West Coast Nationals (Las Vegas)

Ok, this is what I just received from Chris Blair at LVMS:
-----------------------------------------
I was told that the Buicks can go in and set up camp as soon as the gates open at 6:00 AM, but it looks like they can't tech till 5:00 Pm, and race at 5:30 Pm (Sat) both times

ROCKABILLY ROD REUNION / SUPER TUNER SATURDAY NIGHT
OCTOBERFEST SUNDAY CLASSIC
RACE SCHEDULE

Saturday, October 15
6 a.m. - Gates Open to all racers, vendors, swap meet participants
8 a.m. - Spectator Gates Open
10 a.m. - Open Hot Rod runs down The Strip (session #1)
11 a.m. - Time Trials for Nostalgia Cars
12 p.m. - Open Hot Rod runs down The Strip (session #2)
1 p.m. - Nostalgia Bracket Round 1Eliminations
2 p.m.- Pin-up Girl Contest on main stage
2:30 p.m. - Hot Rod Car Show Awards
3 p.m. - West Coast Top Sportsman Qualifying #1 / Top Comp Qualifying #1
4 p.m.- West Coast Top Sportsman Qualifying #2 / Top Comp Qualifying #2
5 p.m. - West Coast Top Sportsman Qualifying #3 / Top Comp Qualifying #3
-Conclude Rockabilly Rod Reunion / Begin Super Tuner Saturday-
5 p.m. - Super Tuner Car Show roll-in (concludes at 7:30 p.m.)
5:30 p.m. - Buick Grand National Time Trials/Qualifying (continue until 10 p.m.)
6 p.m. - Toyota Supra Time Trials / Qualifying (continue until 11 p.m.)
7 p.m. - West Coast Top Sportsman Round #1 / So-Cal Top Comp Round #1
8 p.m. - Super Tuner Car Show (concludes at 12 a.m.)
8:30 p.m. - West Coast Top Sportsman Round #2 / So-Cal Top Comp Round #2
9:45 p.m. - West Coast Top Sportsman Round #3 / So-Cal Top Comp Round #3
10 p.m. - Buick Grand National Eliminations
11 p.m. - Toyota Supra Eliminations
11:15 p.m. - West Coast Top Sportsman Round #4 / So-Cal Top Comp Round #4
11:30 p.m. - Fantasy Schoolgirl Contest on main stage
12 a.m. - Super Tuner Car Show awards
1 a.m. - Conclude Event

Sunday, October 16
8 a.m. - Gates Open
10 a.m. - So-Cal Top Comp Association Qualifying #1
10:30 a.m. - Las Vegas Corvette Club / Diesel Hot Rod / Footbrake Bracket Time Trials (until 12:30)
11 a.m. - So-Cal Top Comp Association Qualifying #2
12:30 p.m. - So-Cal Top Comp Association Round 1 / First Round Bracket Eliminations
4 p.m. - Conclude event

does this mean there is nothing on friday? If not we need to set something up like all of us meet at the lounge at the cannery or something like that and catch up.

are we going to be able to run down the track durring test and tune with the hot rods?

Yes, Friday afternoon starting at 5:00 Pm is the test & tune. I was only curious about Sat, and I don't think that the Buicks can run down the track with the hot rods Sat. Under Contact Us: on the LVMS website is a list of phone # to call for further info. I thought that Fri night was set aside for the Cannnery Row hookers. Oops, my bad, just kidding folks, I know that this is a family channel. Cars can run Friday night. My primary concern was when were they going to let the Buicks in the pit area.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to post that I won't be able to maek the race in Vegas due to a delay on my engine refresh. I also have a few more mods for the car and I doubt it will be put back in time for the event. I will however plan on making the Vegas Super car nationals on the weekend of Nov5th 6th.

Wishing you guys the best.

i put out the v-8 challenge.......me vs chris chow.......ill even bet an elusive dinner on the deal ......ill get smoked but if he shows it will be a good weekend

HOLY ****! :eek: where the hell have I been. I just moved to vegas about 10 months ago and I just saw this. fricken awesome i will definitely be there. I was hoping to meet some fellow turbo junkies that lived here. Any particular spot you guys are meeting. I finally just got my GN running perfect today after almost a year battle. This will be the first event that I will have been to with it since I bought it from Wil Wilkerson (new owner of "Tweaked"). I'm giddy like a little school girl. Plus I live pretty close to the track. Today my friends is a good day.

OH and also whats everyone doing Friday night, mostly hanging at the track or what and what times?

Racing is fri and sat afternoon to night. So we will be at the track fri afternoon.Im staying with Len ( owner of Performance Transmissions in Vegas)

How do I sign up ?

Hey, Im going to the West Coast Nats. Just got a hotel last night. Do I need to preregister ? Or can I just sign up there ? It's at the LV Speedway, right ?

Lynn Brown
'87 GN, '89 TTA,
'93 Typhoon

The speedway is located directly across the street. They call the 1/4 mile
"The Strip" thats were well be!
Dont believe you need to pre register

See ya there

Pre-registration closed last Friday. However, anyone can register during the event. Look for Jon, Craig, or I near Jon's very large black car trailer, usually parked between the pits and the "tower".

Lynn D. Brown said:
Hey, Im going to the West Coast Nats. Just got a hotel last night. Do I need to preregister ? Or can I just sign up there ? It's at the LV Speedway, right ?

Lynn Brown
'87 GN, '89 TTA,
'93 Typhoon

granatl said:
Pre-registration closed last Friday. However, anyone can register during the event. Look for Jon, Craig, or I near Jon's very large black car trailer, usually parked between the pits and the "tower".
not to be confused with len and pauls large black trailer :eek: . also come to the shop for Len's crap sale. im draging out all my turbo buick stuff. my crap is your crap!!

LV GN said:
not to be confused with len and pauls large black trailer :eek: . also come to the shop for Len's crap sale. im draging out all my turbo buick stuff. my crap is your crap!!

Ill take the fresh crappy stage 2 engine thats there please