alright guys i finnaly got pictures of my main caps. heres number one

DSCN1855.jpg

number two

DSCN1860.jpg

number three-seems to be in the best shape with no scratches

DSCN1866.jpg

number four

DSCN1869.jpg

what do you guys think about the first and second one? this is on a 92k motor thats on my motor stand right now. im not in a huge rush to get it back together so i dont want to rush anything.

They look normal for a 90K motor. Minor debris in some of the bearings but nothing to be concerned. Put a new set of sized bearings and re-assemble..

The caps look really good on the mating surfaces. The bearings look like some debris went through the engine.

I think they look pretty nice for 90k. The main caps don't show any signs of fretting (main caps walking)

ill get pictures of the crank tomorrow.

so whats the general conceses of the scratches on the caps? im guessing there bad.

ill get pictures of the crank tomorrow.

so whats the general conceses of the scratches on the caps? im guessing there bad.

those are called bearings not cap , caps are what the lower bearings are held in and the lower bearing shell looks ok , yes there been some debris through them buit they dont look bad if theres no raised groves from torn babbit , you could run them , ive run on worse ... but why , for 35.00 bucks you already have it apart , and if they have a marking on the back see if they are std or if they been replaced with undersized get some bearings and pop em in

Crank journals look okay to me. Take a finger nail and run it across the surface. If you're feeling any grooves in there then you'll want to have your crank polished or turned down depending on severity. BUT from the photos it looks good.

wow , , ive seen some that look like an old vinyl record that still worked fine, your's look fine , probably better than i would have expected

on another note with those pics... your rods and rod caps look like ray charles paired them up

Id put it back together and keep on running it.

ill check the crank with my finger nail.

The biggest scratch is on the #2 main bearing in the picture above, do you guys think that that scratch will matter much?

The rod caps where taken off to look at them, and then i just put them back exactly how they were on and put the bolts back in a few threads.

bison- so you think id be fine just putting it back together and torqing it.

those are called bearings not cap , caps are what the lower bearings are held in and the lower bearing shell looks ok , yes there been some debris through them buit they dont look bad if theres no raised groves from torn babbit , you could run them , ive run on worse ... but why , for 35.00 bucks you already have it apart , and if they have a marking on the back see if they are std or if they been replaced with undersized get some bearings and pop em in

I'm with Paulie. I'd put fresh bearings in and be done with it.

bison- so you think id be fine just putting it back together and torqing it.
The journals look good. The scratch just means that debris went through. If the debris is not trapped in the bearings id just put it back together and toque it down.nYou could just do #1 bearing if the scratch is bothering you. Id be the most concerned about the front cam bearing. Its usually worn quite a bit.