What are the brighest lights for a TR??

so i guess the verdict is to go buy silverstars and xtravisions and a few relays and wire everything to come on at the same time? ;)

btw.

oh my god... i was beside a new 3 series last night
holy ****. that thing had the brightest lights id ever seen. i was stunned. we sat at the begninng of a red light..

it threw a full swath of light atleast 100 yards down the road, not just a little spot here and there, it was lighting the road more than the street lights.

a few moments later, he was in the left lane and 1 car back, his lights drowned out my headlights and the car beside me's lights, just the light that made it from underneath our cars was brighter than our lights.

i was just like :eek:

btw if you just wanted to spend ~$400 and get real HIDs..

http://www.misterjung.com/

its a guy off ebay but suprisingly this guy seems like a good guy, he tells the ups and downs to every kit he sells (as in the blue-er kits put out less light) and explains everything pretty well...

Originally posted by TType84
btw if you just wanted to spend ~$400 and get real HIDs..

http://www.misterjung.com/

its a guy off ebay but suprisingly this guy seems like a good guy, he tells the ups and downs to every kit he sells (as in the blue-er kits put out less light) and explains everything pretty well...
Did not see a system for our cars,...
Am I just missing it ,,please inform me:)

if you get sealed beam conversion kits.. known as 'diamond cut lights'.. the ones i have on my car. you would need the 9003/H4 bulb kit

Anyone know what wiring both "low" beam lamps on at the same time does to the bulb life?

Just wondering.

salvageV6

According to Daniel Stern
http://lighting.mbz.org/
using more than 100w halogen bulbs in our "rectangular shaped" lights will cause the lamp & lens to crack at the corners.

I use 160w in the round lights on my Pontiac with no problems.

I use Cibie lights I bought from Dan Stern.

I know I've got one cracked in the middle but I think it was a rock not the high beam of 120 watts.

Thanks for the tip though, must stress the square glass badly, especially in the winter.

Wonder what 2 filaments on at once will do? ;)

I don't plan on any more than 120 a side. Sounds like Dan did some testing the hard way. :eek:

E-Code

for a very in-depth and current write up on the pros and cons of lighting systems available for American Production cars read:

http://www.dimebank.com/Light-up.html

Then take a look at:

http://www.seriousauto.com/lighting/headlamps/headlamps.htm

for Cibe e-code headlamp conversions

the American DOT standard bulbs, unless they are projector type or HID projector are grossly inefficient, even your "pretty" blue bulbs that basically do nothing to help visability while simultaneously blind on coming traffic and pedestrians.

The E-code lamps, while not DOT certified, are vastly more effective at providing focused light where its most needed, on the road and just along the sides of the road.. instead of spread about in one luminous globule.

Read the article and check out the products available. Once I get some funds for the stuff, I'm gonna upgrade my headlight wiring and goto relays ad then go for the E-Code lamps.

I have those lights from Kirban that you actualy use a bulb that u put in from the back. They fried my wires and now my drivers side light goes out all the time and I have to mess with the wires:mad:

if his kit has higher than stock bulb ratings then you should have bought the headlight hot-wire kit from Kirban or Caspers or upgraded the wiring yourself with 12 or 10 gauge.

well, i bought some silverstars off ebay.. $12 for one bulb and $37 for 2 more..

they are 25 apiece around here so 49 for 3 bulbs is cheaper than 75 :eek:

compared to the blue tint bulbs that came with my housings these are a bit brighter, of course they are less blue, id get a picture but i dont think it would be noticeable..

i really wanna get my hands on a set of dot approved diamond cut housings

are the cibie replacements e-code by any chance?

More Sylvania SilverStar headlight info...... went looking for some and clerks at Advance did a computer look up (what would they do without those PCs??) and said sealed beam SS's weren't available for the TR's. WRONG! I emailed Sylvania and they replied to me giving PN's: low beam is H4656, highs H4651. They had them right on the shelves there at Advance. I bought a set of the low beam SS's and they make a tremendous difference in night time illumination! Light appears bright white to me and I don't see any blue tints as some of you voiced. I'm going back to get the set of high beams this weekend. They need no adjustment, simply drop them in the factory mounts. Rebate is still ongoing so you can save $10 per set. I paid $26.99 each at Advance. These work with stock wiring with no need for any relays or other wiring modifications. One well pleased customer of the SilverStars here. HTH.

I got the Silverstars last week....

All I can say is that they are badass! I have 20%tint on my front windshield and night vision is great! They almost have a greenish tint to them it seems....I love these lights, VERY white light. Got all 4 for $108 at Autozone...not including rebate.

these are the exact ones i have, but not installed yet.
http://www.procarparts.com/productimages/8991JEEP-CONVSS.jpg
i bought them at a car show, from a light vendor.

the more i look at the, the more i like them:cool:
i originaly bought them only because they were better than the stock junk, not nessecarily because i liked them.

but i do have a concern that the blue bulbs i have for them will get me a ticket ? but buy looking at this very site with very good pics, i think i'll be ok.
http://home.attbi.com/~threepointeight/lights/

this is a great topic/post !!!!!!!!!!!!

well that is my page and i now have silverstars..

not as bluish, but still crystal white. they are brighter than the blue tint bulbs. if you can take a picture of the procarparts housings up against a wall or your garage door, i wanna see if they have a good pattern. if so ill sell mine and get a set of those...

hella makes a conversion housing but they are like $150 for two so...

yes, very good picture taking, digital ?

my ride is in the garage getting a powerstock fm installed. and since it won't freakin warm up here :rolleyes: i have a hard time working on it. but it won't be long. anyway, the lights are not even installed.

i'm not concerned with brightness, mostly lit highway and suburban driving. i basicly bought them because they looked better than the stock junk.

those blue bulbs ... from a distance, like 1-200yds ... do they look more blue than HID ?

i want to use the blue bulbs if i can without getting pulled over. by looking at your site those blue bulbs(not the smaller ones) in those lenses look EVIL , i like it :) will provide a nice styling touch.

the ones i have are "EUROLITE" by toucan. and XENON BLUE bulbs. i just read the package, and it says the look of HID, and thats what i want.

not bluer than hid, and you wont get pulled over because they are bluish white, not straight up saran wrap turquoise like some import guys..