West Coast Nationals (Las Vegas)

Vegas

I wanted to express a big thanks to Razor for personally installing and helping to tune my new alky kit while on his vacation--way cool. He can handle himself at a tough ol' biker bar too. And while I'm at it, I've been wanting to thank Len at performance trans. I didn't know much about these cars several months ago when I bought one (actually I still don't) but if not for him, I'd have sold this thing soon after I got it--he's done it for next to nothing and thrown in some free parts along the way. Another thing that he showed me is how to make a mid 8 second car run 11's while racing for bragging rights against a Supra. You know I'm only kidding Len, we all know there was a mechanical issue." Bummer too, cause we all wanted to see you whoop up on them.!

It was also cool to meet Russ, Otto, Race Jace and some of the others. As for why I didn't run. Turns out that Saturday was my wife's birthday and the funny thing was I didn't realize it until about 5:00 when I'm walking out the door on the way to the track. Yep, I forgot (now she hate's that car even worse). The "I'm taking you to the track for your birthday" joke didn't go over so well so after a quick dinner and some sweet talking, I got there too late. . .

This was my first Buick event ever and it was just cool to meet some other turbo Buick enthusiasts. I was a little dissappointed that there wasn't some kind of scheduled "get together" or something like most of the other car things I've attended in the past. I would be interested in getting a LV turbo buick club started and maybe have a BBQ at our shop or something next time since it was pretty hard to socialize with people between runs at the track especially for a newcomer. Also if we had a club setup we could be the main hosts and maybe get some vendors in on some give aways and stuff. I think we could get a lot more people involved that way and have a lot more fun since everyone isn't racing. What do you guys think (especially the local guys)?

Scott Atk said:
Make sure you introduce yourself, I'm always interested in meeting other locals. I'll have the white "T" with primer bumpers and Iowa plates.

that kinda sounds like a swingers add..... J/K lol

Russ Merritt said:
you know what they say..........WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS. otto and i had a great week together.we spent lots of time together ;) we did get to see some of the vegas sights together.we got to meet big lou.he lives next to len's shop. we went out looking for rattle snakes and found lou.imagine our suprise when otto lifted up a piece of cardboard and there was lou in all his glory.he was laying there naked.so we talked for a bit made plans to meet up later that day.this board is rated pg so ill have to leave the contents of our lil party up to your imagination. lets just say we LOVE the locals here in vegas and plan to rack up some frequent flyer miles in the near future.

WOW!! See what happens when you leave Shawn and Geno unsupervised with a computer and my name still signed on?............ Not good! Geno said he had nothin to do with it...........Yea right! ;)

Hey Shawn, how'd you make out with the jail bait? :eek: :D Get her home safe did ya?

I'M NEVER LOOKIN FOR SNAKES AGAIN!!!!! Not one of our brightest ideas..... None the less, it was priceless.... :D Never ran so fast in my life.......

LV GN said:
jack----any photos from the sat. racing?
Because I was stuck at the trailer which was so far from racing, not only did I not take any pictures on Saturday, I didn't even see a SINGLE pass!

Well, Guess what I got today?

The same phone call that has been seemingly passed around today. I think Mr Hurst's fingers may be sore from dialing. He called while I was out in the field today working on the ranch and I said I would get back to him over this situation, which I both neither knew or know about and have no desire to. I will say that I was asked to remove the thread and "do something about it" .
I told him I would get back to him
Instead I think I will speak my peace here. He may be mad at me , but this is what I feel. First of all , I will speak of what I DO KNOW.

1) I was at the race and in Vegas the whole time. I donated money for Turbobuick.com, I donated money for PTS XTREME, and I gave The winner Paul $100.00 cash in front of everybody after the race for having the best Light with a win in the stage class eliminations. ( Maybe next year Micale will be a little more on the ball, but you know these old guys). I also paid for all my entries and everything else I did. I did not have any Transmission wares or sell anything but I do have a new radiator we took out to show people. I didn't try to sell a thing for Tb.com or PTS. All I took was the TB.com banner which Micale wore "proudly" on his trailer. LOLOLOL
Just little ole me having a blast with a great bunch of guys. I even got to meet and spend time with Len and I think we hit it off great. Start of a good relationship.

