What is up with V6 Accords and Maximas?

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
These guys think that they are soooo fast. The Maxima is a damn nice car though but come on. This numbnut in a v6 accord pulls up on my ass. So my first instinct was to pull over because I thought he was a volunteer fireman because he had those alien washer lights. So I hit it and he was so far back I thought that he went back in time. IT'S AN ACCORD DUDE, WAKE UP!!!!!

I had a 2000 Maxima SE 5 speed. Nicest car I have owned since graduating hands down, and quick for a sedan. Hardly in our league though. Stillen makes a Supercharger kit for them also. I think the one in F&F had the blower on it based on the fact that there was a Stillen sticker on the Stillen body kit and it actually spun the front wheels from a stop. :rolleyes:

Th new maximas are nice cars. I even like the 2 door v6 accords. Neither are fast but theyre both nice cars.

after pondering this in my mind I came up with some explination.
We all love roomy fast cars. So lets look at it from the GN perspective. Back in the 80s when the GN was made, the Corvette was faster that the F-bodies and Mustangs, whic were both repectfully fast for the technology available. Though the GN was faster and was a lot roomier. So therfore it was totally sweet. OK fast forward to the mid 90s. Again the same staple of Vettes, F-bodies, and Mustangs are here, and what does Chevy do? Drop an LT1 into a Capriece and Call it the Impala SS, instant hit. Everyon loved them even though they were not as fast as some "sports cars" but because they loved the roomy fast car.
So now in the age where a Roomy car is the size of a mid size sedan, in walks highly tuned versions of the import sedans.
Now consider the rice boys that love these cars, They find Civics and integras to be fast if they are turning 1/4 mile times in the low 16 or high 15s(which is good for a Civic with no forced induction). Kinda similar to the F-bodies ruuning mid 14s to mid 15s in the 80s. In walks a roomy car with comfy seats and cool gadgetry that is already running in the low 15s, which is faster than most of their modified rice buckets. So you can compare it to say the GN of the DOmestic crowd for new cars in the late 80s or to the Impala SS of the mid 90s.
I guess what I am saying in short is that the Maxima and Accords that are the "tuned up" veraion from the factory are the GNs for the import crowd. Unfortunately they dont really understand what a true fast car is. I thought 13.9 @98mph was fat in my modified 86 T/A, but one ride in my stock TTA redefined the meaning of "fast".

Was your '86 stock? Doesn't sound like it...

I feel the need for forced induction all of a sudden.

Nope it wasnt stock
350, SLP TPI runners, Eldelbrock 58mm TB, Evverything in the upper Intake Portmatched, SLP TPI Cam, Custom CAI, 1.6 Roller Rockers, Forged Pistons (8:1 for the day when a NOS kit got bolted on) 305 H.O. head(because I went for some expensive internals I ran out of money for heads and figured the added compression would be good for torque until I could afford the Aluminum L98 heads with a nice port job and the NOS kit) Hedman Shorty headers, cutsom true Y pipe, no cat, 3" Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, all the other TPI stuff you need(ie AFPR) MSD ignition, and American Racing Rims
with a 2.77 "Aussie" rear
Tranny was a 700R4 with a Corvette servo, B&M 2500 stall converter, Modified Valvebody(I dunno how, but the tranny guy said it would help quicken the shift, and they were fast) and running Trick Shift fluid

Though I have always wondered what if... what if I took it to the track one day with the Ported aluminum L98 heads, a 150 shot of Nitrous, a 3.42 rear and on drag radials. I think I could have pused that car to a mid 12?

Why the 305 heads if you wanted lower compression for NOS?

Sounds nice, man. I like T/As.

Originally posted by Kyle F
305 H.O. head(because I went for some expensive internals I ran out of money for heads and figured the added compression would be good for torque until I could afford the Aluminum L98 heads with a nice port job and the NOS kit)

Well I ran out of money and couldnt afford the heads I wanted that would match up well with my intake and cam. So I thought why waste money on a crappy set of 350 heads for air flow when I wouldnt have any compression to set off trhe ait and fuel anyways. I knew I needed the low compression, but only if I actually used the NOS that I didnt have on there yet.
So in the end it was a compromise to have some power until I got the L98 Heads. Also another consideration was it only cost me $100 to have the 305 heads re-done with a valve jobe and new seals and I already had them off the 305 I pulled out.

