what kinda music do you listen to?

I like music with strong bass guitar in them. That's prolly why I like Rush, Geddy Lee ftw!

Others I like are Cradle Of Filth, As I lay Dying, Atreyu, Blood has been Shed (Howard Jones's old band) and Dredge

I like Within Temptation and Lacuna Coil but John beat me to those

Joshua

All my friends laugh when they look through the CD's in my car. Everything from Pantera to Garth Brooks, the Doors, 2Pac, etc. I get tired of 1 kind of music very quickly, so I mix it around a lot.

Same here. Got Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, Cream, Mountain, Hendrix, Metallica, STP, to Zappa, Big and Rich, Sugarland, Miranda Lambert. No rap though.:rolleyes:

The Beatles ( got a few cd's ) rap-pop-soul-i like disturbed but not all heavy rock( some of that stuff is too heavy ) a couple of opera songs miss sarajevo-with luciano pavarotti , andre bocelli ( man's got an amazing voice ) and 3yrs at fort knox got me into COUNTRY!! ( WOO.. well enough of that .) i guess it depends what mood i'm in. but everything sounds good too me. i know i'm going to get some heat on the opera stuff but it does sound good i'm not saying all of it but Bocelli sure as hell does. maybe it's cause of my italin grandfather ? who knows :biggrin: good thread

The Beatles ( got a few cd's ) rap-pop-soul-i like disturbed but not all heavy rock( some of that stuff is too heavy ) a couple of opera songs miss sarajevo-with luciano pavarotti , andre bocelli ( man's got an amazing voice ) and 3yrs at fort knox got me into COUNTRY!! ( WOO.. well enough of that .) i guess it depends what mood i'm in. but everything sounds good too me. i know i'm going to get some heat on the opera stuff but it does sound good i'm not saying all of it but Bocelli sure as hell does. maybe it's my it's cause of my italin grandfather ? who knows :biggrin: good thread

Nope not at all, I love Opera, I played more classical Guitar then anything, Segovia....

But in my car right now I have Iron Maiden number of the beast after the thread that was on here a week ago, which I just put in to replace my Cream Disrailigears which after 2 weeks, i needed a slight change..lol

Next will be King Crimson Islands or larks tongues in aspic then after that will prolly be corrosion of conformity...LOL

I pretty much listen to anything depending on the mood. But I mainly listen to Salsa and Merengue. Usually heavy metal is good for racing :biggrin: It gets my blood flowing and my car's turbo starts acting up! :D ;)

I'm pretty like everything. I listen to Super Shuffle on Sirius. I'm into Nickelback, Fuel, Seether, and still love the 80's bands Motley Crue, Van Halen, Metallica.

Pantera Cowboys from Hell and Vulgar Display of Power are both excellent
CDs to get tickets to. It is had not to get a little pumped up LOL.

Those 2 Pantera CD's are my workout music. When I need a little extra push to bench press there is nothing that comes close to a little Pantera at 120 db.:cool:

I listen to RUSH and YES and OZZY when I cruise in my GN.

I dig about everything. I installed XM in my work area, and I set a new channel first thing in the morning and leave it there all day typically. No less than 15 channels in my favorites. The only stuff I really shy from is most of the new country and most of the newer rap. Co workers make fun of me when it's on the 50's or soul street but I don't care. I make fun of them when I hear one of the same 10 songs every time I walk by their area.

I've been jamming Disturbed "Indestructible" for the past week. It F'ing rocks:eek: !! I like Five Finger Death Punch, Pantera, Linkin Park, Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves and a few others that I cant think of right now. I do have some rap..... If the Insane Clown Posse counts for that. Hadnt listened to them in a while though.

Yeah like most of you guys I like Metal. Metallica, Slayer, Shadows Fall, Killswitch, Unearth, Hatebreed and so on.

I'm surprised with all the metalheads here we don't have a few punks too. For me, it's all over the place too.

Metal: Anthrax, Overkill, Testament, Death, Iron Maiden, Nevermore, Sepultura, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, COC. Anyone else into power metal stuff like Rage (German band, not RATM), Cage, Agent Steel, Lefay, etc?

Punk: Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Refused, X, Rancid, The Clash

Indie Rock: Pixies, Hold Steady, Arcade Fire, Faith No More, BRMC, PJ Harvey, Wilco, Massive Attack, Portishead

Rap: A Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan, The Roots, Beastie Boys, Outkast

Black, thrash, death, traditional heavy metal, classic rock, etc. Generally the older the better, can't take newer "metal" bands seriously.

I'm surprised with all the metalheads here we don't have a few punks too. For me, it's all over the place too.
Punk: Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Refused, X, Rancid, The Clash

I also like GBH, The Exploited, Sex Pistols and The Ramones.:biggrin:

Metal like the rest of you. Metallica, Powerman 5K, Rob Zombie, White Zombie. Like Disturbed they have a way of getting ya pumped. [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh1ypNyHRmA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE] One of my all time favorites. Jon Hanson

Anyone else into power metal stuff like Rage (German band, not RATM), Cage, Agent Steel, Lefay, etc?

sonata arctica, stratovarius, xystus and kamelot are a couple power metal bands I have heard.

Man some of thm bands, IM clueless on but IM 42. and fell out of the loop. During my early teen yrs it was Sabbath, Priest, early Scorpions, Then I got turned on to Slayer, Metallica, King Diamond, Bathory and Hell Hammer. with all the assorted punk/thrash tossed in. Suicidal, Misfits etc. Once Frost came out that was prety much it for awhile, but during all that Ive always had my King Crimson playing and all Zappa stuff.

And now if im surfing My Space for Music I look for Jazz stuff comming out of France..killer tunes Such as Christophe godinYouTube - Christophe Godin - Guitar technics #1

YouTube - Christophe Godin - '70s

Check them links out to name a few from this guy

IF you want to hear the best, get Zappas collection, He only had the best guys playing for him, and its hard, As someone who can read music and play I know, The arrangments are complicated to say the least.

Willie the Pimp was a bad man, never had the pleasure but saw Phish do Peaches a couple of times.

All the metal bands I listen to have been listed.

One name I notice not mentioned..........Grateful Dead, yeah yeah call me a hippie, Phish, Widespread, Primus, Oysterhead, Mediski, Meters, Allmans, and a few others.

Last but certainly not least.........Blues, Blues, Blues, Give me some blues in here

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4sml8W5SAwo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=K_8kkuekS5A&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

sonata arctica, stratovarius, xystus and kamelot are a couple power metal bands I have heard.

I never did like Stratovarius too much. Too much keyboard for me, reminded me of bad Queensryche for some reason. I've heard good things about Sonata Artica though. I fell out of the metal scene a few years ago, I should start reading reviews again...

Any of the black metal fans into Sigh? A bunch of Japanese guys making some crazy stuff.