1987 Grand National 1 Owner Excellent Condition

GNDriver1

1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL

NUMBERS MATCHING - TRUE WE2 OPTION CODE

1 Owner car bought new from dealership in 1987
Full roof, not T-Top
Recently repainted with high quality paint - much nicer than factory paint job
This car is equipped with almost every available factory option including:
A/C, cruise control, HD alternator, 3.42 limited slip rear axle, remote left & right mirrors, LED tach and turbo boost gauge, headlights on warning chime, trip odometer, power seats, lighted vanity mirror, front seat reading lamps, power windows & locks, tilt wheel, AM/FM cassette w/equalizer, power antenna, factory alarm, rear defogger, electric trunk release, delay wipers, front (w/Turbo 6 logo) & rear carpet savers, low fuel warning light
Transmission rebuilt less than 5,000 miles ago with TCI heavy duty shift kit and extra wide 1st gear band, hardened spline support, B & M 2800 stall torque converter and synthetic trans. fluid
Deep aluminum finned transmission pan
Deep aluminum finned rear end cover with Buick logo, synthetic gear oil
Cat back stainless steel dual exhaust with polished tips
Applied Technologies Research add ons:
Pit Bull computer chip (still have factory chip)
Intercooler air scoop
Ram air system with high flow K&N filter
Plenum spacer
Custom, cleanable oil breather filters
Upgraded intercooler hoses
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
New Griffin aluminum radiator
New Grand National fender placards
Dual remote oil filters
Fuel rail mount pressure guage
Pioneer 6X9 triaxial speakers mounted under rear dash with 4X10 adapters
B&M transmission cooler with electric fan
B&M heavy duty oil cooler with electric fan
4 new Auto Meter elec. gauges, oil pressure & temp, water temp. and trans. temp
All factory warning lights also still work
New headliner
Original front and rear floor mats, front with Turbo 6 logo
2 new 12" wide P275/50/R15 Goodrich Radial T/A tires on rear
P235/60/R15 Goodrich Radial T/A tires on front
Original owner’s manual and two volume GM chassis service manual included
Much more- Most added on items are bolt on and can easily be removed to return car to factory condition. All factory parts removed were saved and will go with car.
Extremely well maintained, adult owned, 1 owner car that turns heads with bad boy good looks, has excellent acceleration, good fuel economy, and great handling. All fluids changed regularly - oil changed religiously every 3,000 miles with synthetic oil.

New aluminum radiator and oil coolers keep car running cool even in summer with A/C running, unlike factory setup which was inadequate. A/C works perfectly and blows cold air.

Original window sticker included (see photo)

Some other factory options include:

Tinted Glass
Halogen headlamps
Extremely rare low fuel warning light. This option was not even offered on any Regals, Grand Nationals or T-Types in 1987, but provisions were built into the instrument cluster to accept the low fuel indicator. This car is probably one of only a handful, if not the only one to have this option.

This car is also equipped with a LoJack vehicle recovery device which can be activated by local police in the event the car is stolen. LoJack operates in about 30 U. S. states and 30 countries worldwide. This device was installed by the dealer when the car was purchased new in 1987 at a cost of around $1000.00, however you will need to contact LoJack to update the unit for the new owner. Go to the LoJack website for details and coverage areas.

Here’s a chance to own the fastest production car made in the U. S. in 1987. With low 13 second ¼ mile times and impressive 0-60 times in the 4 second range, it blows away most factory cars.Performance, comfort and style all in one package. Asking $15,500 or best reasonable offer.

Call with any questions 617-733-2465 - 8AM -9PM Eastern time only please.

Pix of '87 GN

Also willing to trade for streetable 1970 (only) Road Runner 440 4spd does not have to be matching numbers

Attachments

• 0516091732.jpg
    0516091732.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,692
  • 0513091756a.jpg
    0513091756a.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1,667
  • 0513091943.jpg
    0513091943.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,692
More '87 GN Pix

More pix as requested

Attachments

• 0513091945.jpg
    0513091945.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,639
  • 0515091434a.jpg
    0515091434a.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,644
  • 0515091434b.jpg
    0515091434b.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,639
  • 0515091446.jpg
    0515091446.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,632
  • 0515091501.jpg
    0515091501.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,628
The car is pretty clean, not spotless, but much nicer than many of them out there. If you want showroom condition be prepared to spend a lot more than $15K...

