V8 cars go somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know about you guys but I am tired of the V8 threads on this board. Convert your car to LS1 or V8 other than Buick and dont even own a Buick powered car anymore. Go hang out somewhere else.

I like your way of thinking...lol :cool:
I don't come to this site anymore, primarily for this reason!!!

got a 1989 Turbo Trans AM? head to an F body board...
Those cars are BUICK POWERED & should be WELCOMED here! :cool:

I'm just an over the hill old timer, been around when these T-Rs was new on the show room floor.
I'm all about Buick-brand-loyalty I think that has been gone for years. It has also been my opinion that there is no or low Buick loyalty on this site. I think it's a younger generation that doesn't even know what a Buick Wildcat or GS is!! :confused: I think most people on here now are people who own a Buick but are obviously not Buick people. There is more to Buicks than turbos.

It amazes me the most common talk or action is putting chevy motors in their Buicks. Why not use a Ford or Mopar engine people?? I mean if you gonna go BRAND-X, have some style, be unique!! Everyone in the trailer park has already put a chevy motor in a Buick body.
Non-Buick powered IS non-Buick powered! Bottom line, end of Story!!

I've been out of racing (my own cars) for years.
Yet I have lived it through one of my best friends and his wallet via his 4 sec 1/8 mile Stang.:biggrin:

So to answer the questions or smart ass-comments why don't you build this V8 Buick and show us how bad you are buicman69??:
I personally have been focused on business and making money over the last 10-12 years. I want to have something so that I don't have to be a Wal-Mart greeter when I am 85. This is my plan!! I already pissed away more than some people make in a year 20 years ago on going fast! Already done, and done it with BUICK POWER!! Now I gotta make up for it.
When I get to a certain point hopefully within the next decade, I will come out with a BAD-V8 Buick. Why people think they gotta go chevy I will never understand. It's a free country, at least for now.

Whoops here comes the internet police to put a lid on this conspiracy :rolleyes:..but for those of you who have no idea.......there is such things as V8 Buick engines that was cast up till the late 70s. Your 231 Buick V6 is a Buick 350 minus 2 cylinders. Buick 350s are lighter weight and have longer strokes than a chevy.
You can make 600-1000hp and MORE with them. One fella got 1,200hp out of his Buick 350 5 years ago. Just add a girdle like you would the V6. It CAN be done, 350 or 455 V8 Buick. A friend is running 10.00s and weighing 37-3,800lbs with his 455 GS. ALL MOTOR and drives it anywhere on the street on 93 pump gas! Imagine a turbo or better yet a 150-200 shot of nitrous!
Just trying to broaden the younger generations horizons here... think out of the box!

Obviously we can't buy a new Buick cause Buick no longer exist and I darn tootin ain't buying that junk with a Buick emblem slapped on it and a caddy or chevy motor under the hood.
One thing I like about hanging out with Mopar or Ford people is brand loyalty. If I am at one of their events or surfing their discussion boards on the net.. they always talk about and going fast with their own. They may have just bought a new Challenger, or Stang for a daily driver, but they got a '68 Roadrunner or '70 Fastback in their garage. Their truck is a Dodge or Ford.
They stick with their brand!

Back to the topic about the board, I'd love to see V8 Buick and Turbo Buick boards reference each other. Better yet have a V8 Buick .com and Turbo Buick.com event together. ALL BUICK. Don't think it'll ever happen.

Now I gotta go spend some time on CNBC and Fidelity site and see how much $$$$ I lost today...;)

Hey ur the one lookin for him. He lives 10 minutes.from u Go find him and lmk when u do. I will be there to drive v6 or v8 or both matters not to me. I got some $$ to put on it we'll see what u show up with first.

If he is driving it around on the street like you say, he will be found. Hope you are there with training wheels. The video will be rolling too. :biggrin:

Scott nothing you post surprises me. Nor interest me.
SHOCKER! But No One ever asked if you actually cared nor ever mentioned that this was YOUR thread so I could care less!! I just posted my thoughts... Who really is taking into effect what you post or think like wise?

Scot W.