2) I would like to thank the guys, Jack, Jon, and Craig for the excuse to go to Vegas that the wife cannot dispute. "It is for TB.com honey"......yea right... what a crock! I enjoyed being with you guys. The Bodrosians, Sod, Manny and Robbie are all great people. Got to spend time with Don Wang, who I felt so bad for, after windowing his motor on the last pass ruining the rest of his weekend. but EVEN at that , he had a smile. Meeting with Razor, Paul, Russ, Otto, Miles, John, Micales and THE WHOLE ARIZONA GANG who I KNOW ATE well, cause friggin Micale gave the bill to the waitress telling her I was paying for dinner at 1 in the morning for 14 people, Which I did without incident. Man am I gullible.
Geoff and Guy, from Hawaii are always great people, and I had a great time with them.
Ask Nick who picked up his wife from the airport on their anniversary while he was playing around with that slow white POS thing he drives.
I helped out a nice guy from Orange County and got him to run quicker than he did previously and he was thrilled. He even let me drive his car for a pass but it was right after Donnie Wang windowed his motor and the car never did hook right. But, first pass in a while and had fun.

3) The people I met, hung out with , gambled with , and seemingly provided dinner for, I enjoyed every minute of it. Reaper, you shocked me sitting right next to me and no clue you were who you were.
Then you got dinner too, huh?
Anyway, To all I met and had fun with , thanks, it was all well worth it. Even though the turnout could have been better, who can say, other than Don Wang, they didn't go home after having fun?
That is what most of this is about anyway.
The racing part we can work on but the friendships and the good times will always be remembered.
Terri Played blackjack and learned it was fun.We all had a good time.
The Hawaiian guys are always a blast to have around. All Joe (gofstbuick) wanted was to meet them. after asking me repeatedly where they were, it turns out Geoff is standing in front of us in line at the track. I noticed it was him and told Joe, "There he is, you can go home now" ROFL.! That BTW was the last we saw of Joe as He was confined to site seeing with the family. Next year he is going with me.

Now, as it will be posted somewhere, The Lens Performance Transmissions decal placed on my rear window looks damn good!! That was another Vegas Classic!!!

All in fun and nobody could be funnier than Mr Miles. What do you really expect from a potato farmer?

Now, Mr. Jason Cramer.
The person this whole BGNRA thing seems to have started from and is about. Well, I have known Jason for quite some time. I know he is brilliant in so many ways, I wouldn't know where to start. Also in lue of being one of the nicest and accomidating people I have ever met I KNOW the one thing he is NOT, is a liar!!!!!!
I would be willing to side with Jason on just about anything the man has to say or do. My agreement with BGNRA as a sponser is I run a banner ad for them and he inserts TB.coms banner in his newsletter. No money changes hands and it is a straight across trade ad. If he feels that I am not holding up my end by not editing this thread in any way shape or form, and he eliminates TB.com from his newsletter, so be it. This thread and it's contents are NOT going anywhere and I would like to see exactly what does come out in the wash. There are 5 people who know what went on here. Steve, Jack, Craig, Jon, and it seems Jason. 4 out of 5 are some pretty damn good odds.
If what has been accusated is true, than , I believe it is a blatent blow to all of us and an insult to those who worked to put this event on that we all enjoy. If it turns out to be not true, which is not looking real good at this point, Than Mr Hurst would be owed an apology. But again, Tb.com has nothing to do with this. Neither do I. I do wish though that this was hashed out in another thread so the people that did have a great time, enjoyed themselves and who maybe took pics could post the pics and their enjoyable experiances in Vegas at the Nats.

Again, I had a fantastic time and knew nothing of any of this, so I am not the one to judge. But like in the NFL, I have not seen or heard from anybody but one person, who we all know who that is, to overturn anything. In fact, I would like to know more about exactly what took place. For the last 3 years I have gave cash to the best light in eliminations with a win. Right there $100.00 out of my pocket after the races and every year but this year, as Paul won it, it went to Race Jace. This on top of sponsering the event, with two seperate businesses, with the expectation of nothing in return.
I realize Mr Hurst may be mad at me, but knowing the people who are involved here, I tend to lean their way. Until I or they, are proven wrong, this thread will live and go on.
I only kinda wish that it wasn't in the middle of all the good time we had.
BTW... Mr. Merritt and Otto, you are not in New England anymore. If you wish to snake hunt expect to find one out here.LOL
The tables were good to me, the community was great and I had a blast , which I desperatly needed. Thanks to all, the people who put on the event, the people I hung out with, and all the people that supported and attended the event. It was a blast as always. I hope next year we can make it even better and I will always be there to support it.

