1987 Grand National 1 Owner Excellent Condition

I personally appreciated the comments from the so called experts before I purchased so I knew what I was spending was in the ballpark. Thanks guys for chiming in.

BTW, they do sell custom fit floor mats for these cars you know.

It seems lately in this forum that if people don't agree with a person's price on his car that ALL they want to do is criticize if it doesn't have this or that. The market will dictate if his car sells or not,not a bunch of SO CALLED EXPERTS!!!!!!!!!

Mr Parks, What is your point? "so called experts" This guy joined this fourm with no other reason than to sell his car. We point out whats wrong and what needs done. Why is that so upsetting to you? Lack of wheel well trim will cost a new owner about $500.00 to replace. Did you know that? How long have you owned a turbo Regal? I ordered mine and watched it come off the truck. I know every inch of my car.

BTW the fender emblems are high. Should be lower on the fender.

Kurt

You know Mr Parks, I was going to respond to the post you made in the $45k GNX thread but declined.

I know an individual that looked in person at the $45k GNX and I have a list of problems with the car...... NOT listed in his ad... that is deception from the buyer not listing that in his ad. But yet YOU defended him and kicked the board members in the nuts for calling him out.

Here you are again kicking board members and defending a car I bet 99% that you have never seen in your life or even know the seller. What an ass that makes YOU look like.

I guess you are from the "show me State":rolleyes:

This car appers nice in the paint, we are just telling him what potential buyers want to see.

and Yes, having owned 5 GN's all under 20k origional miles and a TTA under 20k origional miles, I and others do know what we are talking about..... experts no,,,,, damn knowledgable buyers YES!

Cheers!

Not all of us in the "show me State" are bad.:biggrin: ( I am just a transplant)

Bryan

By the way there is a little more wrong with the GNX that is not being disclosed. Not that I wouldn't purchase the car...just not for the asking price.

Not all of us in the "show me State" are bad.:biggrin: ( I am just a transplant)

Bryan

By the way there is a little more wrong with the GNX that is not being disclosed. Not that I wouldn't purchase the car...just not for the asking price.

Thats what I heard.

1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL

NUMBERS MATCHING - TRUE WE2 OPTION CODE

1 Owner car bought new from dealership in 1987
Full roof, not T-Top
Recently repainted with high quality paint - much nicer than factory paint job
This car is equipped with almost every available factory option including:
A/C, cruise control, HD alternator, 3.42 limited slip rear axle, remote left & right mirrors, LED tach and turbo boost gauge, headlights on warning chime, trip odometer, power seats, lighted vanity mirror, front seat reading lamps, power windows & locks, tilt wheel, AM/FM cassette w/equalizer, power antenna, factory alarm, rear defogger, electric trunk release, delay wipers, front (w/Turbo 6 logo) & rear carpet savers, low fuel warning light
Transmission rebuilt less than 5,000 miles ago with TCI heavy duty shift kit and extra wide 1st gear band, hardened spline support, B & M 2800 stall torque converter and synthetic trans. fluid
Deep aluminum finned transmission pan
Deep aluminum finned rear end cover with Buick logo, synthetic gear oil
Cat back stainless steel dual exhaust with polished tips
Applied Technologies Research add ons:
Pit Bull computer chip (still have factory chip)
Intercooler air scoop
Ram air system with high flow K&N filter
Plenum spacer
Custom, cleanable oil breather filters
Upgraded intercooler hoses
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
New Griffin aluminum radiator
New Grand National fender placards
Dual remote oil filters
Fuel rail mount pressure guage
Pioneer 6X9 triaxial speakers mounted under rear dash with 4X10 adapters
B&M transmission cooler with electric fan
B&M heavy duty oil cooler with electric fan
4 new Auto Meter elec. gauges, oil pressure & temp, water temp. and trans. temp
All factory warning lights also still work
New headliner
Original front and rear floor mats, front with Turbo 6 logo
2 new 12" wide P275/50/R15 Goodrich Radial T/A tires on rear
P235/60/R15 Goodrich Radial T/A tires on front
Original owner’s manual and two volume GM chassis service manual included
Much more- Most added on items are bolt on and can easily be removed to return car to factory condition. All factory parts removed were saved and will go with car.
Extremely well maintained, adult owned, 1 owner car that turns heads with bad boy good looks, has excellent acceleration, good fuel economy, and great handling. All fluids changed regularly - oil changed religiously every 3,000 miles with synthetic oil.

New aluminum radiator and oil coolers keep car running cool even in summer with A/C running, unlike factory setup which was inadequate. A/C works perfectly and blows cold air.

Original window sticker included (see photo)

Some other factory options include:

Tinted Glass
Halogen headlamps
Extremely rare low fuel warning light. This option was not even offered on any Regals, Grand Nationals or T-Types in 1987, but provisions were built into the instrument cluster to accept the low fuel indicator. This car is probably one of only a handful, if not the only one to have this option.

This car is also equipped with a LoJack vehicle recovery device which can be activated by local police in the event the car is stolen. LoJack operates in about 30 U. S. states and 30 countries worldwide. This device was installed by the dealer when the car was purchased new in 1987 at a cost of around $1000.00, however you will need to contact LoJack to update the unit for the new owner. Go to the LoJack website for details and coverage areas.

Here’s a chance to own the fastest production car made in the U. S. in 1987. With low 13 second ¼ mile times and impressive 0-60 times in the 4 second range, it blows away most factory cars.Performance, comfort and style all in one package. Asking $15,500 or best reasonable offer.

Call with any questions 617-733-2465 - 8AM -9PM Eastern time only please.

Good luck with the sale of your car. You might want to advertise on other sites. It's tough selling a car in todays market!!!!

annoying....

It's funny how I look at a lot of classifieds because I am in the market for something. They all seem to go well except TB.Com. It's the only site that every thread the owner gets an "education" about what his car is NOt worth. In my outside opinion if your not interested in purchasing the car or giving a compliment than why post. Your stepping on a mans toes while he's trying to sell his car. Suppose he has a family to feed and needs that money? Does it help for you to de-value his sale??? Does a dirty undercarrage really devalue a car? a dirty engine compartment??? C'mon now, It would give me something to do when I bought it.
If I was interested in this guys car I would go look at it in person and decide if I , the buyer with the money, feels like it's worth the asking price. But after reading from a guy with a 2700 post TB.com education that the seller is crazy for asking that much it just turns me away from the thread.

And that is why the market is down on these cars.

It's funny how I look at a lot of classifieds because I am in the market for something. They all seem to go well except TB.Com. It's the only site that every thread the owner gets an "education" about what his car is NOt worth. In my outside opinion if your not interested in purchasing the car or giving a compliment than why post. Your stepping on a mans toes while he's trying to sell his car. Suppose he has a family to feed and needs that money? Does it help for you to de-value his sale??? Does a dirty undercarrage really devalue a car? a dirty engine compartment??? C'mon now, It would give me something to do when I bought it.
If I was interested in this guys car I would go look at it in person and decide if I , the buyer with the money, feels like it's worth the asking price. But after reading from a guy with a 2700 post TB.com education that the seller is crazy for asking that much it just turns me away from the thread.

Your analysis is RIGHT ON!!!!!!!

yeah i know im new here but id have to agree with this.this is the only forum site im on that trashes every ones cars for sale.have some respect people.if you dont like it then make a note to urself and get off the thread.

yeah i know im new here but id have to agree with this.this is the only forum site im on that trashes every ones cars for sale.have some respect people.if you dont like it then make a note to urself and get off the thread.

X2

It helps to be a little humble when posting a car on here... dont list a bunch of 19 year old ATR gizmos like RAM AIR and think I will bite but if folks wernt here chiming in..someone whos new might not know and bite

Last

when you put at the end of your ad...this

Here’s a chance to own the fastest production car made in the U. S. in 1987. With low 13 second ¼ mile times and impressive 0-60 times in the 4 second range, it blows away most factory cars.Performance, comfort and style all in one package.

