What would you replace your GN with?

Probably a 70/72 GS 455 or 74/75 TA 4-speed, or possibly a 72 Olds 442. Would love to have a C5 ZO6 as well. Just ideas though. Never seriously thought about parting with the Regals. :biggrin:

1967 camaro or a 32 ford 5 window. If it doesnt have to be a car, then i would buy a 78 or 79 chevy C-10 built big block and a blower! those are unique and the first two deffinatly hold their value but then again they are also expensive. I second the toyota supra. the twin turbo ones are insane to drive.

92 Firehawk
6179743642129408.JPG

or any thirdgen built to run really

I love these cars

I'd go with a 80s Hurst Olds with a Olds diesel 350 convert stroked to 440 with a 150 shot of NOS.

87we410877 said:
For all the votes for a mustang. He said something that HOLDS its value.

No, he specifically said "For me.....".

WakkoSS said:
If you decided to sell your TR, what would you buy as a replacement?.............. For me it would need to be something that holds it's value and is fun to drive. .............What would YOU get?

So for me, I would still get an '03/'04 Cobra. I could care less if it holds its value or not.... ;) :D

'06 EVO, Hands Down the QUICKEST 12 sec Factory MUSCLE CAR, and with Rebates can be had for LESS than 30k!!!

The '06's have @20 MORE Horsepower than the Previous ones and 99% (depending on launch) run High 12's @ 105-107 STOCK!!! :eek:

the question that needs to be asked is what is the dollar amount you are looking to spend? you say that 25-30 is out of reach but the older Pontiacs are starting to sky rocket in price now. I have been keeping an eye out for a Pontiac for the wife, & I have decided that if that is what she really wants we need to get serious & find one before there out of our reach.

PS: a 77 Bandit car would be sweet, but my favorite T/A's are the 70-73 all 3 colors are sweet but the Buccaneer red is the icing on the cake. ;)

TClassic said:
'06 EVO, Hands Down the QUICKEST 12 sec Factory MUSCLE CAR, and with Rebates can be had for LESS than 30k!!!

The '06's have @20 MORE Horsepower than the Previous ones and 99% (depending on launch) run High 12's @ 105-107 STOCK!!! :eek:

If you EVER, EVER call an EVO a muscle car again I will fly to your house and kick you square in the nuts.

Whoop-de-do, high 12's for $30K, and its a chick car no less. And I promise you they will depreciate faster than you can pay off that loan.

WakkoSS said:
I rarely drive it and when I do I drive it super slow and park it in the boondocks. I simply don't enjoy driving it anymore.... Hell, I drive the Charger all over the place and it gets 8mpg of premium.
Why don't you worry about the Charger sustaining injury like you do the GN? Don't you park the Charger in the boondocks too?

MeanBuicks said:
Why don't you worry about the Charger sustaining injury like you do the GN? Don't you park the Charger in the boondocks too?

It probably doesn't break nearly as often as the TR. Just a guess.... ;)

Im with Wells...

Just cuz one is cursed, doesnt mean they all are.
I would never part with mine, simply because it was my grandfathers car, so its been in the family since new.
If that wasnt the case, I would be looking for something else turbo. My friend has an 04 all black SRT4, stage 1 with extras, which, for what it is, is a really nice car. Dodge has its stuff together, unlike the General. They seem to hold value so far, the prices on used ones havent come down much in the last few years.
Me, I would be all over a Sy/Ty in a heartbeat. Hard to work on...yeah, but a lot of fun. If gas mileage wasnt a concern, 65 Riviera GS done up pro-touring style...hands down.

And calling an EVO a musclecar just turned everyones stomach. :confused:

TClassic said:

Depending on the launch means you have to drive it like a rental.

Good luck getting 50 12 second passes out of one before you break something.

Then what's the dealer going to tell you? Tough luck?

Build up something

I'd try to find a 68 Chevelle or a 69 Camaro and drop a GN drive train in it. ;)

but to replace it with a daily driver? hmm...IS there such a replacement to match? my opinion is...no.

Trailblazer SS, or Z06. Neither one of which I can afford of course.

Unless someone has one or the other they'd like to trade for two GN's :wink:

turbosam6 said:
If you EVER, EVER call an EVO a muscle car again I will fly to your house and kick you square in the nuts.

LMFAO!

Here's the deal, I think that I know where you are coming from. All of the cars that are being thrown your way are cool, don't get me wrong, but most are not cheap.

You can score a sweet 77-78 Trans AM for less than 10K. I looked at Deloreans not too long ago as well. Some may think that they are weak, but if you saw one meet you on the highway, on any given day, I promise that you would say to yourself, "those are badass." And they are definitely a car that you wouldn't see as you are cruising around in your's. There are even a few Twin Turbo models. They have automatics, sticks, gray interior, black interior.....the options are there. These cars are surprisingly affordable as well. Depending on the mileage and condition, you can get one for 12-15K or even less sometimes on Ebay.

Anyway, I think that eventhough you are looking for some positive reinforcement from this group, you may have already made up your mind. You want something cool and you don't want to spend a buttload for it.

I say, find one of each to drive and see how you like them. Then scour the earth for the perfect 77-78 TA or Delorean in your price range.

Just my opinion. :D

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 black

or

GMC Syclone or Ford Lightning

or

35th Anniversary Thunderbird SC

the 3000 GT VR4 and Stealth R/T twin turbo are nice cars, but they are ****ing heavy as hell.

The only thing that I could ever consider close enough for a replacement under "have to" conditions would be a pristine TTA hardtop. Good luck on that one. Even the new Z06 with 500 horse will lose it's lustre when you find out how much it is going to depriciate and the fact that everybody else is going to have one.

There are 2 things that a turbo Buick has that a vette, even a fast one, will never have. Class & 'tude. When I see a driver in a vette, it is the driver that seems to cop the attitude, but when I see a driver in a turbo Buick, it's always the turbo Buick that has the attitude. Just my $.02 worth and not trying to rain on anybody's parade.

I looked at Deloreans not too long ago as well. Some may think that they are weak, but if you saw one meet you on the highway, on any given day, I promise that you would say to yourself, "those are badass." And they are definitely a car that you wouldn't see as you are cruising around in your's. There are even a few Twin Turbo models. They have automatics, sticks, gray interior, black interior.....the options are there. These cars are surprisingly affordable as well. Depending on the mileage and condition, you can get one for 12-15K or even less sometimes on Ebay.
:eek: My friend had a Delorean. It was a complete POS. Rampant electrical problems, under powered, impossible to sit in without the air conditioner on, whack your head on the doors. Forget it unless your a masochist.