Vacuum vs powermaster

Yea I havnt looked into getting a set up yet but I should check into the junk yards and a couple auto places and see what they have

Make sure you get the dual diaphragm brake booster not the single one.

I got mine for an 1988 Monte Carlo at autozone.

You can buy it as a complete assy brake booster/ master cylinder but i choose to buy them individually it was about $30.00 cheaper that way and they had them in stock at the store. If i wanted the assy brake booster /master cylinder they had to order it. It's been awhile since i bought them but was about $150.00 for both with lifetime warranty, but i've never had to touch either one in all this time.

Where did everybody tap into with the vacuum brakes at

I first did like everyone was doing at the time and tapped into the pcv hose with a "T" fitting. But my brakes didn't work very well hooked up like that. I bought the aftermarket aluminum vacuum block that mounts on top of the throttle body with the vac. port fitting for the brake booster connection and that solved the problem for me.

Last edited:
After 3 near death experiences with pm s I went to vacuum and only regret is I didn't do it sooner. No brainah if you ask me.

Concerning brake options.....we got all the different versions hydroboost, pm, and vacuum even have vacuum pedals or just the proper size pin to weld to your stock pedal in the proper placement with another kit we sell. (This kit is about $50 cheaper as you don;t get the vacuum brake pedal just a pin to weld to your stock pedal. also the front steel brake hoses to replace your 25 plus year old rubber hoses. Our master cylinders are brand new boosters are rebuilt with warranty....

Also have the vacuum block and brand new foam gasket to firewall. Vacuum is the hot selling unit for us of all the brake formats.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

You are correct most auto stores don;t stock the parts for these cars as they are too old now.

Since the hydroboost parts for the 84-85 TR's are so readily available, and cheap, why do most people go convert to vacuum over HB?

Since the hydroboost parts for the 84-85 TR's are so readily available, and cheap, why do most people go convert to vacuum over HB?

The 84-85 hydroboost unit is not readily available at one time Cardone had cores and we sold them as units but exhausted their supply of cores...besides 84-85 is not the best hydroboost method to go with the custom hydroboost systems that companies sell are better.
again this is my opinion.

vacuum units outsell all the other methods....period....based on our sales.

one related tidbit cardone is very close to having aluminum brake drums reproduced as they are waiting on samples. We have been instrumental in having them get this part made.

denniskirban@yahoo.com