Updates on TTA diecast

Alright Matt said that as of right now they're planning on keeping the light bar and hatch panels because their licensors prefer that the model stay historical. However as many of you have noted they'll already have the hatch that we would like being made for the GTA, so he's going to talk with the head licensor to see what he can do.

Maybe we can see about trying to get a run of both or something since they won't need to make any new molds or anything. I wouldn't mind having one of the actual pace car, but like you guys I would also like to have a couple that actually match my car too.

Alright Matt said that as of right now they're planning on keeping the light bar and hatch panels because their licensors prefer that the model stay historical. However as many of you have noted they'll already have the hatch that we would like being made for the GTA, so he's going to talk with the head licensor to see what he can do.

That's understandable to keep it like the real pace car. I take it it will be a cloth/ttop car then (or at least clothing looking plastic) since that was what the pace car was.

And by the way, Jared - thanks for all that you have done with this and keeping us in the loop. We appreciate it.

This is fun - like buying a TTA all over again!

Chris

I'm with Jim & Jan - I would rather the diecasts look like our cars and not the actual pace car.

Jim, I thought I had preordered too many until I heard how many you ordered! I'm tempted to go back and get some more! :biggrin:

Chris I just ordered more to make sure I get #231! ;) :biggrin:

I'm also with George.. if they are going to put those stobes back there make em really work! :cool:

That's understandable to keep it like the real pace car. I take it it will be a cloth/ttop car then (or at least clothing looking plastic) since that was what the pace car was.

And by the way, Jared - thanks for all that you have done with this and keeping us in the loop. We appreciate it.

This is fun - like buying a TTA all over again!

Chris

Yeah it's a ttop car and I'm sure the interior will just be tan plastic, won't be able to tell the difference in cloth vs. leather. And don't worry I'm just as excited about them coming out as you guys are. I've been talking back and forth with Matt since like July helping him work on the model.

Chris I just ordered more to make sure I get #231! ;) :biggrin:

I'm also with George.. if they are going to put those stobes back there make em really work! :cool:

well then you can also follow George's motto and buy some little light and make some lenses and make them work :biggrin:

Yeah it's a ttop car and I'm sure the interior will just be tan plastic, won't be able to tell the difference in cloth vs. leather. And don't worry I'm just as excited about them coming out as you guys are. I've been talking back and forth with Matt since like July helping him work on the model.

I wish they would make a T top or moon roof GN diecast like this one! I think it's a project for you to make them do Jared! :cool:

Model

It was not a link. If you read the description for the model on their web site it lists a white interior.
James

:cool: :cool: Jim,
Didn't GMP make a GN with a T-Top?
I have a burgundy Type T in 1/18th scale.
I don't remember if it's a T or not.

Jared,
Gee, if anyone can talk them into making another 20th TTA, without the lights and pace car stuff, and just the regular production style cars like all of ours, and number them, and try to get the numbers to the owners, that would be awesome!
Heck, have the decals for the doors and windshield off to the side, to be put on like the owners do with their real car!
On another side, can they do a numbered thing like GMP?
The build number on a copy of the car's invoice.;)

George:cool:

Jim - If you can convince them do the like 1982 Regal I think it was that paced the Indy 500 they might do a GN. I dunno how many differences there are between that car and an 87 but they'll already have most of the motor cast correct.

James - Ignore the website then because they have a receptionist, or someone who updates their site, and they don't know anything about cars. They messed up and had a Notchback picture on the website for a long time.

George - The reason they don't want to put the numbers on the outside of the boxes is that they've tried it before and had problems with shipping and people stealing the low production numbered ones. I can ask about them maybe making a mini title for the car and for the VIN put like the production number or something instead.

Tell them to build it like the 1547 production cars not used at the race(pace car) were.

I'm not buying one if it has the nasty looking pace car/light treatment.

I have better things to spend $50 on

Its a shame too.

Yet, they are making the identical hatched GTA?

Tell them to build it like the 1547 production cars not used at the race(pace car) were.

I'm not buying one if it has the nasty looking pace car/light treatment.

I have better things to spend $50 on

Its a shame too.

Yet, they are making the identical hatched GTA?

They have a link to this thread and I've told them that the enthusiasts who will be buying most of the models have collectively said that they would prefer to see it built how the production car was built. Personally I think it looks cleaner without the lights, and I would like to see it without them too.

They have a link to this thread and I've told them that the enthusiasts who will be buying most of the models have collectively said that they would prefer to see it built how the production car was built. Personally I think it looks cleaner without the lights, and I would like to see it without them too.

Power to the People [puts fist up in the air]

I just ordered mine. If I get a number that one of you is looking for I would be happy to trade.:smile:

Newbie Alert!

Hey folks, I probably shouldn't make my first post here ... But this is the first thread I clicked on. I'm a newbie here, but a veteran of other boards - I recognize some of the names here from the 'other' TTA site I visit.

Anyway, if the car is right when it's done I'd love to have one - Especially if I can get my own number. I personally would be much more inclined to buy one WITHOUT the light bar, and would encourage the company to look at the market potential against the wishes of their licensing authority.

Make what people will most likely buy - That's a good rule to run a business by. I was really surprised to find out there wasn't already a good diecast for these cars. Low production numbers I know, but awesome rides!!

Mike M

Hey folks, I probably shouldn't make my first post here ... But this is the first thread I clicked on. I'm a newbie here, but a veteran of other boards - I recognize some of the names here from the 'other' TTA site I visit.

Anyway, if the car is right when it's done I'd love to have one - Especially if I can get my own number. I personally would be much more inclined to buy one WITHOUT the light bar, and would encourage the company to look at the market potential against the wishes of their licensing authority.

Make what people will most likely buy - That's a good rule to run a business by. I was really surprised to find out there wasn't already a good diecast for these cars. Low production numbers I know, but awesome rides!!

Mike M

yeah it would be nice if it was that easy though. It's up to the licensing company how it is made because they're the ones licensing it otherwise they wouldn't be able to make it period. I'll send them another email to see how the progress is going with trying to work it out to not having the lights under the spoiler. The cars are being made correct in every other aspect, we've used many pictures from my car and the actual pace car to work towards what will be the final product.

yeah it would be nice if it was that easy though. It's up to the licensing company how it is made because they're the ones licensing it otherwise they wouldn't be able to make it period. I'll send them another email to see how the progress is going with trying to work it out to not having the lights under the spoiler. The cars are being made correct in every other aspect, we've used many pictures from my car and the actual pace car to work towards what will be the final product.

So nice how you forgot to mention it took me about 3 days and 60 pictures to get the perfect on for you....:biggrin: