what do YOU do for a living?

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
hello just curious to see what everyone does for a living to pay for these TR's

i have seen some hefty lists of cars in peoples signature so just wondering how they pay for it

I am a construction helper/apprentice kinda thing aswell as full time student

probably why i cant afford a car that keeps running!

looking forward to see other responses

Computer programmer, but just freshly out of college, so my salary is far from enormous, lol. I am trying to get a side business up and going, regarding database work, but until then, my main job is creating web applications, in a nutshell

Originally posted by 87ttypeV8

I am a machine operator for Cryovac Sealed Air Corp and I also have a side business building custom car audio systems (when I have time)

ASE Master Certified Mechanic. Been doing this for the last 21 years and still not tired of it. :D All my side work money goes into my cars. All my paychecks go into the bank (for the wife);)

I work for a highline, exotic, and Muscle car dealer doing internet and sales work. I also am a subdivision of the dealer, and able to place cars I buy at dealer costs on the lot for sale.

I am a Union High Voltage Lineman, IBEW Local 126 Philly. Greatest job in the world as long as you not afraid of heights or High Voltage.:D I would Highly recomend any young guy to get into a union apprenticeship!!!
Ray

Just retired after 15 years in the automotive and transmission rebuilding business, to take over a Family custom cabinet business that was started by my grandfather in the 40's
Its nice to have a toolbox in my garage with 15 years of tools in it. Makes working on my car much easier at home.

Steamfitter,2nd year apprentice...Local#638...NY...Everywhere else but NY,I would be called a pipefitter.(NY...Always gotta be diffrent..;) )

Awesome Job...Great money,And Benefits...And I get to work with a great bunch of guys..

Parts manager for one those snooty high-end German sports car lines.

Ex-millionaire.
2 weeks of Gn ownership wiped me out.

Had been a mechanic at a less then snooty car dealers.

Autobody technician here. Been doing it for 10 years now and I can't imagine doing it until I retire. I turn 30 this month, Someday I might have to find something else to do but it pays the bills for now.

DTE Energy/Michcon service man, i mean "person". local 223. former Ford emp. local 245, auto industury sucks, well at least for systems designers

I install transmissions at the local tranny shop, mostly domestic automatics. Got hired the day before I graduated high school (3 years ago) and don't plan on quitting (working in the A/C without needing my own tools.)

bob

911 Dispatcher for 3 years and Volunteer Firefighter for 6 years.

Working for my degree in Law Enforcement

Brian

Originally posted by 87ttypeV8

i have seen some hefty lists of cars in peoples signature so just wondering how they pay for it

I am a construction helper/apprentice kinda thing aswell as full time student

probably why i cant afford a car that keeps running!

looking forward to see other responses

I'm a car dealer for 30 yrs....and would be muscle car collector...

I'm in the Navy. A little under three years in and a little over three years left to go. I'm a Nuclear Reactor Operator, Petty Officer Second Class.

Re: Re: what do YOU do for a living?

Originally posted by Audiowizard
I am a machine operator for Cryovac Sealed Air Corp and I also have a side business building custom car audio systems (when I have time)

I used to run a Cryovac machine when I was a meat packin' dude. I packed boneless pork loins for Japan export.

Now, I'm a formally trained engineer. Done design work, shop floor engineering, robotic program integrator, supervisor, pay plan administrator and now, I'm on a special assignment for corporate Continous Improvement Implementation. The last two jobs fall under human resources so I've been doing lots of wage personnel aptitude testing and interviewing.

Anyone local to the QC area looking for work as a welder or assembler? Deere is hiring like mad.