It makes it look like Billy Mays wrote it

It helps to be a little humble when posting a car on here... dont list a bunch of 19 year old ATR gizmos like RAM AIR and think I will bite but if folks wernt here chiming in..someone whos new might not know and bite

Last

when you put at the end of your ad...this

Here’s a chance to own the fastest production car made in the U. S. in 1987. With low 13 second ¼ mile times and impressive 0-60 times in the 4 second range, it blows away most factory cars.Performance, comfort and style all in one package.

It makes it look like Billy Mays wrote it

Who are you to judge his ad. Are you interested in his car? No,you just want to trash him. I don't think buyers need you to be their "EXPERT"!!!!!!!
They can make a decision without you!!!
Reading his ad,he didn't ask for opinions about his car,just that it is for sale.

I just don't get it.

Picture this,

You're standing in your driveway showing your nice and clean GN to a potential new owner. Your running down a list of things that you have added such as aftermarket fuel and air upgrades.

Then BOOM....

A man pops out from behind a bush. He gets right between you and your potential buyer and says, wait a minute, you shouldn't mention to him that this was a fast production car. You shouldn't mention that is has ATR parts because there outdated, you shouldn't....blah blah blah.....
"In fact, sir(potential buyer), this car isnt really worth what this guy is asking. I've read threads on TB.com that seemed like better deals."

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't act like that in person so why do it on a FS ad on the net???

Who are you to judge his ad. Are you interested in his car? No,you just want to trash him. I don't think buyers need you to be their "EXPERT"!!!!!!!
They can make a decision without you!!!
Reading his ad,he didn't ask for opinions about his car,just that it is for sale.

I think Ty said it quite eloquently when responding to you Mr Parks and damn LS1 you joined in 01 with 30 posts and now your comming out from behind a bush to chime in on this guys ad? or our comments?...have you just located your cape?

Ok I think ive taking up enough space on this guys add to respond to the New Defenders of the Board.

you all can have the last word.... IM gonna top off my alky tank and go for a cruise

I think Ty said it quite eloquently when responding to you Mr Parks and damn LS1 you joined in 01 with 30 posts and now your comming out from behind a bush to chime in on this guys ad? or our comments?...have you just located your cape?

Ok I think ive taking up enough space on this guys add to respond to the New Defenders of the Board.

you all can have the last word.... IM gonna top off my alky tank and go for a cruise

I think if I were you, I'd leave too!!!!!!!! Next time if you haven't anything good to say,just go on!!!!!!!!!!
You ought to go back to your previous car people. You fit right in with them!!!!!!!!

0513091945.jpg

This is all I had to see to make my assessment - I guess the Bat signal is missing it's overlay, and the floor mats speak volumes....

For all you douters out there: I purchased this car 2 wks ago from the original owner. It is well worth the $$$ I paid for it. While I didn't pay the orginal asking price or anywhere near it, the car is very clean and runs perfectly. It has NO leaks anywhere (which i know is suprising for these cars). The interior and exterior are an 8 out of 10. The undercarraige/frame just has surface rust and will clean up nicely. Floor boards are in great shape too.

Trust me when I tell you folks. I looked for 3 months, everyday, on every CAR FOR SALE SITE imaginable, and this was the one that was the best for the $$$. Alot of GN's for sale out there are a JOKE (P.O.S's) for the price peeps are asking. While this car needs just a little T.L.C, there were alot worse out there I could have bought for thousands more $$$.
I have already ordered and installed a couple of new parts for it, lowered the fender emblems, spun the tires around (NO more raised whites) etc, etc.

BTW. The prevoius owner was a stand up guy and waited patciently while I got the $$ together.

Sorry, for digging this old thread up! Just had to shut some of you Jag-offs up. LOL