WARNING: Do Not Buy From BOOSTJUNKIE

You have 100% because forum rules don't allow linking to a thread you respond to in the WTB section.

If you did not deliberately send me an empty package, you as the SENDER are responsible for making a claim with USPS on the INSURED package. Don't bother giving other people your lame excuse that the local post office didn't know how to initiate a claim.

You were given ample time to rectify the situation, and promised to replace the "lost" part as it was easier for you. You dodged my calls, emails and PMs for months, even when you knew I was about to deploy to Afghanistan. I did all the legwork for you, sending you copies of the letter from the Canada Post inspector acknowledging the package was empty and as such was residing at their undeliverable mail facility in NS, stating you had only to forward that info to USPS and make a claim. I also called USPS custserv, who corroborated the Canada Post inspector's statements, but couldn't do anything for me, or disclose any info about the case, because I was the receiver. You then decided you felt it was "unfair" to you to have to replace the part or issue me a refund after I posted about you here and seriously asked me to PAY YOU AGAIN via paypal to buy another one off you.

Even if you did send the housing, and the contents of the insured package actually got separated from their box, you are a tool for refusing to refund me.

YOUR ITEM WAS LOST IN CANADA ! you have talked to the postmaster and they have conformed this HOW IS THIS MY FAULT ! i have talked to you a number of times and there is nothing i can do . the PO would not alow me to file a claim i did make a few attempts ! what part of this do you not understand ?

YOUR ITEM WAS LOST IN CANADA ! you have talked to the postmaster and they have conformed this HOW IS THIS MY FAULT ! i have talked to you a number of times and there is nothing i can do . the PO would not alow me to file a claim i did make a few attempts ! what part of this do you not understand ?

jasonlachapelle What do we need to do to resolve this ??? This was not my fault so what do you want to about this ?

refund me $72 via paypal. I will send you my address again in a PM. Since it's been over a year, I have since purchased a new housing.

For your convenience, here is USPS' policy on international claims -again- taken from the USPS website:

First Step

The initial step in filing a claim on an international item is to initiate an inquiry for loss, rifling, or damage. The sender must call the International Inquiry Center at 1-800-222-1811 and provide the United States Postal Service® agent with the relevant mailing particulars.

[...]
Who can initiate an inquiry on a Registered First Class Mail International or Priority Mail International package?

Inquiries pertaining to the disposition of a Registered First Class Mail International item or a Priority Mail International package can be initiated by the sender calling 1-800-222-1811 and provide the Postal Service agent with the relevant mailing particulars within 183 calendar days of mailing.

Claims may only be sent when at least one of the following criteria applies:

o No Partner Administrator response after reminders
o Item damaged
o Priority Mail International variable weight or flat rate box (except Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box) - Item was listed as stolen
o Missing contents
o Non-receipt of Return To Sender, 30 days or older.

Mandatory Feedback Forum Rules

IF YOU ARE NOT THE BUYER, THE SELLER, or directly involved in the sale, DO NOT POST IN A THREAD THAT IS NOT YOURS! Posts from people outside a purchase are not welcome, and can be deleted.
think again

refund me $72 via paypal. I will send you my address again in a PM. Since it's been over a year, I have since purchased a new housing.

For your convenience, here is USPS' policy on international claims -again- taken from the USPS website:

First Step

The initial step in filing a claim on an international item is to initiate an inquiry for loss, rifling, or damage. The sender must call the International Inquiry Center at 1-800-222-1811 and provide the United States Postal Service® agent with the relevant mailing particulars.

[...]
Who can initiate an inquiry on a Registered First Class Mail International or Priority Mail International package?

Inquiries pertaining to the disposition of a Registered First Class Mail International item or a Priority Mail International package can be initiated by the sender calling 1-800-222-1811 and provide the Postal Service agent with the relevant mailing particulars within 183 calendar days of mailing.

Claims may only be sent when at least one of the following criteria applies:

o No Partner Administrator response after reminders
o Item damaged
o Priority Mail International variable weight or flat rate box (except Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box) - Item was listed as stolen
o Missing contents
o Non-receipt of Return To Sender, 30 days or older.

Do you understand that your item was lost by the P.O in Canada ! when this happend i gave you my number and over the phone i told you i was willing to file a clam through my P.O. and help you any i could . does that make me a scammer or a tool ! the post master at my local P.O. flat out told me there is nothing that could be done . i will send you a full refund of $74 but before i do you understand this was in no way my fault ?

lol

lol this is why i usually dont post here, on feedback, but dont want to see anyone else get the big root like the rest of the people iv seen on this post in the last few weeks, seems like you have alot of issues with not sending parts to people. yes i was going to buy posi unit till i run across this post. iv watched this post ever sence after i talked to you on the phone, and iv seen it hasnt been resolved yet. so you think im going to send you $210 bucks of hard earned money and not get my stuff think again fellow. you have already messed you name here, karma it will catch up with you sooner or later

lol this is why i usually dont post here, on feedback, but dont want to see anyone else get the big root like the rest of the people iv seen on this post in the last few weeks, seems like you have alot of issues with not sending parts to people. yes i was going to buy posi unit till i run across this post. iv watched this post ever sence after i talked to you on the phone, and iv seen it hasnt been resolved yet. so you think im going to send you $210 bucks of hard earned money and not get my stuff think again fellow. you have already messed you name here, karma it will catch up with you sooner or later

