Two GNs stolen from La Puente.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
I was informed this morning of a break in and double grand theft auto of not one, but two 87 GNs.
This allegedly happened two weeks ago on 3/29/16.
Please keep an eye and ear out for cars being parted out. It seems as though both cars had similar mods.
Here's what I was told.

Both had Champion aluminum heads, roller rockers, Alum power "6" logo valve covers, aluminum radiators, duel fans, Hotchkis suspensions, 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhausts with Magnaflows, and Baer brakes. One of the cars had reproduction GNX wheels. Not sure about the other one.

87 GN #1 Lic# 4RX2858 VIN# 1G4GJ1178HP452905

87 GN #2 Lic# GRAND NA VIN# 7G4GJ1173HP445716

These were all of the car's details that I was given. If anyone has more details that may help in the recovery, please call

Detective Andrew Turpen
(626) 350-4528

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These cars were stolen from inside of a locked area of some sort.
No one's car is completely safe.
Kill switches, secret chip securities, alarm's, garages, dogs, Lojack, etc.

Do as much to keep them safe as you can.

Mike Barnard

Mike, send me all the info you got please

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

One Idea I recently saw was buying a inexpensive cell phone/plan, turn off all alerts that you then mount up under the dash and then leave powered up with a charger connected to the cars electrical system. And it would be able to be tracked for at least a few days or more after the thief cuts the power. I am doing something for sure when I get my car back from paint.
Sucks that people do this kind of crap and way too many times it is your neighbors buddies, or someone you know that has inside information that does this to you.

Where did this happen at spoolfool?

:(As much as it hurts to hear...and literally scars me everyday, thinking mine will be next, I appreciate you sharing and will keep an ear to the ground.

It scares me so much that I've considered selling mine just to avoid it being stolen from me. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sell it...but I'd rather sell it to another person that will take good care of her then someone stripping here down for parts.

...And yes I went out and checked to make sure mine is still here.

Good luck to the owners, I truly hope they find them and hopefully all together.

:(As much as it hurts to hear...and literally scars me everyday, thinking mine will be next, I appreciate you sharing and will keep an ear to the ground.

It scares me so much that I've considered selling mine just to avoid it being stolen from me. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sell it...but I'd rather sell it to another person that will take good care of her then someone stripping here down for parts.

...And yes I went out and checked to make sure mine is still here.

Good luck to the owners, I truly hope they find them and hopefully all together.
If you decide to sell it be careful there as well. I have heard of potential buyers coming to a guys house to look at a car for sale, then coming back to steal it. Also when you take to car out for a drive make sure no one is following you home. It really sucks maybe a LoJack is another way to deal with the problem. On second thought a 12 gauge works well just be careful not to hit the car. Body work can be expensive.

If anyone is going to the Pomona swap meet, keep an eye out for them parts, maybe the theirs are dumb enough that would go there to sell the parts.