Wow, missed all the drama. Although I destroyed the rear end on the 3rd time trial I had a great time as usual. Thanx to everyone for the push to the trailer and the guys who put on the event. It was a blast. :biggrin:

-scott wile

MR hurst fingers where not sore from dialing but from pushing the buttons on the slot machines in vegas with the cash that was given. LOL :biggrin:

Responding To Prior Accusations.

These entire communications regarding Steve Hurst and the BGNRA are Absurd. About a month ago Craig called Steve Hurst and asked If he would be able to obtain any raffle items. Steve said he would try. Money was never discussed or offered by Steve. Mr. Hurst DID NOT HAVE to take his personal time to obtain raffle items for the West Coast Buick event at Las Vegas. However, since he loves the Buicks and enjoys being a part of the events he did so! Steve also placed a Advertisement in our most current newsletter and on our club website encouraging people to attend the event without receiving any funds to do so.

The BGNRA nor Steve Hurst DID NOT RECEIVE ANY MONEY for placing theses ads. Whoever your reliable contact is stating that Steve received money, have him call me, Richelle Hurst, 714-991-9565.. . I would like to talk to him!!!

As far as Jason pulling something from the past, speaking of the year 2000. . . , , , which we put on the website. . . The Track had told Steve that they would be giving out Trophies, . . . since they did not, this was not the BGNRA's fault. Steve did follow-up with the track about the trophies to no avail . . AND about leaving the track before the ending. . five years ago we also stated that I had and still have health problems, there fore we left early. Apparently Jason has forgotten or needs to be told more than once.

I will not lower myself to you children's antics on the website. . . . you can badger and bad mouth all you want. . you state you do not want help from the BGNRA again. . . fine. . We do not want to be a part of sniffling babies who can't get their facts straight but want to blame, blame, blame, especially Steve Hurst.

Steve came through, raffle prizes were provided, which I assume you raffled off and obtained money for your event. MONEY WAS NEVER PROMISED NOR COLLECTED. . AND YES, I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO THE PERSON WHO SAYS THEY GAVE MONEY TO STEVE. . .

IF STEVE NEVER RUNS HIS CAR AT THE TRACK THAT IS NO ONES BUSINESS. . . OTHER PEOPLE ATTEND THE EVENT WITH OUT BRINGING THEIR CARS BUT JUST LIKE TO BE SPECTATORS AND BE AROUND THE FRIENDS AND BUICKS. .

FINALLY, I KNOW IT IS SOOOO DIFFICULT FOR ANY OF YOU TO BELIEVE THAT STEVE WAS ASKED TO PUT ON A RACE. . . I WITNESSED THESE CONSERVATIONS. . . IF YOU GUYS CAN'T HANDLE THE THOUGHT OF STEVE BEING ASKED TO PUT ON A EVENT, YOU GUYS HAVE A REAL PROBLEM. . NO ONE, NOT EVEN STEVE HAS A PATENT ON PUTTING ON RACING EVENTS.

THESE ACCUSATIONS WILL STOP NOW OR LEGAL ACTION WILL BE TAKEN!!

RICHELLE HURST
714 991 9565
rhursturbo@aol.com

hurstbuick said:
These entire communications regarding Steve Hurst and the BGNRA are Absurd. About a month ago Craig called Steve Hurst and asked If he would be able to obtain any raffle items. Steve said he would try. Money was never discussed or offered by Steve. Mr. Hurst DID NOT HAVE to take his personal time to obtain raffle items for the West Coast Buick event at Las Vegas. However, since he loves the Buicks and enjoys being a part of the events he did so! Steve also placed a Advertisement in our most current newsletter and on our club website encouraging people to attend the event without receiving any funds to do so.