Steve i was the one that sent you a email after 18 days letting you know i never got payment and i was going to now use the unit and it was no longer for sale ! i have no problem with you and was very clear with you over the phone about this posting . like i said if you felt like your were going not to get your part and did not want to buy it why did you call me a number of times asking to hold it till paypal clears ?

ok: you were not responsible for the loss of the item regardless of where it was reported as being lost. That still doesn't change the way USPS international claims are handled: by having the seller call custserv. I'm sorry your postmaster gave you erroneous information. If he is incapable of doing his job correctly, he should be sanctioned. I brought the proper way of doing it to your attention multiple times. I suggested you have your post office clerk call custserv in your presence. The Canada Post inspector (who only handles US claims...) had me forward his office and cell numbers, as well as his email to you to expedite USPS' international inquiry. If you require it, I will gladly re-send you the letter.

I'll monitor my paypal account and will gladly post back once you have followed through on your offer to refund me.

Do you understand that your item was lost by the P.O in Canada ! when this happend i gave you my number and over the phone i told you i was willing to file a clam through my P.O. and help you any i could . does that make me a scammer or a tool ! the post master at my local P.O. flat out told me there is nothing that could be done . i will send you a full refund of $74 but before i do you understand this was in no way my fault ?

the junk

Hi Shawn,

Same ole same ole, still at it! Mr. "one man show". I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you're a great mechanic, period! Your abilities to personally relate to customer situations, sucks! Bull****, don't fix anything! But, nothing will change. As long as there are guys out there in need, you will continue to take advantage.

"members", there are other local Pgh. vendors that treat people a hell of lot better, just say NO to Shawn and go elsewhere.

Violence begets violence, don't go there. Do the legal route, file with the local Magistrate, results are much better.

Wally

Hi Shawn,

Same ole same ole, still at it! Mr. "one man show". I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you're a great mechanic, period! Your abilities to personally relate to customer situations, sucks! Bull****, don't fix anything! But, nothing will change. As long as there are guys out there in need, you will continue to take advantage.

"members", there are other local Pgh. vendors that treat people a hell of lot better, just say NO to Shawn and go elsewhere.

Violence begets violence, don't go there. Do the legal route, file with the local Magistrate, results are much better.

Wally

Hello Wally your the Guy i bent over backwards for a number of times. i Rebuilt and installed a motor in your GN and you had almost no money to pay for it ! so like a fool i did this work for you for pennies on the doller to help you out ! i also fixed your kids Regal trans at Zero Charge! sold you some super clean parts installed a driver seat cover on the GN at no charge . Time goes by and people forget so i am going to post a Email from you WALLY that you sent to me dated 7 29 07 and i have not had any dealing or spoke to you since nor will i THERE IS TO SIDES TO ANY STORY and i belive your email will show my side ! there is a fine line when you do work for people and at a one point a person must draw the line and cut the cord ! Wally BTW i am doing well building and racing cars for me and a choice few peolpe that are willing to pay for GREAT work !and like you said i do GERAT WORK :biggrin: this is the email you sent me CHEERS !

Hello Shawn,

I hope you'll take the time to read this. There comes a time when a person should take the stand and admit his mistakes. Well, this is my time to do just that. When I first got to know you, we did have a respectable and I believe friendly relationship. I would very much like to get that back with you. I don't remember at what point my "panic" started, but it never should have happened. You said to me at that time, "Walt, why didn't you just ask me?". You were correct, I should have done just that. I did not handle the situation correctly at all. For that, I am sorry and sincerely apologize for anything I said to you or others and whatever actions I was responsible for. I am making a sincere effort here and hope you will reciprocate. I know I wasn't a big spender, but at least I paid in cash and I'd like to spend some more.

About a week ago, I was doing some work for the manager at Boston Market waterfront and met some young guys that had stopped in for dinner. The one guy had a beautiful Pontiac, I think '66 or 67' GTO and the other had an '87 blue T top GN. Both cars were in really nice condition and I asked the one with the GN if he knew Shawn from Clairton? He said yes, and I told him you are one hell of a good mechanic.

Well, that's it. I hope to hear back from you, I'd like to, as they say, get back in the saddle.

