What oil weight should i use ?

Mobil Synthetic 15W 50. You can run that stuff 7000 miles between changes with no issues.

The only thing I go to Wal Mart for ever.
My GN is all stock and I live in California, wont that me to thick? I daily drive it

Put whatever weight it takes to maintain 10PSI per 1000 RPMS. Thicker than you need is a waste of power and efficiency.

Last edited:
Car is currently using 15w 50 but i cant seem to find that weight anywhere. I was thinking of using 10w 40 what do you guys think. Car has a rebuilt motor so it is not stock. I am not to sure on bearing clearances, and i cant get in touch with the previous owner. Car has billet mains, stock crank, reconditioned rods, trw forged pistons, billet hydraulic roller cam, gn1 heads, te45a turbo with all supporting mods. What is a good choice in oil weight for this combination. Also does thicker weight oil have effects on the turbo bearing and seals ? Thanks
I just changed mine for summer and used vr 20w50 it has high zinc content and where I live it's been 88% humidity and in the 90s and she hasn't ran over 180 with the AC on

Car is currently using 15w 50 but i cant seem to find that weight anywhere. I was thinking of using 10w 40 what do you guys think. Car has a rebuilt motor so it is not stock. I am not to sure on bearing clearances, and i cant get in touch with the previous owner. Car has billet mains, stock crank, reconditioned rods, trw forged pistons, billet hydraulic roller cam, gn1 heads, te45a turbo with all supporting mods. What is a good choice in oil weight for this combination. Also does thicker weight oil have effects on the turbo bearing and seals ? Thanks
I just changed mine for summer and used vr 20w50 it has high zinc content and where I live it's been 88% humidity and in the 90s and she hasn't ran over 180 with the AC on in the fall and spring I use brad penn 10w30 which also has high zinc