West Coast Nationals (Las Vegas)

granatl

TRCM Author
West Coast Nationals at Las Vegas

Registration is now open for WCN@LV.

Friday night, October 14th - Test and Tune
Saturday night (yes, it's at night this year!), October 15th - Bracket Racing with Supras (their event will go on simultaneosly with ours; the track can easily handle this many cars).

For rules, general info, etc. please contact Jon W.
For sponsorship, hotel info, etc. please contact Craig K.
For problems with the web site, please contact me (Jack B.).

I'm there

Yuppers, I'm planning on it. Hope to run heads up with some of the supra guys...ya I know it's a bracket race but I'm sure I'll be able to get some match races in.

I just spoke with one of the Supra organizers. The Supras are anxious to see the Buicks run. We're hoping to strike a deal for some Buick vs. Supra racing? CC looks to be in, any other takers?

Just want to mention that I was there for the Vegas event for both the Buicks and Supras.

I was pitting for IdahoGN and videoing the Supra dyno session across the way. It'll be really nice to have the Buicks and Supras out at the SAME time! KUDOS.

It was really interesting to see the guys in the Supras having the all the same problems some turbo Buick guys use to have spooling it up at the line.

In some of the cases, I heard some of the Supras have a 50 dry shot of NOS.

I plan on taking the buick with me this year. Ive been every year but the first one. I hope to finally take the buick this years event.

"Any car (street or race) can run in a bracket class, but heads-up classes require a street legal car."

Jack, this rule is from your web site. What are the details that define a "street legal" car?

Nick - thanks for the sticky. Can we do the banner ad again this year (I don't have one ready). Jon has always had that rule in place. A street legal car is one that has current insurance/registration and can be legally driven on public roadways. If this wasn't in place, there really wouldn't be any "competition" in the heads-up classes (i.e., one or 2 trailered cars would totally dominate and scare off people from even entering that class).

Been there every year and I'll be there again. Besides chris, any of the big boys coming out to play?

I want to go. I am going to look into it. I just want to have alky by the time I go for those supras.

Did someone say play in Vegas? I'll be back.

Attachments

• Salem04-1.jpg
    Salem04-1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 683
Ill be flying in again(3rd year) Jim Romanello abd Russ Merritt are supposed to be coming also

How do I get in touch with Craig regarding hotel info?...just wondering what the candidates are...if any...

MSDGN said:
How do I get in touch with Craig regarding hotel info?...just wondering what the candidates are...if any...

Craig is hard to get in touch with sometime; I can't give out his work e-mail and I don't know if he has a personal one. The next time that I talk to him, I'll see where we're at with the hotel -- I wanna say that it's probably still early and there hasn't been one chosen.
From last year's feedback, I'm gathering that most want to stay in the same hotel (whichever host hotel is chosen) so that we can all party together.

Scott Atk said:
Jack, You're not gonna break your car before the event this year.... are you??
Actually, yes. It's going through a %$@$ing :mad: rebuild right now. I'd swear that I used metal shavings + sand as a substitute for oil.