You got it!!!!!!!!! I see guys on this board with 12 sec to 10 sec cars Or asking questions on how or where to go to build a 9 or 8 sec TR. Then you have another fella breaking out the ultimate wisdom to inform them that they should swap to an LS because life would just be better and how cheep it is BLAH BLAH. They dont bother to tell them not only will they kill the value of their car and also destroy a car that has a great performance history. When their TR is more than capable of running the times listed for comparable money. These guys IMO have no real love for the Turbo Buick and the respect this car deserves. When you decimate you TR this way it becomes a Monte or a Cutlass or point being nothing special anymore. The funny thing is the guys I see do this spend more and go slower. This is a small group and would bet if you average the turbo group you would find that we have a faster group on average. You see it at the local tracks. You see it online. The local guys sure aren't breaking any records. These LS guys that make remarkable power are very few and spent big dollars to do it.
You are also forgetting the simple FACT that this is "THEIR CAR" to do what ever the hell they want to with it.... What about the guy that spent 40-50,000 dollars on building a TSM car that went through 5 engines in the last two years just to put up a 9.60 time slip??...... Are you going to bash them now too? Those kind of guy's are getting sick and tiered of spinning their wheels on this dreaded power 6 bull ****....An easy swap to a V8 like Dusty Bradford would make life SOOOO much easier... I know they are watching this thread with a fine tooth comb and maybe they will reply but when is enough, Enough?.... Easy to through stones, Easy to cast outcomes, but it's not easy to keep rebuilding engines to keep competing against yourself!!!.... Buick events= Dying breed!! Plain and simple!!! Why you may ask? Just look around for gods sake..... It's dieing and there is no mistaking that...... How do those recoupe? I have no idea, maybe good ole Lonnie has an idea..... :rolleyes:

SHOCKER! But No One ever asked if you actually cared nor ever mentioned that this was YOUR thread so I could care less!! I just posted my thoughts... Who really is taking into effect what you post or think like wise?

Scot W.

Obviously you care or you wouldn't waste your time.

Turbo ls engines are doing awesome around here. Out of the 300 cars they let in every Friday night at the test and tune, there has not been a 9 sec ls in any car yet. Now there have been plenty of 9 sec v6s, v8 fords, etc but not a single ls in nitrous or turbo forum. I think some of you guys out there read too much hot rod magazine.

You are also forgetting the simple FACT that this is "THEIR CAR" to do what ever the hell they want to with it.... What about the guy that spent 40-50,000 dollars on building a TSM car that went through 5 engines in the last two years just to put up a 9.60 time slip??...... Are you going to bash them now too? Those kind of guy's are getting sick and tiered of spinning their wheels on this dreaded power 6 bull ****....An easy swap to a V8 like Dusty Bradford would make life SOOOO much easier... I know they are watching this thread with a fine tooth comb and maybe they will reply but when is enough, Enough?.... Easy to through stones, Easy to cast outcomes, but it's not easy to keep rebuilding engines to keep competing against yourself!!!.... Buick events= Dying breed!! Plain and simple!!! Why you may ask? Just look around for gods sake..... It's dieing and there is no mistaking that...... How do those recoupe? I have no idea, maybe good ole Lonnie has an idea..... :rolleyes:

Hi Scott,
I have no clue what dope you are smoking but please pass it around. I am not bashing anyone. I am simply saying if you change over to a v8 you no longer own a Turbo Buick. Since its the BUICK V6 that makes it a Turbo Buick to begin with. When you do change please move on to the Chevy site where you belong. Don't spew you BS to us loyal Buick Turbo guys.

If I were blowing up engines as you reference. The V6 is not to blame. Find someone you trust to help you figure out what your doing wrong. Start by contacting someone that owns or builds 9.50 cars and not the 13 sec expert. There are many on this site that will help if asked. Installing a V8 isn't magically going to make for a good tune or combo. Have the fella send me a e-mail I will do my best to help if I can and they are willing to listen. Building a reliable 9.50 TSM style engine is not hard to do but it needs to be right. Its guys like yourself that run off the guys that have the info to help in fear of having to do what I am doing right now and that's argue with you.

I personally contacted two guys on this website about their 3800 installs. They were more than glad to answer my questions I am am quite sure I wore them out with questions.

Turbo ls engines are doing awesome around here. Out of the 300 cars they let in every Friday night at the test and tune, there has not been a 9 sec ls in any car yet. Now there have been plenty of 9 sec v6s, v8 fords, etc but not a single ls in nitrous or turbo forum. I think some of you guys out there read too much hot rod magazine.

Exactly Kevin

OR none of those guys know what the hell they are doing!! To me it is very simple mathematics...

I have several friends with simple LS2 engines in Pro-touring cars that run 8's in the quarter mile.... And that isn't an all out drag set up like one would assume like here on this site and in this thread.......

