What is the difference between the RJC Girdle and the one Fullthrottle sells?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedtt

Is there a difference in them besides price?? Fullthrottle is cheaper but is it as good?:confused:

I am confused...........

Made in China? What alloy is it? Hopefully not China fasteners. Is it machined in china? Does it fit as well as the USA made girdles?

I bought my RJC girdle from Full Throttle, am I missing something here?

Jason from RJC posted on this board about a month ago stating that his girdles were sent to china and copied. Thus he does not sell his product through full throttle anymore. Do a search and you should be able to find the post

Cheep parts?

Yea, I only like to pay more for the important parts on my TB. But, so far all Iv'e found is stuff that I did'nt want to break and half to replace twice. All though, when I do find these unimportant parts, I'm going to save a heck of a lot of dough:biggrin: .

Just buy the RJC.

Happy spooling.

If I have the choice between two products, one made in China and one made in the USA(not to mention made by a buick supporter). I will buy the one made in the USA. Even if it is $50-100 more. I want my money to support OUR economy NOT china's. I say F#ck china. It does make a difference. I work for ALCOA in the primary metals division. We make carbon anodes used in the production of aluminum. Anodes are also made in china by other companies. If we as a nation keep buying the china alternative then we will put ourselves out of a job. Buy "MADE IN THE USA" whenever you can. later, jeremy

When I saw this I said “no way I am posting in that” but here I am. Once lies and misinformation gets spread it creates problems so lets just get the truth and facts out there.
This new girdle is made in ChinaFACT, this in itself however does not make it good or bad
It is low qualityFICTION, it is steel, it is ground just like the other units on the market (there are 3 or 4 others depending on who you speak to) it is flat and it fits. Aluminum would work just as well, this is stronger than that.
It does not come with ARP studsFACT the supplied studs are Chrome Moly made by Cat and are to spec for the application. If it makes you feel better you can buy a set of ARP studs and still save a good deal of money
The RJC girdle was copiedTOTAL FICTION, a Buick vendor that has made girdles in the past sent theirs to Cat for Production. If you take a look there are a few differences. It was not us like some people have claimed. We did not even know this product existed until Cat offered us a sample with a large crank order. (They are for sale to any Cat dealer, it is not a “Full Throttle” product) We decided to offer it, as it is a good product for the price. We are using one on my 109block/Stage 2 head project car.
We no longer sell RJC products FACT we would have liked to continue to sell RJC products, they are excellent. RJC gave us the choice of only selling their products if we stopped selling this girdle. NO ONE on the outside will dictate what we can and cannot sell. So we were forced by them to make this change
If you are not comfortable with this product, we understand, if you purchase one and are not happy with it, send it back unused for a full refund. There are at least 3 other quality units on the market now that you can chose from, Eastern Performance (the first one available from a Buick Vendor), Lonnie Dires (aluminum) and RJC. There is also some of the original Buick units out there along with the Moroso units that they made many years ago still floating around
Mike Licht

RJC has some nice products, I have some of them & I would reccomend them anytime! But!! When they say to someone that you can ONLY SELL OUR STUFF or FORGET IT, you scratch your head & wonder why??
I mean, we are grown ups & will decide what we want anyways! Dont get that one? I do know that Mike is a STAND UP GUY & bends over backwards to help people! He has been around a long time! I would be proud to have him carry my product, even if it meant a little competition is involved?
Its healthy for us to have options!! To each his own?

I understand patriotism and I dont even understand what you guys are talking about but the only question I have is this . Where is all technology that we use to even look at the screen come from . Not the USA . FYI I worked for a Japenses company for 14 years and drove American built cars until one broke down . Now I have a Japenese car but still own own three american cars . Patrirotism and product choices are two different things . My point is this where something is built doesnt effect the quality of the product . If you beleive it does please turn off your computer , TV and the majority of the electronic devices in your home .

When I saw this I said “no way I am posting in that” but here I am. Once lies and misinformation gets spread it creates problems so lets just get the truth and facts out there.
This new girdle is made in ChinaFACT, this in itself however does not make it good or bad
It is low qualityFICTION, it is steel, it is ground just like the other units on the market (there are 3 or 4 others depending on who you speak to) it is flat and it fits. Aluminum would work just as well, this is stronger than that.
It does not come with ARP studsFACT the supplied studs are Chrome Moly made by Cat and are to spec for the application. If it makes you feel better you can buy a set of ARP studs and still save a good deal of money
The RJC girdle was copiedTOTAL FICTION, a Buick vendor that has made girdles in the past sent theirs to Cat for Production. If you take a look there are a few differences. It was not us like some people have claimed. We did not even know this product existed until Cat offered us a sample with a large crank order. (They are for sale to any Cat dealer, it is not a “Full Throttle” product) We decided to offer it, as it is a good product for the price. We are using one on my 109block/Stage 2 head project car.
We no longer sell RJC products FACT we would have liked to continue to sell RJC products, they are excellent. RJC gave us the choice of only selling their products if we stopped selling this girdle. NO ONE on the outside will dictate what we can and cannot sell. So we were forced by them to make this change
If you are not comfortable with this product, we understand, if you purchase one and are not happy with it, send it back unused for a full refund. There are at least 3 other quality units on the market now that you can chose from, Eastern Performance (the first one available from a Buick Vendor), Lonnie Dires (aluminum) and RJC. There is also some of the original Buick units out there along with the Moroso units that they made many years ago still floating around
Mike Licht

Then why sell the China one???? Aren't we suppose to support our vendors???? Mike aren't you a vendor????? What happens if Summit or Jegs starts selling the same products as you are, what will happen to you if every one jumps over buys theirs. I know it a free country and everyone is entitled to buy whatever they want. Mike you are just adding fuel to the fire.

