What's a decent brand battery for the street/strip

My wal-mart ever start is completely dead after 13 months so I can't replace it under the 1 year warranty. Too many times letting the car sit and slowly draining the battery and having to recharge it. So I am just going to buy an Optima Red Top from Advance Auto Parts.

The price is $149.99 so just and some random part (brake clean $3.19) to get the bill over $150.
Make sure you order online and use coupon code "VISA" to get $50 off $150 and the grand total is $103.
Don't think there is a better deal out there.

My wal-mart ever start is completely dead after 13 months so I can't replace it under the 1 year warranty. Too many times letting the car sit and slowly draining the battery and having to recharge it. So I am just going to buy an Optima Red Top from Advance Auto Parts.

The price is $149.99 so just and some random part (brake clean $3.19) to get the bill over $150.
Make sure you order online and use coupon code "VISA" to get $50 off $150 and the grand total is $103.
Don't think there is a better deal out there.

The WalMart battery should be pro rated after the one year, shouldnt cost you but 6-8 bucks for replacement.

Bryan

I have used Optima Red Top in my 96 Impala, my 84GN, and my 74 Z28. Don't drive any of them much. Get a trickle charger designed for gel battery and they will last a long time!
Conrad

AC delco and interstate batteries are all I use optima batteries suck let them sit for 4 months and there garbage id rather buy a walmart than optima

Optimas have gone to chit the last few years.....Ive had two one lasted a year and then it sat and the warranty expired on it....Wouldnt keep a charge i bought another one a year newer and it wouldnt hold its charge after a year either..I completely disconnected it after charging it and driving all day and after a weekend it was dead....Two other friends three more junk optimas....

Ive had good luck with autozone duralast gold in all my everyday vehicles great warranty and you can swap them out anywhere in the country if they go bad...It seems if you drain a lead acid battery dead they are never the same...

I recently bought an oddessy battery for the gn...Labeled a Diehard platinum they are all the same price ($199)so i bought the biggest one that would fit..If you look at the rest of the Diehard batteries the platinum series look completely different and identical to oddessy batteries...They are also a lot heavier than a similar sized battery of another brand....8 YR WARRANTY 4 YR FREE REPLACEMENT!!!!

Delco or interstate for me. I've always had great luck with AC delco. I have a Delco in a 1998 cutlass out at my parents farm still has the original Delco in there! and the sucker works!