1986 Regal T-Type - Mint and Original

86regalt

I bought this T-Type from the original owner in December, 1989 and it has been garage kept and not driven in the rain or snow. It is the original White Lacquer paint with the Black out package in beautiful condition with no body work or rust on the entire car. The interior is perfect and is dark red as it came from the factory..... again this car is original and NOT restored!

The original unaltered mileage is 40,500..... once you see the car, you will believe the mileage is accurate. It has not been driven in the rain or snow so it has not been exposed to road salt.

Talk about a trip down memory lane.... when you see this car, you will think you are in a Buick showroom 24 years ago. This is probably the cleanest 1986 T-Type on the East Coast if not in the entire US!

In 1986 there were only 2384 T-Types so this car will probably continue to increase in value if its current condition is maintained.

This car is loaded with factory options...
- 3.8 Liter Turbo V6 with factory intercooler
- 3.42 PosiTrac Rear
- Power Windows & Locks
- Power Steering, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control
- Air Conditioning
- AM/FM/Cassette with 5 band equalizer
- 6-way power driver seat
- T-Tops

The only modifications made to this car are as follows:

- Two Kenne-Bell air breathers
- Custom EPROM to reduce the chance of knock
- Dunlop D40-M2 P235/60R15 tires.

I still have the original parts, including the Goodyear Eagle GT's with 20K miles on them, so the car can easily be returned to 100% stock if desired.

The only reason that I am selling my T-Type is because I desperately want a manual transmission in my weekend car and can not bear to alter the T-Type given its condition.

I have price my T-Type well below the NADA Classic Car guide (New Car Prices, Used Car Values, New Car Reviews & Car Buying Guides - NADAguides.com Official Site) High Retail value. There is no doubt that my T-Type meets and possibly exceeds the High Retail description and is probably close to a #1 vehicle except it is not in a climate controlled garage.

High Retail: $21,230

NADA Description of High Retail Value: This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.

Currently I have Historic Plates on the car which saves money for registration and exempts it from emissions testing which was a waste of my time and money. I have collectors insurance which is less than $300 a year for full coverage and $0 deductible. The insurance policy agreed value is currently $17,000 which is my asking price.

Check out other photos out on my website......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86regalt/sets/72157622833615866/

Please PM or post your questions, comments and thoughts....

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• P6210032.jpg
    P6210032.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,654
  • P6210035.jpg
    P6210035.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,809
  • P6210040.jpg
    P6210040.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,627
Great Price! My 86T, which is Very Similar, and I bought in December of 2006
was also VERY Well Stored and Preserved (Still is of course), and had 6600orig miles, I paid $20k for it..course that was right Before the Recesion...either way Nice T-Type, good luck!!

Sleeping Buick... I have tried to keep my T-Type clean..... I have only driven it 20K miles in 20 years! It does get plenty of looks at car shows when I take it out.

Mr86T-Type..... 11.94 is an impressive 1/4 mile time!

Thanks for the compliments and comments!! :)

Hey WH1.... thanks for the compliment... :)

I apologize for the posted photo of the interior... it was not very clean when I took that photo. I took more photos this morning with the orignial floormats that have never been used so they look new and are the factory floormats that came with the car.

I posted 9 new photos on my flickr account and have tried to attach 3 to this post.... we'll see if it works..... here is the link which should be the same as in my original post.
1986 Regal T-Type - a set on Flickr

I also took a photo of the speedometer showing the mileage and I rounded up to the nearest 500 in my ad so the actual mileage right now is 40,234.

I also reserve the right to end this post if I decide that the manual transmission is not that important to me..... In particular, if I sell the T-Type, I will have to come up with another $20K to get a Challenger with a 6 speed.... if I come to my senses before then I will keep the T-Type. That being said, when someone looks at the T-Type, if they decide to buy it I will honor my part and sell it to them.

The only reason that anyone will be disappointed if they come and look at this car, is if they do not have the money to buy it... :)

Thanks to all for your comments!

Interior - Front on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Speedometer - Feb 14, 2010 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Trunk on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

OK.... well I figured out how to attach photos to a quick reply so it should work this time...

BTW the flash tends to wash out the color of the interior a little bit but I think these photos show that everything is in excellent condition.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3535.jpg
    IMG_3535.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,405
  • IMG_3536.jpg
    IMG_3536.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,412
  • IMG_3532.jpg
    IMG_3532.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,644
Wow! you could have a 3 course meal out of that trunk. That car is super clean. GLWS

Is that an old GTI i see in the one photo? Sweet

Hey CST...

Thanks for the compliment.... :)

I still have the 1984 GTI (248,000 on the original engine, trans and clutch!) although it is not in showroom condition like the T. It does have a kicking stereo and I will have to sell it also to support my 6 speed V8 venture... :(

Hey CST...

Thanks for the compliment.... :)

I still have the 1984 GTI (248,000 on the original engine, trans and clutch!) although it is not in showroom condition like the T. It does have a kicking stereo and I will have to sell it also to support my 6 speed V8 venture... :(

Don't mean to trash up your thread but i used to have 2, 87 GTI 16v's. What a blast drive they were. Not as much power as the Buicks but stuck to the road like glue.

Hey CST....
You're not trashing my thread... it is always good to hear stuff about cars. My GTI is the 8 valve model and fun to drive which is basically why I kept it around after I got my new daily driver....... With the T-Type, I must admit that I do like sideways into 2nd gear and there is no chance of that in a front wheel drive car!

Good and bad news.....

Well I have good news and bad news.....

The bad news is that I am now the proud former owner of a beautiful Regal T-Type. I must admit that I will miss my T but my garage was just not big enough....

The good news is that I think that my Buick has found a very good new home...

Thanks to all who posted comments here......

Steve