Weatherby vs. Winchester

I have a winchester model 70 in 300wsm winchester short mag and it is awsome very accurate and shoots a very long range well lets put it this way at about 500yrds it does hit a 10inch target on a washing machine panel and keeps on going to who knows where. i would highly recommend it.

Pretty sure the Weatherby Vangards are being manufactured for Weatherby by Howa now. There is your price difference. My first .300 WIN MAG was a Weatherby Vangard and it was a very nice rifle for the money. I think I remember paying $575.00 for it before tax. That was back in 2009. It was accurate and the recoil was not that bad all things considering. However, the Winchester is the superior rifle between these two.

.300 Weatherby vs .300 WIN MAG, there is really no comparison in my opinion. With the Weatherby round, you are paying way too much money for a round that does not perform as well as the .300 WIN MAG. Sure all of these rounds are expensive, but you get serious performance with the .300 WIN MAG. The .300 WIN MAG is the clear winner if you intend to hunt medium game at ranges of 200-800 yards. More bullet types and manufacturer options, better performance at longer distances as well. This round has pretty much become the go to cartridge for today's military snipers.
Just my O2s worth.

Patrick