Thanks,

Walt

junk

Nice try Shawn. On the first attempt to replace my head gaskets, you being the ace mechanic, sheared off a head bolt. That fiasco ended up costing me 400.00 cash. I still went ahead and let you get another block and do a rebuild to which I paid you in cash 2500.00. The whole jist of this is you are untrustworthy and dodge people. Promises to get my car back were repeatedly broken. Phone calls went unanswered, and trips to your shop to question why it was taking so long once again, went unanswered. After hearing some horror stories about shady dealings involving you, yes, I called the Police and threatened to take you to a Magistrate. I had nightmares about my GN ending up in a chop shop. Then, and only then, did I get the car back within a week. The business end of this went out the window. When I picked up the car and paid, you told me, "don't ever call my cell phone again". Yes, I did write that e-mail, in hopes that you would be gentleman enough to let by gones be by gones. But no, you totally blew me off in my attempt to do business with you.
Funny thing, if you keep telling yourself how great and straightforward you are with customers, you'll end up believing yourself. Problem is, there are too many members that don't have much good to say about you. I tried several times in e-mails to do business with you, but you couldn't be bothered. I would not do business with you, 'Shawn's Auto Service" if you were the last choice on the planet. One question though, about a year ago, I ran into another of your dis-satisfieds and was told, you had been banned on both boards for ripping someone off for 400.00? And, by the way, hit the "spell check" before submitting your replies.:D

Nice try Shawn. On the first attempt to replace my head gaskets, you being the ace mechanic, sheared off a head bolt. That fiasco ended up costing me 400.00 cash. I still went ahead and let you get another block and do a rebuild to which I paid you in cash 2500.00. The whole jist of this is you are untrustworthy and dodge people. Promises to get my car back were repeatedly broken. Phone calls went unanswered, and trips to your shop to question why it was taking so long once again, went unanswered. After hearing some horror stories about shady dealings involving you, yes, I called the Police and threatened to take you to a Magistrate. I had nightmares about my GN ending up in a chop shop. Then, and only then, did I get the car back within a week. The business end of this went out the window. When I picked up the car and paid, you told me, "don't ever call my cell phone again". Yes, I did write that e-mail, in hopes that you would be gentleman enough to let by gones be by gones. But no, you totally blew me off in my attempt to do business with you.
Funny thing, if you keep telling yourself how great and straightforward you are with customers, you'll end up believing yourself. Problem is, there are too many members that don't have much good to say about you. I tried several times in e-mails to do business with you, but you couldn't be bothered. I would not do business with you, 'Shawn's Auto Service" if you were the last choice on the planet. One question though, about a year ago, I ran into another of your dis-satisfieds and was told, you had been banned on both boards for ripping someone off for 400.00? And, by the way, hit the "spell check" before submitting your replies.:D

Wally please read your email you sent me i guess your so sorry you feel you must BASH me ! NICE !

(Quote from your email )

( I don't remember at what point my "panic" started, but it never should have happened. You said to me at that time, "Walt, why didn't you just ask me?". You were correct)

(For that, I am sorry and sincerely apologize for anything I said to you or others and whatever actions I was responsible for. I am making a sincere effort here and hope you will reciprocate.)

(Well, that's it. I hope to hear back from you, I'd like to, as they say, get back in the saddle)

you call the police (i want my car )( its taking to long ) and want me to keep doing work for you? ARE YOU KIDDING ME !

Wally READ THE EMAIL ONE MORE TIME THAT YOU SENT ME (7-29-07)

(7-29-07)
Hello Shawn,

I hope you'll take the time to read this. There comes a time when a person should take the stand and admit his mistakes. Well, this is my time to do just that. When I first got to know you, we did have a respectable and I believe friendly relationship. I would very much like to get that back with you. I don't remember at what point my "panic" started, but it never should have happened. You said to me at that time, "Walt, why didn't you just ask me?". You were correct, I should have done just that. I did not handle the situation correctly at all. For that, I am sorry and sincerely apologize for anything I said to you or others and whatever actions I was responsible for. I am making a sincere effort here and hope you will reciprocate. I know I wasn't a big spender, but at least I paid in cash and I'd like to spend some more.

About a week ago, I was doing some work for the manager at Boston Market waterfront and met some young guys that had stopped in for dinner. The one guy had a beautiful Pontiac, I think '66 or 67' GTO and the other had an '87 blue T top GN. Both cars were in really nice condition and I asked the one with the GN if he knew Shawn from Clairton? He said yes, and I told him you are one hell of a good mechanic.

Well, that's it. I hope to hear back from you, I'd like to, as they say, get back in the saddle.

Thanks,

Walt

THERE YA GO WALLY !

Boostjunkie is the man in pittsburgh

Guys,
Said it before and still stick to it....Only guy in pittsburgh that will ever work on my stuff........He is 100% Buick.....Its been over 10 years for me, two cars built thru shawn and Hands down no better buick man in area. May not be fastest or best businessman but he is the best wrench you will find. All this hoopla caused by several so called friends "HATERS" Childish games.

:cool: GO STEELERS :smile:

“Ha! Look.... Wave to Santonio.”

I have know Shawn for the past three years and have had no problems at all.

Go Packers!! The trophy belongs back at home.:cool:

My good friend Shawn, my less than 9K mile engine grenaded about 3 months ago. I have been working feverioushly to gather new parts to have my builder re-do a new engine. The block you gave me developed a water leak on the under side of piston sleeve #2. I just have one question. My builder informed me the crankshaft you installed was "NOT" a Turbo crank. Will you kindly explain, how you, as #1 GN mechanic in Pittsburgh put an NA crank in a Turbo engine?? Oh, and I'm not asking you for anything, Billie Anderson sold me a virgin std. std. Turbo crank and even polished it for me and shipped it for under 400.00. Have a nice day, Wally