The BGNRA nor Steve Hurst DID NOT RECEIVE ANY MONEY for placing theses ads. Whoever your reliable contact is stating that Steve received money, have him call me, Richelle Hurst, 714-991-9565.. . I would like to talk to him!!!

As far as Jason pulling something from the past, speaking of the year 2000. . . , , , which we put on the website. . . The Track had told Steve that they would be giving out Trophies, . . . since they did not, this was not the BGNRA's fault. Steve did follow-up with the track about the trophies to no avail . . AND about leaving the track before the ending. . five years ago we also stated that I had and still have health problems, there fore we left early. Apparently Jason has forgotten or needs to be told more than once.

I will not lower myself to you children's antics on the website. . . . you can badger and bad mouth all you want. . you state you do not want help from the BGNRA again. . . fine. . We do not want to be a part of sniffling babies who can't get their facts straight but want to blame, blame, blame, especially Steve Hurst.

Steve came through, raffle prizes were provided, which I assume you raffled off and obtained money for your event. MONEY WAS NEVER PROMISED NOR COLLECTED. . AND YES, I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO THE PERSON WHO SAYS THEY GAVE MONEY TO STEVE. . .

IF STEVE NEVER RUNS HIS CAR AT THE TRACK THAT IS NO ONES BUSINESS. . . OTHER PEOPLE ATTEND THE EVENT WITH OUT BRINGING THEIR CARS BUT JUST LIKE TO BE SPECTATORS AND BE AROUND THE FRIENDS AND BUICKS. .

FINALLY, I KNOW IT IS SOOOO DIFFICULT FOR ANY OF YOU TO BELIEVE THAT STEVE WAS ASKED TO PUT ON A RACE. . . I WITNESSED THESE CONSERVATIONS. . . IF YOU GUYS CAN'T HANDLE THE THOUGHT OF STEVE BEING ASKED TO PUT ON A EVENT, YOU GUYS HAVE A REAL PROBLEM. . NO ONE, NOT EVEN STEVE HAS A PATENT ON PUTTING ON RACING EVENTS.

RICHELLE HURST
714 991 9565
rhursturbo@aol.com

What is your basis for legal action? That is a weak threat. Tell your husband to come on here and defend himself then, if he's done nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

Tb.com will not tolerate threats of violence

LV GN said:
well its too bad steve gets to out of hand to speak on the phone to straighten this whole thing out. what i would like to know is where is the 11lb. box that kirban sent him with the dvd's and kirban books and catalog's that went out on the 29th of sept? also I would think it would be safe to say that if anyone gave steve any money for this event and he kept it you can rest assured we will find out and you and he will be the one worrying about legal action. we wont even get into the the threat about punching jason in the face. I think Steve is a little too old for that. and there is not one person on this board that would ever let that happen.

I will chime in here to say one thing.
1) and foremost......If ANYONE threatens Jason or other member, they will be tossed for good. I agree 100% that nobody on this board would ever allow Jason to be punched in the face or any other member for that matter. As far as legal action, if anyone at this point has a the basis for legal action it would be Jason. I have let this pass as I wanted the Hurst's to have the oppertunity to be able to respond or I would have tossed them already for that threat of physical violence. NOT ONE person involved in this thread and/or incident has threatened violence but Mr Hurst.
In any other situation, that would be grounds for instant banning, however, I would like him to have his say. But I will say, one more time and your gone!.
Last warning regarding this type of behavior.

Bruce
WE4
Turbobuick.com admin.

It wouldn't bother Steve too terribly much to be banned, I must assume. After all, these "boards are for babies" unless he needs to promote himself or an event he's hosting. I doubt that if one knew Steve well on a personal level that he would be all that bad, but he lacks finesse to say the least.

C'mon Steve, play nice.

hurstbuick said:

RICHELLE HURST
714 991 9565
rhursturbo@aol.com

GREAT....GOOD JOB DUM ASSES. You guys arn't sposed to piss him off yet!!!! So much contraversy, really next year wait to piss steve off

until AFTER HE POSTS VIDEO OF VEGAS, not before, he hasn't posted any vegas video yet. And now i dought i will ever see it without

coughing up money for a DVD :( :( :( :( :frown: :( :( :( :frown: :(