Wheel well moldings have been installed since the picture was taken.
Average retail value according to NADA guide is $14,850.

The car is pretty clean, not spotless, but much nicer than many of them out there. If you want showroom condition be prepared to spend a lot more than $15K...

It was the Last part of your ad that got me, what I read and how I interpreted it, Your advertisment came across that this forum is just a gathering of wishfull people who dont own these cars and you show up with a 22 year old car and 6 whole post's to enlighten me?

the engine is crusty and so is underneath, i dont care if it has a gold plated steering wheel, with todays economy if you pull 15k for that then many blessings go out to you.

Good luck with sale, IM sure it will find a good home

Nice try with the sales pitch, but people on this forum are very educated when it comes to these cars. I suggest you take some time and research some posts as to what has sold for how much and in what condition. I bet you will be quite surprised. If not, get ready for some backlash.

Nice car by the way. Not a $15K car, but nice.

It seems lately in this forum that if people don't agree with a person's price on his car that ALL they want to do is criticize if it doesn't have this or that. The market will dictate if his car sells or not,not a bunch of SO CALLED EXPERTS!!!!!!!!!

It seems lately in this forum that if people don't agree with a person's price on his car that ALL they want to do is criticize if it doesn't have this or that. The market will dictate if his car sells or not,not a bunch of SO CALLED EXPERTS!!!!!!!!!

You know Mr Parks, I was going to respond to the post you made in the $45k GNX thread but declined.

I know an individual that looked in person at the $45k GNX and I have a list of problems with the car...... NOT listed in his ad... that is deception from the buyer not listing that in his ad. But yet YOU defended him and kicked the board members in the nuts for calling him out.

Here you are again kicking board members and defending a car I bet 99% that you have never seen in your life or even know the seller. What an ass that makes YOU look like.

I guess you are from the "show me State":rolleyes:

This car appers nice in the paint, we are just telling him what potential buyers want to see.

and Yes, having owned 5 GN's all under 20k origional miles and a TTA under 20k origional miles, I and others do know what we are talking about..... experts no,,,,, damn knowledgable buyers YES!

Cheers!

You know Mr Parks, I was going to respond to the post you made in the $45k GNX thread but declined.

I know an individual that looked in person at the $45k GNX and I have a list of problems with the car...... NOT listed in his ad... that is deception from the buyer not listing that in his ad. But yet YOU defended him and kicked the board members in the nuts for calling him out.

Here you are again kicking board members and defending a car I bet 99% that you have never seen in your life or even know the seller. What an ass that makes YOU look like.

I guess you are from the "show me State":rolleyes:

This car appers nice in the paint, we are just telling him what potential buyers want to see.

and Yes, having owned 5 GN's all under 20k origional miles and a TTA under 20k origional miles, I and others do know what we are talking about..... experts no,,,,, damn knowledgable buyers YES!

Cheers!

I'm NOT defending anybody!!! Just let people look at the vehicles,and let them make their OWN decision.
Personal attacks on me are ok. I guess it makes the person feel better. I hope it did!!!!!!

Looks like to me you kicked first, I just responded.

Back on topic, good luck with the sale of your car.

I didn't expect quite the reaction here, but a good healthy debate enlightens us all. As the post reads, the $15,500. is an asking price/starting point or best reasonable offer. It's such a nice car I'll just keep it and enjoy it rather than give it away.

It's such a nice car I'll just keep it and enjoy it rather than give it away.

And thats what I should have said from the get go, it wont pull that kind of money, so keep it but while you have it do this..

Change the pitbull chip..too much timing for todays gas..prolly getting spark knock like crazy..get a TT chip or Bob's

And when the market warms up, by that time you will have detailed the engine area and underneath.

Then when you relist it...forget the RAM AIR part...you cant Ram Air into a Turbo impeller...old ideas from 20 years ago.

Also good idea to list who rebuilt the tranny...very few good 200 builders out there that WILL make them stout enough to handle the torque.

Have fun but change the chip and get a scan tool also