I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

I see said the blind man as he pissed into the wind and said its all coming back to me now! :D

Originally posted by GNICETRY
These guys think that they are soooo fast. The Maxima is a damn nice car though but come on. This numbnut in a v6 accord pulls up on my ass. So my first instinct was to pull over because I thought he was a volunteer fireman because he had those alien washer lights. So I hit it and he was so far back I thought that he went back in time. IT'S AN ACCORD DUDE, WAKE UP!!!!!

<<< shaking his head and laughing @ the Accord Driver

I actually was looking at a brand new Max to use as a daily driver. Very nice all around car. Great performance, nice looks, four doors, etc. They have more power than one would expect. But in no way did I intend to make a "street Racer". :)

Originally posted by Kyle F
after pondering this in my mind I came up with some explination.
We all love roomy fast cars. So lets look at it from the GN perspective. Back in the 80s when the GN was made, the Corvette was faster that the F-bodies and Mustangs, whic were both repectfully fast for the technology available. Though the GN was faster and was a lot roomier. So therfore it was totally sweet. OK fast forward to the mid 90s. Again the same staple of Vettes, F-bodies, and Mustangs are here, and what does Chevy do? Drop an LT1 into a Capriece and Call it the Impala SS, instant hit. Everyon loved them even though they were not as fast as some "sports cars" but because they loved the roomy fast car.
So now in the age where a Roomy car is the size of a mid size sedan, in walks highly tuned versions of the import sedans.
Now consider the rice boys that love these cars, They find Civics and integras to be fast if they are turning 1/4 mile times in the low 16 or high 15s(which is good for a Civic with no forced induction). Kinda similar to the F-bodies ruuning mid 14s to mid 15s in the 80s. In walks a roomy car with comfy seats and cool gadgetry that is already running in the low 15s, which is faster than most of their modified rice buckets. So you can compare it to say the GN of the DOmestic crowd for new cars in the late 80s or to the Impala SS of the mid 90s.
I guess what I am saying in short is that the Maxima and Accords that are the "tuned up" veraion from the factory are the GNs for the import crowd. Unfortunately they dont really understand what a true fast car is. I thought 13.9 @98mph was fat in my modified 86 T/A, but one ride in my stock TTA redefined the meaning of "fast".
I couldn't agree more everybody likes roomy and fast. It seems every few years a domestic company relesases a sporty version of a sedan with room and a little extra something under the hood. It looks like its Fords' turn this time, has anyone taken a look at the new Mercury Marauder? I had a chance to check one out a couple of weeks ago and I was totally disappointed. With all of the hype surrounding this car it really just isn't that great. You would think that Ford would have dropped in a supercharged 5.4 or at least a N/A Cobra 4.6 but instead they released it with a 302 horse N/A V8. Their idea of sporty includes the gauge pod for the water temp and voltage gauges. Maybe GM will hit the mark with the new GTO and its Chevy couterpart. At least it comes with the same ls1 as the F-body it replaces, and generates similiar performance numbers. So maybe they got it right this time now if Buick would just get back into the performance wars where they belong. I mean come on a V12 Caddy and not even a single rear drive buick left other than the family cars used by Funeral homes? Whats the world coming to?

Originally posted by metal-box
I actually was looking at a brand new Max to use as a daily driver. Very nice all around car. Great performance, nice looks, four doors, etc. They have more power than one would expect. But in no way did I intend to make a "street Racer". :)

I was just making an interesting observation. It's interesting that 4 doors are now looked upon as desirable. Back when I was starting to drive around 1980 or so, 4 door cars were looked upon as crap. It could have the hottest engine, but the first words that uttered from everyones mouth was, "yeah, but it's a four door". It's just funny how times have changed.

But the early eighties still had the gas guzzling engines. Back then, there wasnt as much of an emphasis put on economy cars or sedans. Today's car buyers need more than a cramped coupe to haul all their groceries and 20 kids around in. Personally i dont think i'd ever have an F-body as a daily driver just coz of the lack of space, i can hardly get in and out of it as it is. Besides, i like to be different.....ie GN:cool: ........ie HOT AIR GN:cool:

Originally posted by metal-box

Yeah, but it's wrong-wheel drive.