You and the rest of the guys can not be stupid enough to think that ALL of the LS engines are the same!!! Come on now... there is tuning, there is build differences, there are different car similarities, a whole slew of variables that come into effect but you are coming on here with that? :rolleyes:

I will also put up money to Chris's challenge with the LS vs LC2... I personally know of a BUNCH of pro-touring cars that are not even set up for drag race that would be eager to participate against such challenge. and are well into the 8's with their street driven car with A/C, and 24 MPG.....

Just because the people you know can't perform doesn't mean they all can't!!!

Scot W...

OR none of those guys know what the hell they are doing!!

I guess this only applies to LS owners and not V6 owners

To me it is very simple mathematics...

Please post that Formula we all would like to see it.

I have several friends with simple LS2 engines in Pro-touring cars that run 8's in the quarter mile.... And that isn't an all out drag set up like one would assume like here on this site and in this thread.......

My Mother's, Brother's, sister's, cousin's, uncle's room mate has a pacer that runs WTFE :rolleyes:

You and the rest of the guys can not be stupid enough to think that ALL of the LS engines are the same!!! Come on now... there is tuning, there is build differences, there are different car similarities, a whole slew of variables that come into effect but you are coming on here with that? :rolleyes:

Once again I see that only applies when you are talking LS engine and not Turbo buick v6s. Its the real world out there at the track. It is what it is. Put the Hot Rod Magazine down. Get out of the recliner and experience for yourself.

I will also put up money to Chris's challenge with the LS vs LC2... I personally know of a BUNCH of pro-touring cars that are not even set up for drag race that would be eager to participate against such challenge. and are well into the 8's with their street driven car with A/C, and 24 MPG.....

Just because the people you know can't perform doesn't mean they all can't!!!

Scot W...

I think you need to reread the challenge and bring your cash you will need it.

Hi Scott,
I have no clue what dope you are smoking but please pass it around. I am not bashing anyone. I am simply saying if you change over to a v8 you no longer own a Turbo Buick. Since its the BUICK V6 that makes it a Turbo Buick to begin with. When you do change please move on to the Chevy site where you belong. Don't spew you BS to us loyal Buick Turbo guys.

If I were blowing up engines as you reference. The V6 is not to blame. Find someone you trust to help you figure out what your doing wrong. Start by contacting someone that owns or builds 9.50 cars and not the 13 sec expert. There are many on this site that will help if asked. Installing a V8 isn't magically going to make for a good tune or combo. Have the fella send me a e-mail I will do my best to help if I can and they are willing to listen. Building a reliable 9.50 TSM style engine is not hard to do but it needs to be right. Its guys like yourself that run off the guys that have the info to help in fear of having to do what I am doing right now and that's argue with you.

I personally contacted two guys on this website about their 3800 installs. They were more than glad to answer my questions I am am quite sure I wore them out with questions.
I am smoking No dope what so ever unlike most of the crew that are buying transmissions from you in your area... :rolleyes:

If and when I choose to go to an LS engine it will be my choice and my decision for MY car, Did you hear that? MY CAR!!!! and it will not be mentioned any place other than the V8 Section where it is allowed to be mentioned and I will proceed to post up a very detailed thread of my build for those "Not so Loyal" Buick guy's to learn from!!... ;)

I am not referring to YOU as blowing up the engines per say and YES it is the 109 block v6 that is to blame..... Are you telling me that when one is wanting to run low 9's or even high 8's that the Buick 109 isn't on the ragged edge? If so, you would be completely lieing to these members.... And also let's mention the amount of passes made on the 109 each year before a rebuild to accomplish this task.... This is NOT talking about a 13 sec builder to build a 8-9 sec car either.... :rolleyes: I have been around some of the top engine builders out there today and are you gonna call me a lier now?

I do not need to have a customer call you to guide them to a 9.50 build when they have already been faster.... Person in mind has also been through several blocks with one of the best builders on this board and is sick to his stomach and tired of going through engines just to make the next race.... It's obviously not me, it's obviously not him, it's obviously the engine block... It has limited MANY right now trying for the 8's in TSM with the legal set up...

I am done here but if you and Mike want to follow through with this so called test, then I am in and I will round up the people that I know have there LS engines working for them....

SW.

I guess this only applies to LS owners and not V6 owners

Please post that Formula we all would like to see it.

My Mother's, Brother's, sister's, cousin's, uncle's room mate has a pacer that runs WTFE :rolleyes:

Once again I see that only applies when you are talking LS engine and not Turbo buick v6s. Its the real world out there at the track. It is what it is. Put the Hot Rod Magazine down. Get out of the recliner and experience for yourself.

