Updates on TTA diecast

72firebird

Alright I know there's a couple other threads but I thought I would make a new one. Greenlight Toys has been working hard trying to make the nicest and most correct TTA they possibly can. There's a new photo posted on their website of the current state of the prototype GreenLight Collectibles > Diecast Collectible Cars I've been helping them out with some subtle changes and I would just like to say that you will not be dissapointed. The production is going to be limited (I can't seem to find the exact figure in my email but I want to say it's going to be around 1000-2000 models) so get your orders in early. I would suggest ordering from one of the distributors on their site to make sure you will be getting your product.

I have personally seen other preproduction photos, and you will be amazed with the detail. I liked how it was before but now he's telling me they're going to be adding more detail.

Awesome. Any idea on price?

Jason

for some reason I can't find them now but I'm pretty sure they're gunna be $45. I'll email them tonight and double check the price, production numbers, and a good place to preorder since none of the sites they have listed have the TTA available for preorder.

They are suppost to be numbered on the bottom.
They will not sell your car number to you, it's going to be all up in the air with numbers.
So.................................
If anyone gets #231, I will be willing to buy from them, as It's my car number.
If I get a low numer (less than 1550), I will be willing to do the same in return.
How about the rest of you?

George:cool:

I was told by them somewhere over 3500 will be made @ $44.00 each. I've got several on pre-order so they better be perfect! :biggrin:

Hmmmm maybe I'll request #231.... what's it worth to ya George? Haha I'll trade it for one of those nice Owners kits. I'll try asking about requesting certain numbers if they might be willing to do it as one large purchase like a supplier and we request certain numbers. If anything I could ask him if I could come down there and just buy the cars from him in person. However, I don't think they have the cars shipped to their shop, I think they send them straight to their distributors.

Just pre-ordered 2 of these to add to the collection. I keep this up and won't be any space left in the bedroom for people...lol.

Where does it say they will be numbered, I pre ordered 2 early this year ... still waiting to get them and seems like we are looking at February 2007 for delivery ... pushed back from Nov 2006 as initally stated

#1376 for me...will trade straight up to whoever gets it...

I also preordered 2 back several months ago...so I will have 2 to trade as well.

Alright I got the ok to mention some of the details. Right now they're working on figuring out where to run wiring and hoses under the engine bay. Originally the car wasn't going to have this much detail but they've decided to bump it up a notch. The tires have the original tread pattern. Underneath all of the suspension is there (LCAs, A-arms, sway bars, torque arm, tie rods, etc), it has all the lines that are in the stamped steel on the floor board too, the correct oil drain plug, the indexing holes on the A-arms, all the lower air dam pieces, and the transmission pan and crossmember are laid out correctly. Underneath the hood is in incredible detail without even having the wires there's the changes in level on the front painted area, intercooler, all the piping, intercooler scoop, coil pack, washer bottle, overflow bottle, battery, AC components, alternator, center bolt valve covers, brake boost, upper shock mounts, and just about everything on the car.

For preordering he suggested here DIECAST 1989 Pontiac Firebird Turbo Trans Am White Indy 500 Pace Car There's going to be 3500 TTAs made and 1500 Red GTAs and 1500 Black GTAs, the numbers might change though with how many preorders they've been getting.

I also emailed him about getting specific car numbers. I should get a response today or tomorrow and I'll let you know.

Alright I got the ok to mention some of the details. Right now they're working on figuring out where to run wiring and hoses under the engine bay. Originally the car wasn't going to have this much detail but they've decided to bump it up a notch. The tires have the original tread pattern. Underneath all of the suspension is there (LCAs, A-arms, sway bars, torque arm, tie rods, etc), it has all the lines that are in the stamped steel on the floor board too, and the transmission pan and crossmember are laid out correctly. Underneath the hood is in incredible detail without even having the wires there's the changes in level on the front painted area, intercooler and all the piping, coil pack, washer bottle, overflow bottle, battery, AC components, alternator, center bolt valve covers, brake boost, upper shock mounts, and just about everything on the car.

Wow, sounds like I should pre-order a couple of more ... I've been waiting years for something like this .... hope they turn out as nice as you describe them. Sounds like it will be well worth the wait (April 2007 looks like).