Do not buy the 3"OR 3.5" Turbo Inlet pipe from Gbodyparts for the TTA.

JP112_89

Do not buy the 3"OR 3.5" Turbo Inlet pipe from Gbodyparts for the Turbo TA.

I started this thread on Dec 30, 2012... http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...ake-3-5-maf-pipe-in-gray.388770/#post-3138117

3.0" pipe. I must say for $85 you would expect the pipe to be mandrel bent like the one Grumpy did years back....the welds had been grinded smooth inside and out. Not this Pipe! I am not impressed to say the least by their fabrication skills. I asked if I could return this item. At FIRST, I was told"NO" because this was a custom piece made for me. I called BS since he noted on the thread that he had "5" made already. Well after several phone calls to Gbody, he refunded my money last night.

3.5" pipe. First, he sent me the pipe. It did need some tweaking as the bend looks to be way too sharp making the pipe at the MAF end points into the washer fluid reservoir. See pic. I sent the pipe back with a red line on where to cut.
I emailed him stating to "just make the 3.5" piece just like the 3" piece but make the MAF side longer". My email stated 25" long to be exact. I wanted it to go all the way to fender.... Make it 3.5" instead of 3" that's it!!!
Well, he stated at he sold (8) of these 3.5" to TTA owners over the years and they fit well. I call BS again since the angles were too sharp and it points into the washer reservior. So he emailed me that he was angry because everyone else's 3.5" inlet pipe fit. lol

I am upset because I could have choosen anyone to make me a 3.5" maf pipe for the TTA. I decided to stay within the community and... The last thing I wanted to do is post neg. feedback. But after 4 months of BS I have no choice. I do not want any Turbo TA member to be unhappy with the pipes.

Thanks,

Joe

Attachments

• 3maf.jpeg
    3maf.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 3.5inlet.jpg
    3.5inlet.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 178
Wow brotha, that thing really looks like crap! Sorry to hear that, at least you got your money back!

Wow...I wouldn't have even tried to fit those..I don't think they would have came out of the boxes. Horrible product and hope thats not what companies around here are pushing these days....