What 2 expect 4rm carb turbo?

83TurboGuy

Whynd it up
i got on 83 t-type bought the car 4 400 bucks this past febuary
had a broken rod just finished rebuilding i berly sat the engine n with the trance now i gatta hook all the little stuff back n but im woundering should i expect much from it ? do they take off fast ? can it keep up with a 80's monte carlo ss??? would appreciate some answers thanx .

It will outperform a MCSS for sure. It has a lot more potential too.

They do have a lot of turbo lag, but from a dead stop, you can build plenty of boost with your foot on the brake. Build a few pounds of boost and they can launch fast.

First thing first, welcome aboard. Second thing is to read Rich's site front to back. He has a very informative site that will help you quite a bet. Third is to start reading here as well as GN/Ttype .org. There's a good deal of info on this and other sites and you should be able to make the car quite a bit faster than it was stock.

Mine has it. It was an option. Put the car in neutral, jack one wheel up, and and try to spin the wheel. If it wont spin then you have a posi.

not to be rude but your car is also stock so i dont think it can.

If it was running RIGHT it would even without the turbo. Before I had the turbo working on my 79 it would do it from a dead stop. Not much but enough to make noise:biggrin:

If it was running RIGHT it would even without the turbo. Before I had the turbo working on my 79 it would do it from a dead stop. Not much but enough to make noise:biggrin:

i guess i must have had something wrong then. when i had my edeljunk setup it wouldn't spin the tires.

You guys are laughing:mad::mad: Im DEAD serious:mad: my car dont peel out... then again I probably dont need to.
Don't feel bad, I can't "peel out" from a stop in my Regal either (Until boost) and I don't want too, I'd rather hookup with lots of traction.

Lol funny stuff.. my 80' doesnt burnout either!

I have a vid of a very nice burnout in my other regal but im not sure how to post a video.. can i post avi file in theads?