What John Deere to buy?

87NAT

In Between GN's
I am a city boy but recently purchased 2 acres of land out of the city. I am going to build later on this year. The land is not exactly smooth like my lawn in the city where I live now. I have always owned push mowers but I will be investing in a good riding mower next month. Any input would be appreciated as far as model numbers and pros and cons for certain mowers. Gas or diesel is one question I have.

My real esate agents husband owns 2 John Deere dealerships down here. He will be selling me a unit at cost. Thats why I need info only on John Deere mowers.

Of course if I get to build the size shop I want who needs a lawnmower?:D

2 acres isn't a lot- so don't spend too much money on a mower.
even with my crappy old 14hp 46" Murray that i only paid $150 for, i was able to mow my not so smooth 3/4 acre lawn in about an hour.

this is just my 02 cents worth , I own a GT345 and love it. Which everone you get make sure it has the kalisaki motor, NOT the briggs. It will cost you more but on the other hand you won't be buying another for a LONNNNNGGGGGG time either! Daniel

I'll second that comment, I have a 1997? GT275 with a 17 hp Kawasaki and have had zero problems with it. By far the best investment I made after buying my house.:smile:

I just bought a zero turn gravely and love it. It cut my mow time by 60%. John deere has a big variety of these all the way up to a real big one with a diesel.When I looked at them they ranged from $2800 for the smallest one all the way up to $12000 for the diesel.

Ed-

Hope my info yesterday helped. Looks like a few of the guys are echoing my statements.

Ty

Ed-

Hope my info yesterday helped. Looks like a few of the guys are echoing my statements.

Ty

Always appreciate anyone who takes time out of his day to help a stranger. Your info was very helpful. Take care.

Ed

P.S.- Get another TR soon...you only go around once.;)