts to see if there out of wack??

Thanks,
The car idles fine in gear. But it shoots up to about 1150 1200 rpm in Park and neutral. I think its a vaccum leak, (IAC drops to zero) just can't find it.
As far as the egt goes. (Those f%^&ers are pricey!) I'll get it first. Which ones will work easily with the power logger whenever I can get one? Part numbers please.
Or if somebody is upgrading let me know, i'll buy your old one.

Get a boost leak tester, the only way to really find the leaks since they whistle like crazy with 10+psi of pressure in them. Buick Gn has them for sale and it will cure your 0 IAC reading.

No EGT, Wideband. AEM Uego is $220 shipped and is a necessity when messing with blends especially.

TT E85 chip, run it on straight E85 and tweak the WOT tune with the wideband.

Get a boost leak tester, the only way to really find the leaks since they whistle like crazy with 10+psi of pressure in them. Buick Gn has them for sale and it will cure your 0 IAC reading.

No EGT, Wideband. AEM Uego is $220 shipped and is a necessity when messing with blends especially.

TT E85 chip, run it on straight E85 and tweak the WOT tune with the wideband.

OH! Where the hell did I get EGT from? Now it all makes sense. So pretty much any wideband will work with the Power Logger? I will check out the boost leak detector also. Thanks