Eventhou the girdle is made out of steel, it is China steel vs American steel. You tell me which one is better?

How many products does RJC have for the Buicks? Too many to count. How many products does CAT have for the Buicks......2 (Crank and now the bootleg girdle). Was it worth it to you to sell the girdle and stop selling the RJC line?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Everyone is so concerned with the fact that it is made in China:confused: :confused: HMMMM, does anyone know where the CAT and Eagle cranks are finished. :rolleyes:

I think Mike offered a good post to try and clear up some rumors; I've heard things too. I hope this does not turn into another bashing a vendor thread; it really sounds like there wasn't anything personal in nature about supplier choices.

Don't go thinking a request to carry a certain product line, and not that of a competing product, is strange or unusual...it happens all the time. For example, rarely will you see Pepsi and Coke sold at the same establishment.

But I certainly understand why situations like this flare up. Manufacturing sources digs into personal opinions on USA vs ???. Generally, I am sure most forum members remain very Patriotic to the USA and their Buicks. And I too will drive only American made...even though many parts are sourced from overseas and Canada.

In the end, a business decision was made, nothing personal (that I can see). You'll note Mike shared a very positive opinion concerning RJC products.

In the end, I will buy from both, and make my own choice as to what I am willing to pay and my personal perception of quality.

So let's return to your normally scheduled forum topic and let this one die a natural death.

Cheers

Jason Cramer is a good friend of mine and I have had dealings with both he and Mike over the years and I have my own opinions on the situation. The following is an e-mail I recieved that explains Jason's side of the story. I hope he doesn't mind if I post it here.

I’m sure you all have noticed that Full throttle is no longer going to be a distributor for RJC racing. I just wanted to post as to the reason why.

Full throttle (Mike Litch) in conjunction with CAT appears to have sent one of my earlier design girdles over to China and had it duplicated exactly less the quality of course. As a matter of fact I think the one in the picture at Full Throttle is that original earlier version of mine turned over so the RJC Racing logo does not show.

I explained to mike that people expect to see these cheap Chinese copies in such places as E-bay and other non buick businesses but as soon as Full Throttle sells it, it somewhat legitimizes it in the buick community, because, even though Mike does not even own a buick, he was still a respected member of it. I also explained to him that small companies only get paid from the Design and R&D it took to make a product when they sell the production units. There is no money in Design and R&D so what happens when one company does the design and R&D and then another company mass produces this design and sells it cheaper than you can even get the material here in the US? Yes the R&D Company goes out of business. This design that was stolen not only robs the money to pay for the R&D from that product but future products as well.

His reply to me was it is all about selling parts and the companies he represents are not interested in R&D only production.

I asked Mike how he expected RJC to continue sending him RJC parts when he is basically going to forward all of my parts directly to china (or maybe filter them through cat or many other companies so he won’t look like the bad guy) for duplication. I really could not understand why he wouldn’t support the original designers of the parts and actually encourage and promote the china copies when his profit margin is the same. He went on to promise that the original RJC inventory that Full throttle will be missing will be replaced from some other avenue. (Via china)

Mikes rebuttal will be that even though he was the brainchild behind every Buick related product that CAT imports including samples and details of every Buick related item, he had nothing to do with the girdle.

The sad thing is that there was an unwritten gentlemen’s agreement in the Buick community not to copy someone else’s original products. Now that Mike has done this it opens the gate for anyone to copy anything. Which means ALL of the companies that put time and money into supporting our dwindling Buick community will fall to the waste side. No new R&D will be done because as soon as you are done with a product it will be instantly copied and duplicated. We have several new innovative products coming out that we are very excited about but are hesitant to invest the remaining time and money to bring these

Market knowing that they will be pirated.

There are many many differences between the RJC and china girdle. Basically you get what you pay for.

If of you have any questions about the girdle or any of my other products please fell free to call.

RJC Racing
Race Jace
Jason Cramer
435-882-2839

Neal

If I have the choice between two products, one made in China and one made in the USA(not to mention made by a buick supporter). I will buy the one made in the USA. Even if it is $50-100 more. I want my money to support OUR economy NOT china's. I say F#ck china. It does make a difference. I work for ALCOA in the primary metals division. We make carbon anodes used in the production of aluminum. Anodes are also made in china by other companies. If we as a nation keep buying the china alternative then we will put ourselves out of a job. Buy "MADE IN THE USA" whenever you can. later, jeremy

i am with you 100%.

I say if you want to be "Patriotic", join the military, but if you think being patriotic is buy stuff "Made in the USA", then you've got something else coming. Many cars "Made in the USA" are built elswhere (ie Mexico/Canada) or if not they have a majority of there parts from overseas. Its hard to buy American now and days since most of the stuff isnt 100% American and thats becuase "American" companies are all about profit. So to sell you a
$28K Mustang, they have to get cheap labor or parts (ie from other countries) People wouldnt pay $50K for a New Mustang and thats probly what it would cost if all of it was "American" I say choose what product you want to buy on your own morals. Obvious Mike was trying to provide a good product at a reduced price (just like Wal-Mart for example) but the best way to do it is to export manufacturing/labor. And RJC wants to provide a good product made in the USA. Both will probly turn the same profit so nots its up to you to decide where or who you want to support. I could see both points of veiw on this one....... thats just my Freedom of Speech talking:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.