No "Hot Rod magazine" in hand nor is there a recliner Lonnie just real life experience, I experience the real deal every month there big guy by the car we race at the track ourselves and all my spare time is consumed!!! It happens to be a Proline built small block Ford and it is cheaper to build and faster than most v6's on this board so if you just ASSUMED that I was just selling parts and not racing and just sitting a recliner, you along with everyone involved are completely wrong!!! :biggrin:

This car to date has been 7.60's @ 191.30 mph in the 1/4' on a TRUE 28 x 10.5 tire with just a small block and a 98mm turbo!! No DBB, No billet wheel, Just an old Large frame turbo...:biggrin: Currently racing 1/8TH mile "Pro Street Bounty class" at I-40 dragway for a purse of $2,500-3,500....

So keep preaching there L/D!!! I have MANY friends and great customers that along the years have shared their experiences with me and I have seen their downfalls along the way. I have also been there and done that with a complete TSM engine and was disappointed at the time and money it took to get the results and I can completely agree with some to go the LS route.... I do not preach the change over, but I understand it and I understand that it is THEIR car to do what ever it is they want to with and I personally want them to be 100% happy and enjoy their car to the fullest with whatever it is they decide to do with THEIR car....

Enjoy your day!
Scot W.

Attachments

• mmfp_0607_05z+ford_mustang_drag_race+turbo_funny_car_drag_race.jpg
    mmfp_0607_05z+ford_mustang_drag_race+turbo_funny_car_drag_race.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 219
  • Mustang.jpg
    Mustang.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Mustang 2.jpg
    Mustang 2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Mustang 3.jpg
    Mustang 3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 222
I do not need to re-read anything and I will bring cash as I usually support most of the Buick events, Where are you and your support?

SW.

Read the challenge carefully. There's a reason they prefer the 4788 turbo for this test. It's basically a perfect match for a 274ci V6 or a 4.6 Modular motor. It will make more power than a larger engine because the turbine side will cause issues for a 350+ci engine. It proves nothing other than an 88mm will make more power on a smaller engine.

The test most would want to see is hp per dollar without limits on turbo sizing.

I do not need to re-read anything and I will bring cash as I usually support most of the Buick events, Where are you and your support?

SW.

Scott you sir will never bring to the Buick community what I have and many others have over the years. Cash included. I posted on the this forum before anyone ever knew who you were I would never put another dime in any race class ever again. I have held true to that promise. I owe you nothing including an explanation. I am not sure whos a$$ you kiss but you have pi$$ed all over this thread and taken it so far away from its topic its not worth spending another minute on. Please hurry and make the swap so only the other V8 guys will see your ignorance in that section and save the rest of us from it. You can continue to babble your BS I am done with it.

Read the challenge carefully. There's a reason they prefer the 4788 turbo for this test. It's basically a perfect match for a 274ci V6 or a 4.6 Modular motor. It will make more power than a larger engine because the turbine side will cause issues for a 350+ci engine. It proves nothing other than an 88mm will make more power on a smaller engine.

The test most would want to see is hp per dollar without limits on turbo sizing.

Dusty I like how you post its a test we want to see. It applies to what has been talked about in this thread and the cars that V6 BUICK OWNERS race. No one cares about unlimited but you. Unlimited only applies to what YOU WANT TO SEE. Its was said the V6 will make more power in the turbos we commonly run over the LS. Thats not large frame 106s BTW Its 88s 70s 76s 67s 44s etc.

You want to see dollar for dollar? Take a 70 hang on an LS and show JW how its done. That applies to this thread that you and the JACKA$$ Scott continue to take way off course.

I am smoking No dope what so ever unlike most of the crew that are buying transmissions from you in your area... :rolleyes:
SW.

Scott you can say anything you want about me. I personally dont care.

You say one more derogatory thing about my business or my customers and we will have conversation but it wont be over this keyboard. You can take that however you choose. I will never attack someone like that. I sure did not think you would.

Man, you guys just don't get it. How come this conversation keeps turning into one about 7sec unlimited HP motors that very few will build or race:confused:

Dusty, it proves my point EXACTLY. If building a 1000-1200hp motor (88mm turbo and less) why would one go to a LSx motor when it can be done better and easier with an 88mm or smaller turbo on a Buick V6:confused:

THAT WAS MY POINT ALL TOGETHER

I even said multiple times the LSx motor will pull away once turbo size gets above 88mm:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Scott, I'm shocked you obviously have some personal issues with Lonnie. If Buick racing is something you hold near and dear you have a very skewed out look on things as some of your opinions do nothing to promote the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.