Updates on TTA diecast

what about the coolant reservoir insulator blanket? :D

And will the intercooler scoop replacement cost $500? :D

haha I don't think the blanket will be there since they'll use the same mold for that part as the GTA.

He said as of right now they don't have any way to distribute certain numbers. The cars will be numbered but the numbers aren't on the outside of the boxes so it'd be a nightmare trying to find them. They're trying to find a way to maybe number the boxes or something alond those lines so that they could possibly make this an option on later models but it doesn't look like it'll be available on the TTAs.

That's ok let them go out on their own.. I kept preordered 231 of them to make sure I get George's car :D

Straight from Matt.

Jason,

Nice to hear from you. I did receive the images, they were helpful. It is amazing how many people take pictures of their car but never at exact straight on views.

Yes, the cars will be individually numbered on the base. As far as getting an exact number, that is almost impossible for us to put together because of the logistics problems it would cause for our factory. Not to mention we would have to label each and every outer package, inner carton and master carton which in the past has caused some theft problems with trucking companies looking for low numbers. Sorry for the bad news about that, I would suggest maybe posting a thread on the forums to see if people are looking to trade for their specific numbers. Maybe that would prove helpful.

As far as pre-ordering, I would try Diecast cars, diecast model cars, diecast collectibles, diecastmuscle cars – they are located in Michigan not to far from you. They are pre-ordering and I think they are the closest dealer to where you live. There is also Milezone Toys in Michigan City but they don’t seem to be pre-ordering the TTA at this time. I expect them to carry it but maybe not until it actually arrives.

I hope that helps, thanks,

Die cast

I went to their site to pre-order and was immediately turned off when I saw that the models would have white interior. Does anyone know if they are going to put the correct color interior in these models???

I went to their site to pre-order and was immediately turned off when I saw that the models would have white interior. Does anyone know if they are going to put the correct color interior in these models???

What link showed you one with a white interior? I'm sure they won't have a white interior either way.

no no no, that's just the current state of the prototype. They will have tan interior, you're just seeing some bare clear plastic.

Gee guys,
Thanks for all the help!:eek:
I know that if I now find a few numbers, I'm keeping them!;)
I tried years ago, working with a big shop, on collecting all the names with car numbers for someone making these cars in diecast.
The shop got nowhere, and I then approached GMP/Ertl direct, and again, got nowhere. They did tell me that if I ante up 25-35 thousand dollars, they would concider it.
I approached GMP, as they had done GNs and the GNX.
That would pretty much been the engine and wheels already pretty much done in scale.
They still said no.
At the time, Greenlight made an 1980 Indy Pace car, and used the wrong engine and hood, as well as the hoodbird. No one wanted them to do one.
Now that they are, I, as well as others, hope they get it right.
I contacted Greenlight direct, and got the same story.
They will do it right, and no one can get their car number.
Even when you buy diecast on ebay, most, if not all, dealers/people will open the box, and get you a number.
I sure hope others (and me;) ) can get out car numbers.
I know when I get some, I will post the numbers.
As for proof, I would suggust posting your car number over on Turbo Trans AM.Com
That's the only one I know of, that people can view.
That, and PHS letter stating the build number.
Maybe we all can figure out a way to help each other.
Any suggustions?
Let's hear some ideas.

George:cool:

Once they are out we'll make a thread on all the boards and post the car numbers we have and link all the sites. The sites I'm a mod on I'll make sure they get sticky. I should have plenty of car numbers I think I'm up to 12 I pre-ordered already! :eek: Everytime I see a post about them I pre-order some more! lol It's all George and Jan's fault! They made me this way! :cool:

Gee guys,

At the time, Greenlight made an 1980 Indy Pace car, and used the wrong engine and hood, as well as the hoodbird. No one wanted them to do one.
Now that they are, I, as well as others, hope they get it right.

Don't worry George they're getting it right. I've been going back and forth with one of the guys leading the project at Greenlight helping him find any things that are incorrect on the prototypes and providing him with photos of TTAs so that he can see how it should be. They took a lot of pictures of the TTA at Indianapolis Motor Speedway so the car has been mainly based off that car. They'll have the lights underneath the spoiler and they'll probably have the humps under the rear hatch for the strobe relays.

The story that I have been told is that they originally tried going really cheap and cut the quality on the cars in the beginning. So things weren't made right and some of the stuff didn't fit right. They have decided to take a turn as a company and they're working on making they're models a lot more detailed and higher quality but also trying to keep the prices down.

So,
Let me get this right.
You mean that they are making the actual Pace Car, not the cars that we have?
Now I will buy extra regular GTA ones, and probably change engine bays and such to make my actual car.

Just wondering,

Jim,
Glad I was able to help you (corrupt you rather)!;)
If they do come out good, you can bet that I'll have quite a few too!:rolleyes:

So,
Let me get this right.
You mean that they are making the actual Pace Car, not the cars that we have?
Now I will buy extra regular GTA ones, and probably change engine bays and such to make my actual car.

Just wondering,

correct they're making the actual pace car. I'm not sure if they'll have the humps in the hatch but I know it will have the light bar in the back.

Jared is there anyway you can talk to them about those strobes in the back wing? I don't know about the other guys but I'd rather not have that stuff and have them make it just like the replica cars like we all have. I guess you might not even be able to see them under there but personally I'd rather have them do our cars and not the actual pace car.

Jared is there anyway you can talk to them about those strobes in the back wing? I don't know about the other guys but I'd rather not have that stuff and have them make it just like the replica cars like we all have. I guess you might not even be able to see them under there but personally I'd rather have them do our cars and not the actual pace car.

Agree with Jim, I rather have them look like our cars (replicas) than the acutal pace car ... will be cheaper for them as well or they will have to do different versions for the GTA unless they make the GTA look like the pace car :)

I sent Matt at Greenlight an email about the lights under the spoiler. I included a link to this thread so that he could see your opinions for himself and hopefully he'll post and maybe give a little better insight about the model too for everyone.

If that's the case, again, I'll just make my own when they come out with the regular GTAs.
Just change a few things over, and repaint.
Looking at the pre-production version, I sure hope they get that spoiler worked out right.
Looks like they cut the ends off where it comes to the points.
I would have rather had the version like all 1550, not the actual pace car.
Unless they do something like the Kitt cars that Ertl did, made them work!;)

I'm with Jim & Jan - I would rather the diecasts look like our cars and not the actual pace car.

Jim, I thought I had preordered too many until I heard how many you ordered! I'm tempted to go back and get some more! :biggrin:

Chris
----------
1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #760 (1808 miles)
1988 Chevrolet Corvette 35th Anniversary #1941/2050
1983 Delorean DMC-12
1985 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900